Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / alarm system
- - By ryan gaspard (**) Date 07-31-2008 22:42
does any one no of an alarm system that i can put on my welding bed to stop theives from stealing my welding leads,torch hoses,and tools. i am in new iberia, la. someone stole my buddies welding leads, remote, umbrella and his allumanium seat. out of his yard about 12 ft. from his back yard. everyone says lock it up, but thats how they cut the leads with bolt cutters.thanks for any help, by the way i am in a rv park with about 100 more rv'eres.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 07-31-2008 22:44
American Pit Bull Terrier. :-)

jrw159
Parent - By up-ten (***) Date 07-31-2008 23:19
Electric fence maybe?
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 08-01-2008 02:35
buy a utility van, the ones like a bread company uses for delivery's with the welder exhaust piped outside, also make sure you have a carbon monoxide alarm inside, it keeps everything locked up and dry when it rains. had one years ago, if I ever have another rig, it would be another van.
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 08-01-2008 02:44
I have insurance that covers theft of any of my "STUFF" on my rig.
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 08-01-2008 17:14
you should be able to set the intensity or sensitivity of your alarm so that slight vibration on the bed causes the alarm to go off.
Parent - By phaux (***) Date 08-01-2008 23:34
I would look into a system that has  motion detector. You could also look into wiring something such as a pressure switch into the system so that if someone were to lift the leads or tanks the alarm would go off. The downside with making the alarm very sensitive is that if it's windy, raining or loud vehicles drive by it can set off the alarm.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / alarm system