Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / connection plate punching fixture
- - By aevald (*****) Date 10-22-2008 00:13
Hi everyone, it's me again with an extension of some of the punch fixturing that can be used for punching connecting plates and angle iron connectors as well. I have not, however, included any photos with angle iron being used, yet it can easily be done with this same set-up. Once again, this will only work for situations where the parts are squarely cut and properly sized. You need to start out with the first hole on the part center-punched where it would be located, this would include the proper gage and end distance. The spacers are used to space the holes on their correct center-to-center spacing. In this particular case the first hole is located 1 1/2" from the end of the part and the gage is 1 1/2" in from the edge. The rest of the hole spacings are accomplished through using the removable 2" gage spacers and the guide bar. Hope it all makes sense and can be of some use to some of you out there. I would also love to see any variations of these sorts of set-ups for those of you out there who have used alternative methods. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 10-22-2008 02:59
Allan, that looks like a good method to Me.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / connection plate punching fixture