Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Fishing tournament in beaumont
- - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-12-2008 21:50
hey yall i got a fishing tounament in beaumont this weekend they say fish come to you no boat needed just satnd on the shore with a net anyone wanna join me i'm sure it'll be loads of fun oop si forgot to get ankle weights oh well
Parent - - By snuffman (***) Date 09-12-2008 21:52
Heck yeah I even have some poka dotted floatys. LOL
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-12-2008 21:54
hey do you have a floating ice hest mine just has wheels on it doubt it'll float real good
Parent - - By snuffman (***) Date 09-12-2008 21:55
18 wheeler inertube works great.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-12-2008 21:57
we caan turn it into a roughneck fishing tourny the first 1 to catch the roughneck with the red tag wins lol
Parent - By snuffman (***) Date 09-13-2008 00:47
:-)
Parent - By snuffman (***) Date 09-13-2008 07:25
Thats no challenge. Put a beer and a sack of weed on a string and they will swim right to us. lol
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-12-2008 21:55
we can stand on the tailgate of my truck and kill 2 birds with 1 stone go over our limit in fish and get rid of a truck payment lol
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 09-13-2008 01:22
Its 8:15 and it hasnt even started raining yet and I still have power but I know the Ike's surge is only miles away.  I have a second story apartment that is guarded from the wind so I get to have a front row view of this storm.  I have wireless internet access so I should be able to keep informed of tornadoes and it should be an interesting night.  As of now it is is only raining here near NASA but Surfside is completely flooded and Galveston is well on its way.   There is 20,000 people stuck in Galveston with no way out.  There is also a tanker ship 90 miles out with 22 on board that the Coast Gaurd cannot rescue until Ike has passed.
Parent - - By snuffman (***) Date 09-13-2008 01:26
Good luck and hang on tight. You did make a beer run already didnt you? Cant forget the assentials. LOL All bs aside stay safe, hope you and your family make it through safe and sound.
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 09-13-2008 01:42
Thanks Snuffman,

Beer-check(bud light, corona)
Rum-check(bacardi)
Vodka-check(tito's)
Ice- check(frozen)
boarded windows-check(plywood)
extra cell phone batteries-check(3)
lady friend-check(5'8"130ish)
electricity-check(as of 8:45pm cdt)
digital camera-check(7 megapixels)
non-perishables-check(chunky sirloin burger soup)

I did forget candles.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 09-13-2008 04:09
Good luck with the storm, sounds like You have what You need.
Parent - - By rockin d (**) Date 09-13-2008 04:26
you  R a man  after my own heart , beer & doritos hot sauce & beef jerky i am a happy camper
Parent - - By rockin d (**) Date 09-13-2008 04:28
ps drive down south, the weather is still dry & hot
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 09-13-2008 09:33
Well I lost power for four hours.  It just came back on as the eye seems to be crossing the bay down the road.  Downtown Houston is getting smushed right now.  I hope everyone is ok there.
Parent - - By snuffman (***) Date 09-13-2008 17:33
How are you getting along now. From what I can see on the news it just keeps getting worse. Hope your ok.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-13-2008 18:23
hey how you doin up there i just checked the weather channel and it looks like you're gettin hammered we didnt get a drop of rain
Parent - - By snuffman (***) Date 09-13-2008 19:18
so far good, but they say its coming this way. Its all east of me right now. Im in Weatherford
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-13-2008 19:31
i'm sure like me youcan use the rain but dont need the flood
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-13-2008 18:36
did ya make it ok johnny?
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 09-15-2008 17:41
Yeah, thanks for asking Shad. I was very lucky.  I only had a window shattered in my truck but other than that everything is fine.  I was without power for 36 hours but luckily it came back on last night.  It has been a crazy few days. I was designated the pitmaster at my apartment complex and we barbecued since the storm.  It was great to meet my neighbors.  It was great to see people helping each other.  There is no place like Texas!!  I have driven the area and the damage is devastating. I have taken alot of pictures and I will post when I get back to work later this week.
Attachment: surfside.jpg (0B)
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-16-2008 02:36
thats good to hear glad ya made it i now them things aint any fun i was in florida in 04 when they got hit 5 times
Parent - - By snuffman (***) Date 09-16-2008 10:35
How are you holding up? The news keeps showing shortages on everything. Is there anything any one can do to help?
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 09-16-2008 17:22
Thanks for the concern guys.  Everything is going well.  For me it is almost back to business as usual.  I do have 2 neighbors staying with me until their apt can be repaired but that it is no big deal at all.  I am getting my window fixed today and will be back at work tomorrow.  My dad had a tree crash through his kitchen so I will be at his place cleaning up for awhile but as a whole my friends and family were unscathed. Galveston was almost wiped off the map.  Thanks for the concern snuffman and Shad.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-17-2008 00:20
just the way we are we gotta look out for each other
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-19-2008 02:01
Hey Johnny whats it like there i got an email today from a claims adjusting company to go write insurance claim estimates in houston and was wondring how hard it is to get a room fuel and eats i'm guessing i'd have to stay in katy or maybe further out coushatta would be ok with me lol anyway let me know when you get time i might just take it ifthe money is right
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 09-19-2008 21:42
Shad, I really dont know how available hotels are right now.  I would figure they are pretty booked up but I am sure you could find something on the west side of town near Katy.  They werent hit as hard there and according to the news the power is almost 100% restored on that side.  It sounds like a good gig. I am sure you would be busy for quite awhile.  Shoot, the whole island of Galveston is uninhabitable.  If you make it this way give me a hollar and we can get some beers. 
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-19-2008 22:23
sounds like a plan you got any shetland ponies lol inside joke
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Fishing tournament in beaumont