Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Barack Hussein Obama
1 2 Previous Next  
- - By TimGary (****) Date 10-01-2008 19:08
OK, so Obama has a good chance of being the next American President...
I can't help but wonder why. What has he done to earn that privilege, and our trust?
I just don't see why he would even be in the running, much less the Democratic nominee. Is it because he's promising to bring about change? Heck, everybody does that... it's inevitable as change is the only constant thing in the universe. I know he keeps saying that he intends to make things better for the middle class and improve government regulations, but wouldn't anyone who wants to be elected say those things? The "middle class" far out numbers every other "class" combined. Getting their vote is the only way to get elected.
My gut tells me that he is a wolf in sheep's clothing, or a fast talking puppet on someone strings. I can't help but wonder just whose strings he is on.
Please consider the following email I received. I can't vouch for its accuracy. I'm not one, who believes everything I see in print, but I keep seeing things like this about Obama and it's got me worried.
Can anyone dispute it?

"To All My Friends, this is long, but every important, please take the time to read it.
This election has me very worried.  So many things to consider.  About a year ago I would have voted for Obama. I have changed my mind three times since than.  I watch all the news channels, jumping from one to another.  I must say this drives my husband crazy.  But, I feel if you view MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News, you might get some middle ground to work with. 

About six months ago, I started thinking 'where did the money come from for Obama'. 
I have four daughters, who went to College, and we were middle class, and money was tight. We (including my girls) worked hard and there were lots of student loans. I started looking into Obama's life. Around 1979 Obama started college at Occidental in California.  He is very open about his two years at Occidental; he tried all kinds of drugs and was wasting his time but, even though he had a brilliant mind, did not apply himself to his studies. 'Barry' (that was the name he used all his life) during this time had two roommates, Muhammad Hasan Chandoo and Wahid Hamid, both from Pakistan. During the summer of 1981, after his second year in college, he made a 'round the world' trip.  Stopping to see his mother in Indonesia, next Hyderabad in India, three weeks in Karachi, Pakistan where he stayed with his roommate's family, then off to Africa to visit his father's family. 

My question - Where did he get the money for this trip?  Nether I, nor any one of my children would have had money for a trip like this when they where in college.  When he came back he started school at Columbia University in New York.  It is at this time he wants everyone to call him Barack - not Barry.  Do you know what the tuition is at Columbia?  It's not cheap! to say the least.  Where did he get money for tuition?  Student Loans? Maybe. After Columbia, he went to Chicago to work as a Community Organizer for $12,000. a year.  Why Chicago?  Why not New York? He was already living in New York.  By 'chance' he met Antoin 'Tony' Rezko, born in Aleppo Syria, and a real estate developer in Chicago.  Rezko has been convicted of fraud and bribery this year.  Rezko, was named 'Entrepreneur of the Decade' by the Arab-American Business and Professional Association'.  About two years later, Obama entered Harvard Law School.  Do you have any idea what tuition is for Harvard Law School?  Where did he get the money for Law School?  More student loans?  After Law school, he went back
to Chicago. Rezko offered him a job, which he turned down. But, he did take a job with Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland. Guess what?  They represented 'Rezar' which Rezko's firm.  Rezko was one of Obama's first major financial contributors when he ran for office in Chicago.  In 2003, Rezko threw an early fundraiser for Obama which Chicago Tribune reporter David Mendelland claims was instrumental in providing Obama with 'seed money' for his U.S. Senate race. In 2005, Obama purchased a new home in Kenwoood District of Chicago for $1.65 million (less than asking price).  With ALL those Student Loans - Where did he get the money for the property?  On the same day Rezko's wife, Rita, purchased the adjoining empty lot for full price. The London Times reported that Nadhmi Auchi, an Iraqi-born Billionaire loaned Rezko $3.5 million three weeks before Obama's new home was purchased.  Obama met Nadhmi Auchi many times with Rezko. Now, we have Obama
running for President  Valerie Jarrett, was Michele Obama's boss.  She is now Obama's chief advisor and he does not make any major decisions without talking to her first.  Where was Jarrett born? Ready for this? Shiraz, Iran!  Do we see a pattern here?  Or am I going crazy? On May 10, 2008 The Times reported, Robert Malley advisor to Obama was 'sacked' after the press found out he was having regular contacts with 'Hamas', which controls Gaza and is connected with Iran.  This past week, buried in the back part of the papers, Iraqi newspapers reported that during Obama's visit to Iraq, he asked their leaders to do nothing about the war until after he is elected, and he will 'Take care of things'.  
Oh, and by the way, remember the college roommates that were born in Pakistan?  They are in charge of all those 'small' Internet campaign contribution for Obama. Where is that money coming from?  The poor and middle class in this country?  Or could it be from the Middle East?   And the final bit of news.  On September 7, 2008, The Washington Times posted a verbal slip that was made on 'This Week' with George Stephanapoulos.  Obama on talking about his religion said, 'My Muslim faith'.  When questioned, 'he made a mistake'.  Some mistake!

All of the above information I got on line.  If you would like to check it - Wikipedia, encyclopedia, Barack Obama; Tony Rezko; Valerie Jarrett: Daily Times - Obama visited Pakistan in 1981; The Washington Times - September 7, 2008; The Times May 10, 2008. Now the BIG question - If I found out all this information on my own, why haven't all of our 'intelligent' members of the press been reporting this? A phrase that keeps ringing in my ear -
'Beware of the enemy from within'!!! "

Tim
Parent - - By michael kniolek (***) Date 10-01-2008 21:25
I have always felt that his rise in the recent past, and the way Americans are trained (forced) to embrace things that are controversial.
Gay marriage make it a law!! the states could just acknowledge "life partner status " and been done with it , but no it becomes a massive issue and we are sensitized to it.
When I heard about obamma and his "Islamic" ties I was very concerned that the dems were just playing a dangerous game in politics. They think obama cant loose, cuz if they dont vote him in we'll scream racisim on so many levles.
Yet at the same time obama may have a very different adgenda.
So im at a loss when i think of how this Looser can have any political PULL when his skeletons in the closet are spillin out but no one says anything.
I feel like im taking crazy pills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MDK
Parent - By hogan (****) Date 10-01-2008 22:15
most presidents have puppet masters.
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 10-01-2008 22:53
I'm sorry, I didn't have an extra half hour to read your post.

BUT

If your are for Mcain/Palin then right on..........
Parent - - By snuffman (***) Date 10-01-2008 23:49
Ive done some research before on him and its true. I vote Mcain/Palin
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-20-2008 03:23
--- The Lie Clock

A man died and went to heaven. As he stood in front of St. Peter at the
Pearly Gates, he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him.

He asked, 'What are all those clocks?'

St. Peter answered, 'Those are Lie-Clocks. Everyone on Earth has a
Lie-Clock. Every time you lie the hands on your clock will move..'

'Oh,' said the man, 'whose clock is that?'

'That's Mother Teresa 's. The hands have never moved, indicating that she
never told a lie.'

'Incredible,' said the man. 'And whose clock is that one?'

St. Peter responded, 'That's Abraham Lincoln's clock. The hands have moved
Twice, telling us that Abe told only two lies in his entire life.'

'Where's Barrack Obama's clock?' asked the man.

'Obama's clock is in Jesus' office. He's using it as a ceiling fan.'
Parent - - By octavio morales (*) Date 10-02-2008 00:09
if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it must be a duck.
Parent - - By PipeIt (**) Date 10-02-2008 02:21
From what I have read and researched we are better off electing a gumball machine, but my mother taught me we can't believe everything we read.: )

Dam! still can't get the smiley face trick down, oh well, I is just, a green two diamond player! : )
Parent - - By snuffman (***) Date 10-02-2008 02:23
use these keys but without the spaces in between  : - )    :-)
Parent - By PipeIt (**) Date 10-02-2008 02:29
:-) cool thanx!
Parent - - By snuffman (***) Date 10-02-2008 02:35
[deleted]
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 10-02-2008 05:01
Gents; I truly don't care much for either candidate but, that said... look where we are today vs. 8 years ago.  Revert back to the Reagan era when interest rates were 18% in many cases... has the war in Iraq made the world a safer place?  What happened to the hunt for Bin Laden?  I though he was our primary objective... were WMD ever found?  Exactly what IS our foriegn policy???

It's easy to point fingers this way and that way but personally I felt the world was in a much better place under the Clinton Administration; regardless of his many, many faults.  If I recall the election rhetoric from 8 years ago, the democrats accurately predicted almost all of these economic woes under current administration?

There ya go... I'm not for either side, but also not happy with things as they are and can't bear the thoughts of another 4 years of what we've been given over the past 8 years.
Parent - - By snuffman (***) Date 10-02-2008 16:04
[deleted]
Parent - - By Bob Garner (***) Date 10-02-2008 21:03
O.K., I have to admit it.  I really, really have this thing for women that shoot moose.  And being a 'Nam vet with a lot of guilt that I survived when so many in my outfit didn't, I think our nation at least owes McCain all the benefits that presidents receive.  Hail to the Chief and Chiefette! 

Remember when Ike was always out on the course playing golf?  I so look forward to the hunting trips of V.P. Pahlin.  I'm looking forward to her takin' a "bar" (like Davy Crockett). 
Parent - By hogan (****) Date 10-02-2008 22:15
I have not said much in regards to the upcoming election. But I do have one reservation about McCain. I don't know how many of you have had friends that have gone to jail. In this field I would assume there are a few. When a person goes to jail for say 5 years, when they come out they are a different person. They mentally are not the same. This has been observed with people who have been in "tame" American jails. McCain was a POW who was repeatedly tortured for 5 years. It causes me some concern that someone who has been through this could have his finger on the button. Don't get me wrong, he is a hero. What he endure for our country is worthy of much more than what was received. I just have my concerns.
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 10-03-2008 12:44 Edited 10-03-2008 12:47
I think there is some merit to the point that things seemed better in the 90's. But let's not forget what got us there. It was the bravery of the Reagan administration in destroying the Soviet Union that made us the only super power on the planet. This allowed Clinton to bask in the glow of no global conflict. Even to the point that Clinton administration officials publicly voiced the idea that they weren't sure what to do with the military, and was exemplified by his campaign slogan "its about the economy stupid." Yes, the economy. No global worries Willy. Thank you Ronny.
As for 18% interest rates, that was early in the Reagan years and was inherited from the economic disaster that was Peanut Jimmy. Then we sunk into recession which as it was, was necessary to crush his inherited banana republicesque runaway inflation. Then we went into one of the strongest recoveries in the history of this nation. We had another economic slow down towards the end of Bush 1, a strong recovery in the 90's under Slick, a balanced budget based upon the destruction of our military where our Air Force was forced to steal parts from one jet to keep another in the air (therefore Air Forced), and economic slow down towards the end of the Willy years, and then recovery and boom under early Bush 2 until now thanks to sub prime mortgages with legistlation that begun under Willy.
All we had under Willy was little skirmishes of no real threat to this nation. That is until 911. Oh, by the way, Willy had Bin Laden on a silver platter, and whiffed. Taking him would have required bravery.
I shutter to think what would have happened if we had had one of them post vietnam closet pacifist liberals as president when the trade center was hit. We'd probably still be trying to negotiate. and we'd certianly still be arguing our case in the United Nations, with Russia's veto power still saying Nyet.
Bravery never seems to come from the left. And certainly not with this candidate. We haven't had democratic bravery since Kennedy, despite Obama's pathetic "this is our time" trying to recapture the immortality of Jack's "ich bin ein Berliner".
I would submit that if liberals wish to recapture some nastalgia for past democratic glory that they don't try to do with candidates that vote and act more like Ted than Jack (i.e. Obama, Hillary, Kerry-Good God!!!).
But then if we did get a Jackesque type democrat the extremies of the left would burn him in effigy in the primaries complaining that his hawkish foreign policy doesn't seem to make us safe. Were we safer when Roosevelt entered us into WWII? Were we safer when Kennedy confronted Kruschev in the Cuban Missile Crisis (remember the old liberal Doomsday Clock which was at its highest during this crisis)? Were we safer when Reagan decided to take the Cold War full brunt and end it? Not at first to be sure. But most certanly in the long run.
As for the hunt for Bin Laden. I dont think that its ended just because CNN chooses not to talk about it. I mean, I know Obama has been talkin tough about Afghanistan (democrats are always talking tough about other places-its the best way to pacify its doves and appear hawkish at the same time), but I doubt even he wants to talk too much about invading Pakistan. And Uh, Bush did it. Bravery. Now of course if we actually surge up in Afghanistan and CNN starts giving us the daily body count that will cause liberals to lose their hawkish Afghanistan stance.
I have to agree that I cannot bring myself to fully support either side (McCain enrages me on global warming and immigration), but this Obama character scares the livin s#&t out of me.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-03-2008 14:37
"I have to agree that I cannot bring myself to fully support either side (McCain enrages me on global warming and immigration), but this Obama character scares the livin s#&t out of me."-quote

Me too!
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 10-03-2008 14:45
js55, we seldom disagree and I appreciate that.  I voted for Ronnie and GW the 1st and a straight republican ticket before those two... mainly because that's the way my dad always voted and I have to admit I am an absolute moron when it comes to politics and "tough" issues, lol!!  My response is based only on my life experiences and so it seems to me that every single time in my lifetime, when the GOP is in office as Hail to the Chief, it is f*cked times ahead... again, that said, I am freely admitting ignorance and only speaking from personal observations over a 35 year period of voting and looking at how each has affected me personally... btw, and for what it's worth, I do completely disagree on Ronnie being responsible for the surmise of the Soviet Union... too many other elements in play at that time, including Chyrnobyl, which essentially caused the starvation of a substantial number of Soviet cirizens...  okay, a shallow response but none the less, spoken from the heart.  I think I'm gonna vote for Borat, my new found countryman!!!
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 10-03-2008 15:00
I think we seldom disagree because we spend most of our time talking about work stuff and we're both a couple of code heads, so its all right there in black and white. :)
As far as politics, I'm guessing even though you and I may have some disagreement here, it may still be less disagreement than I have with my wife. :)
She just won't listen to reason.  Shshshshsh. Don't tell her I said that. :)
Parent - - By vagabond (***) Date 10-03-2008 15:14
Check out both websites on the issue of health care reform alone.  Yobama devotes 2 paragraphs to his plan for our healthcare while on McCains there is about 5 pages.  I wonder about someone spending 5 years in a POW camp also but what about someone spending a lifetime as a muslim???  I haven't really wrestled much with who is going to get my vote,  there are some things I don't like about John McCain but they pale in comparison to what I dislike about Yobama.
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 10-03-2008 15:42
I have a little trouble buying into the mathematics of the whole healthcare scam.
Lets see, we have a whole lotta folks don't have health care so the guvmints says they'll solve the problem and give everyone health care and it will cost us less than it does now.
Now I just don't see how it will cost us less when the guvmints is without question or debate profoundly more innefficient than any private competitive industry insurance companies, even with an army of lobbyists.
And add to that the old pie in the sky 'we'll cover everybody' means the taxpayer will now not only have to pay for his own insurance but everyone else who can't afford to pay.
Add to this the populist argument that the poor deserve the same health care as the rich. Sounds great on the surface. And anyone with a heart would have to, in spirit, agree. But I pertneer garantee that any attempt to provide for everyone what the rich can afford will make this current bail out look like the change you find in toddlers piggy bank.
We just have to get it through our thick skulls that there ain't no free lunch, there ain't no utopia, and there won't be no government if we insist on trying to give to the poor everything the rich have.
I gotta better idea. Get the government the hell out of the way so more of us can actually become rich.
Parent - - By uphill (***) Date 10-06-2008 17:38
Not to be a party pointer but the econony has slid fast ever since the dem took over congress and the house. The 8 year election is most likely as much to blame for the state of the economy, lets face it GW has been bashed ever since he beat whats his name, was on the forefront of yelling about Fan and Freddy
since 2003. Nafta and the Nafta highway are going to do so much to ruin tha American life that I couldnt write that much.
Give me someone who will uphold the laws and the constitution, deport Illegals and make them apply to come here like most of our great grandparents had to.
I am not sure about Mc Cain but there is no doubt about the other choice, 145 days of experiance isnt enough to be a manager at Burger King.
It would be a glorious world if there was no war but the only way that will ever happen is if there were no people.
Parent - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 10-06-2008 17:46
TRUE.....................
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 10-03-2008 15:52
I have been very reluctant to say anything about the various politicians that we have to choose from. I have looked at some of the views and past history of the potential leaders we have. Morals and ethics are more important to me than how rich or powerful our country is. Thats just how I am now.

I want my children to grow up with the same freedoms that I have had. I want them to grow up in a country where being a "Christian" is something to be proud of. They can be proud to have a job and not glory in what they got free from the gov. , they can pronounce by their life that men and women were meant to be married and not any other perverted combination, that we are all responsible for our actions, that our country though it welcomes people from other countries, requires them to follow the laws just like we do.

The country was founded on principals that recognized a Creator. The founding fathers had clear ideas of what was right and wrong and they were not driven by the media as to what their stand should be. We live in a country in which the supreme court rules that the Ten Commandments are BAD and being a queer is something to be proud of and profess on government property. Maybe that won't change but I don't want it to get worse!

Obama is a slick talker and may be a fine man but from what I see I wouldn't want him to be the principal at ANY school my children were going to.

The boilermakers are NUTS for supporting this man in my opinion. My job is NOT that important.  My non working dues are $40.00 a month. They are late. They very well may be later. The reason unions are losing work is more internal than external in my opinion. Organized labor is misiing some things. There is PLENT of those willing to organize but those willing to "LABOR" may be getting fewer.

Maybe there should be a "United States Brotherhood of Boilermakers" that has some interest in what is best for this country.

The above is my opinion and may be based on some views that cannot be obtained by reading what the current media says. I may very well be unlearned in political issues but figured I would share my sentiment.
Parent - By vagabond (***) Date 10-03-2008 16:07
The unfortunate reality is that unions will always back a democrat.  I am ashamed that the UA (fitters) which is my union, supports Yobama.  As for forming a union I have always wondered what would happen if the welders all united together and formed an employee owned organization???  My bet is we'd put the fitters, boilermakers, and ironworkers out of business in 10 yrs.  Whoever has the welders controls the work and wages it's just that simple. . . . .
Parent - - By NEQA (**) Date 10-06-2008 12:18
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-06-2008 12:24 Edited 10-06-2008 15:00
Lets take a closer look at Obama and his connections.....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=usvG-s_Ssb0

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UVVVzEKauzY

edit: repaired links to vids.
Parent - - By michael kniolek (***) Date 10-07-2008 00:24
I cannot believe that America is so stupid there is video proof of what went down and they cant see it!!!!!!!!!
The media should be all over this with so much proof its a no brainier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess at least 1/2 this country is Lazy, uneducated, and lead around like dogs.
the world is spinning out of control and we as Americans should cherish our freedom, but we are going to loose it due to political correctness and ignorance!!!!!!
MDK
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-07-2008 12:15
There are plenty of facts...but people can't stand to watch it or read if it takes more than 90 seconds to scan over it.
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 10-06-2008 14:22
NEQA,

Please note the published date (9/30/99) of this article and read the 3rd paragraph closely.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0DE7DB153EF933A0575AC0A96F958260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=1
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 10-06-2008 18:16
That sir is a fine example of doing your own homework. Thanks for the link.
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 10-07-2008 04:40
Balderdash I say!

Look beyond the end of some Else's nose that some else is pointing at. No single person is responsible, Every one was in on it. They were getting all they could while they could. For a few years "Flip that house" was a major industry. Good grief, how many times can a house be bought and sold to just make a profit? What is the real value of it?

Some one yelled "GOLD" and every one grabbed a shovel and came running. So instead of buying a place to live people bought places to renovate and turn over a profit.

The poor working folks that just wanted a roof over their heads didn't(don't) have chance. If a person buys up used cars and fixes them up for resale he is required to meet some stringent regulation even get a Dealers Licenses. Not a home owner because officially he/she is not in the real estate business.

It matters not what ever any one does to better them self there are a few hundred figuring an angle to turn a buck. When Unions were formed they had a greatly needed purpose, problem is they were successful and so every one wanted a piece of the action.

While every one is running around bashing their favorite scape goats the real thieves down on Wall street were playing Monopoly with our lives and making up new words to call business deals (SWAP in place of Insurance) to avoid Gov regulation and lying Through there teeth about their liquidity ("Creative financing"). The failed mortgages are only the tip of the ice berg, the under handed dealings done to make them happen amounts to a hell of a lot more than the mortgage crisis.

Does anyone here own stock in a company? Do you expect that company to grow and pay you a dividend for you're investment? Would you keep a CEO (if you had a say in it) that does not grow the company and make a profit for your shares?

Think about how things come about and if any one person could have prevented it. Hell, what about Alan Greenspan? How long after he left did all this start to come tumbling down? Not saying it was his doing but when he was in power every one lauded him with praise about how strong our economy was.

My apologies for the rant but this is like Whale watching tour I went on several years ago. When a Whale was spotted every one ran to one side of the boat and just darn near capsized it. Some folks against the side rail got crushed and injured.

We are all just people and we all do Dumb or Stupid things, like electing one of our present options in to office while some of the better choices got left behind. How did that happen?
Parent - - By NEQA (**) Date 10-07-2008 19:26
Hi Tim:

Yes, no one deny's there was pressure to encourage loans - but, geez. Clinton left office 7.5 years ago !!!!!!! Of those 7.5 years, repubs. held the house, senate and WH for 6 of them.  Do you remember the Keating 5 - when S & L's needed a bailout? Where was the indignation?
Parent - By TimGary (****) Date 10-07-2008 20:04 Edited 10-07-2008 20:20
Hello NEQA,

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E06E3D6123BF932A2575AC0A9659C8B63

Please, again, pay special attention to the article published date (9/11/03) and the last three paragraphs of this article.

Here's some more educational reading for you...
Sorry about the small print, I know it's hard to read but this website made me shrink the pic twice before it would upload...

Tim
Attachment: donkeyarticle.bmp (587k)
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 10-12-2008 17:40 Edited 10-13-2008 11:40
Thats the problem with what happens in Washington. Most often it takes years for it to filter down to reality. What clinton did in the early years of his presidency, has filtered down to todays reality. What amazes me is that so few people realize this. By the time the real culprits are long gone, the problem gets blamed on the target sitting in the chair at the time.

NEQA I would suggest you take off those blue colored glasses and look at reality for what it is. a) the dems set the current crisis in motion in the early 90's. b) the S&L scandal was peanuts compared to whats going on now, c) NAFTA has sold our jobs to Mexico and beyond. d) the current financial crisis is world wide, there is more to this than the media is letting on. The same morgage crisis is being witnessed world wide in every country that had organizations and or laws reflective of fannie mae/freddy mac and their purpose. Why is none of the press focusing on that simply obvious fact??? e) Every politician dem and rep alike was scared S***less to vote on any of this. why? could it be they have skeletons to polish up for review?
f) Why are the mass media organizations so apparently polarized to one side or the other?

There is more behind the scenes than most realize or even think about. So go ahead and parrot what you wish, the bottom line is ALL of them are lieing to us. There is NO one guilt free party, and there will be no change regardless of who gets elected to what office as long as Large media organizations are allowed to orchestrate dog and pony shows in support of whomever their respective CEO's want elected, and big business is allowed to support whomever they wish. YOU want the truth? follow the money trail, not the parrot droppings.
Parent - By TimGary (****) Date 10-12-2008 18:46
well said
Parent - - By 522029 (***) Date 10-13-2008 00:02
Seven & a half years!

George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years.  The first six the economy was fine.

A little over a year and a half ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2-1/2 year high;

2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;

3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

4) The DOW JONES hit a record high -- 14,000+

5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises and vacations

overseas, living large!

But American's wanted 'CHANGE'!   So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic

Congress & yep -- we got 'CHANGE' all right!

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted;

2) Gasoline is now over $4.00 a gallon & climbing;

3) Unemployment is up to 6.1%

4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 trillion dollars &

prices are still dropping;

5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

6) THE DOW is probing another low ~11,000-- $2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS

EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT
    PORTFOLIOS!

YEP, IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE! AND WE GOT IT! A DEMOCRATIC

CONGRESS, NANCY PELOSI. HARRY REID.

Now the Democrats' candidate for president -- and the polls say he's

gonna be 'the man' -- claims he's gonna really give us change! Just how

much more 'change' do you think you can stand?

Have a very nice day.

Parent - By ctacker (****) Date 10-13-2008 00:24

>THE DOW is probing another low ~11,000-- $2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS

>EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT
>PORTFOLIOS!

didn't the dow hit 8500 this week, along with 8 trillion dollars lost. I know for a fact I lost 1/3 of my retirement. Maybe Obama feels guilty and wants to give us a tax break While chasing more big business away.  none of it will replace what we lost!
Parent - - By NEQA (**) Date 10-13-2008 21:47
Just 22 more days until the election - and then we can start to get rid of the Bushies, McBush, and his ignorant supporters. See that woman who said she couldn't support Obama because he is an Arab? Ignorance is dangerous.

McBush supporters tend to be the less educated, lower income whites. 
Parent - By mountainman (***) Date 10-13-2008 22:13
do you mean lower income americans?
Parent - - By hogan (****) Date 10-13-2008 22:16
Is that dam whitey at it again
Parent - By mountainman (***) Date 10-13-2008 22:20
lol, time to go round-up the dogs
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-13-2008 22:41
Oh goody, I can't wait to have a president who may not even be a natural born citizen!!!! And who are we to think that he should prove that he is?? Shouldn't we just take his word for it? Come on now!!!!

jrw159
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 10-13-2008 22:46
This is a copy from another post:
"I am sure there is a boat load of paperwork that has to be filed with the Feds before you can be even considered a candidate.  Apparently there is a large number of either Republicans, conservatives, Obama-haters, McCain-lovers, rascists, paranoid-schizophrenics or any combination of the above groups on this forum.  You all should have a little more faith in the American system.   I am sure that if Obama's nationality was suspect that there would have been something "done about it" before now regardless of the "corrupt liberal media's involvement in this left-wing conspiracy" to bring about the destruction of the American way of life."

LOL
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-13-2008 22:53
Yeah, I saw that. Anybody who pays any attention know, money can work wonders and open doors, and who you know can make a big differance.

Now, Lets look at this realistically. He has been called out, and I think it is a lagitamate concern, about his nationality. What is so hard about submitting the document???? Wouldn't that make him that much better for doing so?? I think so. His refusal, IMHO, is an admission of guilt.

jrw159
Parent - By 522029 (***) Date 10-13-2008 23:16
I know of noone questioning his   NATIONALITY..    It is most everything else!

Griff
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 10-13-2008 23:01
Hey NEQA, speaking of ignorant supporters did you see the clip of Obama supporter Sandra Bernhard (actor/comedian) saying that if Sarah Palin came to Manhattan that her big black brothers would gang rape her? Liberals sure are nice..........if you are like them.
Parent - By 522029 (***) Date 10-13-2008 23:33
That would be the kind, caring, compassionate,  liberal Democrat way of showing their love.

Griff
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 10-14-2008 00:44
The only way that skank can get any attention is to say somjething stupid.  She is and never has been a good comedienne or actress.  She is as typical of an Obama support as is Rev. Hagee is of McBush, oops McCain.
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 10-14-2008 02:34
Bryon, what do you know about Rev. Hagee? I've heard many of his sermons on TV (cable) and have never heard him come close to Wright & Farrakhan.

Remember, the Bible has controversial passages in it and often the interpretation of scripture and prophecy will be controversial depending on your religious (or lack thereof) views.

If you can honestly compare him to Jeremiah or Louis than I'm afraid you are too far gone to reach.

If Hagee is the best you got you should throw in the towel now :)

One thing we agree on is your discription of Bernhard.

How about Madonna and her concert tours putting a picture of McCain up and then a picture of Hitler. Good stuff!!
Or Madonna saying "Welcome to my party...know who's not welcome to my party? Sarah F****** Palin. More good stuff!

There are many more from the kind hearted intelligent Obama supporters.

I must pace myself.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Barack Hussein Obama
1 2 Previous Next