Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / rig work(gtaw/smaw)
- - By rigwelder8201 (*) Date 06-11-2008 22:17
Looking for work with my rig. Over 12 year welding exp. with gtaw and smaw welding. Mostly single hand exp. started working my truck at the start of the year. The company i was with talked about more work but handed out our walking paper instead. Thats been a month now with no improvement of a job with them so i'm looking for a combo rig job in the midwest area, any help would be great, I have call just about every company i can think of, with little to no answer back. Test for a pipeline job but was told my cap was "i little to wide" and "cann't hire you because you don't have a remote" from another company. 2008 has been a bad year for me, thinking for give my dream up. thanks for reading this and hope to hear from anyone.
Parent - - By okiewelder2 (**) Date 06-11-2008 22:22
buying a remote for your machine would be a small investment if you can go to work. also where are u located
Parent - - By rigwelder8201 (*) Date 06-11-2008 23:30
northern nebraska area. When i got home i order on right away but still drive all that way test, pass the weld test and then to be told sorry cann't hire you because of that. I've heard of thing like that but always thought it was a joke. I guess the joke was on me that day.
Parent - - By okiewelder2 (**) Date 06-12-2008 01:39
yea it kinda seems like they didnt need any welders that bad if u passed the test and that was the only reason they wouldnt hire u
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 06-12-2008 03:56
I agree, If they needed a welder they would have said " You are hired, but You will have to GET a remote".
Parent - - By okiewelder2 (**) Date 06-12-2008 01:40
also did u notice the post 4 rig welders in texas
Parent - - By rigwelder8201 (*) Date 06-12-2008 03:41
Ya it was but thats the way the ball rolls. Ya just read the post, trying to stay up north. With the price of fuel to drive on hope can add up.
Parent - - By okiewelder2 (**) Date 06-12-2008 21:05
i drove 1500 miles for a job and the deal fell through when i got there and i had no idea what to do so i called a friend and after another 140 miles i ended up working at that place for 14 months, the point is if something doesnt work out something else will come along. and i agree about the cost of fuel but my machine wont fit in a kia.
Parent - - By texwelder (***) Date 06-12-2008 21:42
Ain't that the truth, if a man wants to work, work will come to him.   A another welder once told me " There ain't nothing wrong with a man being poor, but there is something wrong with a man staying poor."  You do what you gotta do
Parent - - By rigwelder8201 (*) Date 06-13-2008 03:11
True so very true. Was just looking for info on what was going on the the upper midwest area's before going south for work.
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 06-13-2008 03:19
I dont know man I"m from central texas around buffalo and franklin area the gas well industry is in a full out boom around here.
Parent - - By rigwelder8201 (*) Date 10-28-2008 15:48
Anything new in the upper midwest. Been working single hand by the house, would like to get my rig back to work.(its not a very good lawn display) Its been 5 month just wanted to give this a bump to see. thanks
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 10-28-2008 18:01
Rig work is slowing down, hell everything is slowing down. Hate to be a drag, but now is not the best time to go out on your own.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / rig work(gtaw/smaw)