Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI Timetable
- - By ndtkevin (*) Date 02-21-2003 04:42
I was wondering, can anyone tell me appx. how long it takes to hear back from the AWS to confirm they have received a test application. I sent my app and fees and eye test and notorized work history and my first born, etc. about a week before the "six-week deadline". I am anticipating to hear from them...should I call them? Or just be patient?
Parent - By John T. (*) Date 02-21-2003 05:28
If all is in order the will return your test packet back to you with all the information including location, time schedule, hotel fees...yada yada yada. Be patient.
Parent - - By ctate (*) Date 02-21-2003 15:47
I sent my application in about 5 weeks ago and I received my confirmation letter back last week. I am taking the seminar and exam in Newark, NJ the week of March 16th. When is yours?
Parent - By DGXL (***) Date 02-21-2003 16:52
If the time is getting short between your submittal and the cut-off date, it won't hurt to check in.

Out of my last class of 10 potential CWI's, 5 of them had problems with their applications @ AWS ranging from:

*AWS lost a check making him put a stop payment and sending another check (He had to pay the stop payment fee as well.)

*An entire application was lost, but the check was deposited by AWS.

*Someone elses check was credited to anothers account (which has happened to me in the past).

It doesn't hurt to be safe.
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 02-21-2003 17:00
When it comes to replies from AWS, especially concerning CWI certification,
AWS is slower than Christmas to a 5 year old kid.

Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 02-21-2003 17:29
AWS lost my eye test and cashed the check. They didn't bother to call me and ask where my eye exam was. But when I went to take the exam they said they didn't have an eye exam for me. I had to get my office to fax it to them so I could take the exam.

Better call and verify everything is in order.(hope you get an English speaking person)
John Wright
Parent - By ndtkevin (*) Date 02-21-2003 20:35
Well...here I go...getting ready to call AWS. I am taking the exam in Perrysburg Oh on the 15th of March. I'll post back if they tell me anything interesting.
Parent - - By rpoche (*) Date 02-21-2003 23:58
Call and follow up. I waited until (4) days before the test and then received a Faxed copy of the Part "B" specifications book with is used on the visual portion of the test. Part "B" is not laid out like D1.1 and there are some differences in the content between Part "B" and D1.1.
Parent - By ndtkevin (*) Date 02-22-2003 04:07
Well, I called AWS...what a chore in itself. Anyway, finally got told that confirmation packet was sent out yesterday, the 20th. That makes about 30 days. For anyone else interested, they said it goes to accounting first for about two weeks, then on to certification dept. Well, back to studying...gotta pass the $750 test---Thanks all
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI Timetable