Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / ppl looking for work near ft worth
- - By pipeliner04 (**) Date 06-05-2008 03:10
theres been a lot of guys looking for all kinds of work in the dallas ft worth area ranging from helpers to welders.  some of the companies i know about to get a hold of that look for help such as operators welders helpers fitters civil hands and your good ol labor hands.  louis dreyfus pipeline in odessa texas hired mid america pipeline out of claremore oklahoma and is building nine stations from cleburne down to beaumont. To all welders i do have the straw boss's number,  theyre on the second one cause i just left.  holloman denton office is also building stations down to houston as we speak.  theyre workin on a 42" station in lufkin tx, theyre about 2 months along. Encon LLC is also working on a 42" station south of shreveport louisiana.  Saulcon in Odessa texas is building a 9 phase refinery near mineral wells and i believe there on phase 3 or 4 at the moment.  Ref-Chem in Odessa is also a contractor on that job.  theres a huge amount work goin on in that area right now especially in cleburne, glen rose, and granburry texas.  Lots of pipe being laid and valve settings though im not sure who the contractors are.  if your lookin for other work across texas let me know and ill do what i can do to help you out with what your looking for.  but keep in mind,,,most of the work i know about is pipe work.  Hope this will help some of you.  Thanx
Parent - - By jim parker (**) Date 06-05-2008 12:10 Edited 06-05-2008 12:20
hey got any numbers I'm looking for some work! Ive got my own rig. I'm in north east arkansas now. Parkerwelding@yahoo.com. 870-278-3605
Parent - By pipeliner04 (**) Date 06-06-2008 04:43
jim parker,,if you weld pipe construction call texas gas hanson office in hanson kentucky.  i dont have the number but its listed.  theyre in southwest kentucky.  also call jimmy eyo at 205 844 7890.  hes doin rehab work near lexington kentucky.  good money too. the contractor is progressive,,when they get done there they are laying 11 miles of big inch in owensboro kentucky.  be  a good little gig.  ive got an inspector buddy that works in the arkansas area..ill get in touch with him tomm and see what he knows
Parent - By rex9o3 Date 06-05-2008 16:16
In texarkana, tx finishing up a job and looking for work. I live in the longview area. I am a rig welder, if you know of anything you can contact me at 903-738-5525, or at rex9o3@yahoo.com. Thanks, rex.
Parent - - By pipelinetrash23 (**) Date 06-05-2008 19:15
i am lookin for work in the tx area for welder helper and learning to weld also. do you have any numbers or company names what so ever??? i need something asap. im from longview, tx but im in oklahoma now trying to go back to tx asap. this company i came to work for in oklahoma aint worth it. PLEASE HELP! if you have anything at all please email me at jtman2140@hotmail.com. thanks
Parent - - By pipeliner04 (**) Date 06-06-2008 04:36
yea man all those company names i put in the thread have a city and a name youll just have to look em up.  your best bet would be to get a hold of holloman pipeline denton office at 940 482 3442.  she'll tell you there manned up but thats a crock of ****,,,she tells everybody that.  theyre doin station work right there in lufkin, which isnt too far from longview.  also theres a guy by the name of Goldie,,,tell him a welder named cory told you to call about the job,,,theyre working in palestine right now i believe. 918 688 5208.  also try this compant encon from katy texas.  thyre workin in shreveport on a job,,,i dont know where they stand on mechanical completion but i do know they exist.  713 725 7612.  this guys name is chad,,hes the general manager over all jobs done by them.  also in carthage texas,,,Infrasource underground is doin a job there,,,station work,,,shut down work which means 24 hr a day type deal.  i dont have there number anymore but they do have an office in georgia so youll have to call info on that one.  also call a superintendandt named oscar, he knows where some work around that area is at 832 334 2422.  hope any of this helps,,let me know how it turns out
Parent - - By CLaytonACARTER (*) Date 08-13-2008 03:18
Hey I kinda butted in on this.  I have been welding for about 10 years now and I have my own rig but inbetween jobs.  I needed some names and numbers.   This helped alot.  If you have anymore of know of anything else in these areas let me know.  I like to stay close to home right now. I have a baby girl that will be one in a few days and a 6 year lil boy by my first marriage and I hate not being around for them. Which as you know in this perfession that is hard to do stay close to home.  I live in NOrth East Texas.  Thanks for this.  SOrry I butted in but if you know of anything else let me know.  Thanks
Parent - - By phaux (***) Date 08-13-2008 04:06
There's a whole lot goin on out here in Marshall where I'm at right now.
Parent - By CLaytonACARTER (*) Date 08-13-2008 05:17
Have names or numbers to any of those places??
Parent - - By ryan gaspard (**) Date 08-14-2008 02:46
can you give any names or numbers or a location where we can go talk to someone, have rig truck and insurance. thanks alot
Parent - By phaux (***) Date 08-15-2008 00:02
The company I'm currently with is about to finish with this job in the next few days. Mark III out of Sealy, Tx is out here. Take I-20 to 31 South, then take that to 2625. 2625 seems to be where they're doing a bunch of work. I hear they ran off a whole crew of pipeliners last week, whatever company they were working for might be hiring. Just drive around Marshall or hang around the lws, u'll see tons of rigs. Drive by pretty much any restaurant here after hours and u'll see rigs parked out front.
Parent - - By rex9o3 Date 06-06-2008 07:46
Thanks, i got a handfull of places to go contact in the morning. Also if you hear of any work in west, luisianna it would be closer then ft worth.
Parent - - By okwelder82 (***) Date 06-07-2008 01:55
There must be a ton of work around Cleburne, I was down there testing for Pumpco this morning and almost every other vehicle I passed on the road was a rig truck.
Parent - - By texwelder (***) Date 06-07-2008 02:02
Yeah man there is a lot of work that area I heard there payin some of them 85 an hour with everything furnished. It almost that much work down here around buffalo, franklin, and jewitt.
Parent - By okwelder82 (***) Date 06-07-2008 02:13
We were told 31/15/4/80, consumables supplied. I guess it wont matter cause I busted. Had a little undercut on my bead at the bottom. O well there will be other tests.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 08-14-2008 05:32
what kind of work around buffalo and jewitt been along time since i been to jewitt
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 08-14-2008 10:50
All gas well hook ups and compressor stations, man a lot of them too, Encana's forecast is to drill 300 gas wells in Robertson county alone in the next three years, thas a lot of wells and work.
Parent - - By welderjack (*) Date 08-14-2008 12:58
i am a rig welder and i live just east of houston and would like any help or phone numbers or you can email me at welder_fitter_jack@yahoo.com  or my cell number 281 687 8178                                                                          thank you very much
Parent - By Jake331 (**) Date 08-21-2008 04:27
I'm another one in the northeast texas area...  I'm going to be in houston for about 10 days and will be looking for somewhere to test as soon as I get done... anybody have #'s for the work in marshall? what about all this work around buffalo jewitt marquez area? 
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / ppl looking for work near ft worth