Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Where to get hinges & latches? Any good LWS in DFW?
- - By phaux (***) Date 10-11-2008 12:27
Beginning to put together a flatbed and was wondering where everyone ordered their hinge and latches from? I've seen some hinges on Ebay but no latches.

Also, does anyone know of any good welding shops in the Dallas Fort Worth area? They mostly seem to be only places like tri-gas or air gas and majority of them don't seem to carry things such as pancake hoods, jack stands or other things for rigging out. One or two of the LWS might have one or two things I'm looking for but I haven't found a LWS that I was really impressed with except in Carthage which is a bit of a drive for me.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 10-11-2008 12:31
Try Metroplex Welding Supply
Parent - By JeremyW83 (***) Date 10-11-2008 12:59
You might also try Welders Warehouse in Dallas.  They don't carry everything but they do have a lot of pipe specific stuff.  They're on Irving Blvd Ithink past Mackingbird or right before. 
Parent - - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 10-11-2008 12:58
www.rednecktrailersupply.com and quality trailer
Parent - - By phaux (***) Date 10-11-2008 13:17
When I tried that address it simply brought up an ad to other websites. I did find this though if it's the same: http://redneck-trailer.com/
Parent - By JohnJohn (**) Date 10-11-2008 14:24
Norton Metals has gate hinges. Redneck is in Arlington off of 157 south and Peyco Drive. Cleburne Welding Supply has everything you need to rig out. A place in Grand Prairie called Industrial Ladder(has webpage) has Sumner fold up pipe stands delivered to your door for about $65/each. Metroplex also has good stuff, especially the one in Burleson. I use Airgas mainly because they give me a very good discount, but they have to order some stuff.

JohnJohn
Parent - - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 10-11-2008 14:46
that is it. phaux. i can get the latches and hinges at cost. t-handle or spring latch
Parent - - By The Ruffian (**) Date 10-24-2008 03:34
Go to Cleburne Welding Supply, they've got it all. Go to Norton Metals for your latches and hinges!
Parent - By phaux (***) Date 10-24-2008 05:57
Ya, I hit up Cleburne. Place was great, I was like a fat kid in a candy store.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Where to get hinges & latches? Any good LWS in DFW?