Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Simple rollers
- - By Sberry (***) Date 11-08-2008 18:16
I whip these up, if I had to do it over again I would modify the design a bit.
Attachment: piperollers.JPG (25k)
Attachment: pipewrechholder2.JPG (23k)
Attachment: pipewrhold.JPG (53k)
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 11-08-2008 22:13
What would be the application for the pipe wrench holder? Seriously, it looks cool, I just wondered where & under what circumstances you would set it up like that.

Thanks. S.W.
Parent - - By Sberry (***) Date 11-08-2008 22:28
I used it to take a big hyd cyl apart a while back and even used it on occasion in the oil patch for screwed piping work, similar to a pipe vise.
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 11-08-2008 23:56
That's kind of what I thought. Great idea! S.W.
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 11-09-2008 02:11
Hello Sberry, look like some real handy items. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 11-09-2008 13:29
Sberry,
  Nice simple design on the rollers. The pipewrench holder is pretty cool. I can think back to my oilfield days and remember MANY times that would have come in handy breaking down sandpumps and the likes. :-)

jrw159
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 11-09-2008 16:01
Need is the mother of invention.

Caution - Genius at work!

That is meant as a compliment!

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 11-09-2008 19:36
I will second that Al!!

jrw159 :-)
Parent - - By Bob Garner (***) Date 11-10-2008 17:33
I like the pipe rollers.  What are the rollers made out of?  I always need somethink like that for sliding gates and similar.  I saw once where a guy use an automotive v-belt idler pulley as a roller for a sliding gate.  The sliding gate rail fit into the v-belt groove in the pulley.  He used the idler with the bearngs and all.

Bob Garner
Parent - - By Sberry (***) Date 11-10-2008 18:58
They were some steel rollers with a pipe bushing that I had left from a demo project. I set them up on the benches when I have alum piping mainly, I have about 5 miles, maybe more in 30 ft sections, they get damaged from time to time or I change end styles on some.
Parent - By andrewsullivan9 (*) Date 11-13-2008 20:00
Nice simple solution for working with pipework, i have a set of rollers which i made for welding pipework at home similar to yours only i have 1 castor fixed and the other bolted and rotateable so that it can be turned round to handle different sizes of pipe, if you weld a small plate next to a roller and then thread a hole through it and have a small length of threaded bar through it with a handle on it it will act like a brake and stop the pipe from turning when you dont want it to
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Simple rollers