Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Inspection and test plan
- - By doyenofcastle (**) Date 09-16-2008 08:15
any one know web sites talking about the how to make ITP and welding map for structure works
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 09-16-2008 11:41
The inspection and test plan should be derived from the project specs, design drawings, specific country laws/regulations and code, and performed in order of accessibility. I.E. You don't want to cover up a required examination until it is accepted. For the welding map, I assume your refering to what is required for inspection, that is part of the ITP. As for what structure, doesnt really matter. If engineering has a set of design drawings, they should have also designated weld size location etc. An ITP is more attention to detail and awareness of the previously mentioned requirements.

Regards,
Gerald
Parent - By Goose-em (**) Date 09-20-2008 03:03
ITP's are fundemental for some jobs.  I don't know of any websites that can help you.

At the very least they should list:

1. steps
2. description
3. who does what
4. hold points

You can add anything you need based on the job requirements.  I made my own ITP in Excell and have used it for years.

Basically you need to come up with this on your own.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Inspection and test plan