Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Coyote season on Sourdoughs ranch
- - By Sourdough (****) Date 11-13-2008 19:18
Come one, come all! Kill, kill, kill the coyotes. I am a day late and dollar short every time they get my fowl.....................

If I could snare or leg hold trap em, they would be extinct here on the ranch. But you know I live in a liberal, (pu**y), state.
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 11-13-2008 19:35
You gotta try the shooting game Shad sent me. You'll love it!! I'll email it to you if you want.

I would use an SKS or AK rifle if you have one. You can plug off quite a few rounds & have excellent accuracy! :-)

Shooting those are fun no matter the targets!! :-) S.W.
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 11-13-2008 23:25
Got plenty of guns, but the days are short now and I can't be here when they come. They are human smart, and that doesn't help. Wish I still had my pitbull.
Parent - By mountainman (***) Date 11-13-2008 19:47
use a bow if you want to keep things quiet.... that's what i do when the stray cats come around my place, half the time i'll shoot the bastards right out of my second story windows!
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 11-13-2008 19:50
SD,
  Wish I was up there, I would come help on a weekend. LOL I love calling them in. How is the prarie dog population there? Down where I lived in Southeast CO, they are all over, and one can make a day out of it.

jrw159
Parent - By Bob Garner (***) Date 11-13-2008 22:04
Please send your excess Coyotes to us in Sandy Eggo.  We used to have a lot of them here but development forced them out of our neighborhoods.  Now we have thousands and thousands of wild rabbits.  Killing a coyote is to me a heinous crime - not because I'm in love with them but because the lack of them has us all out of wack nature-wise.

ps.: we can't shoot rabbits in the city so that won't help.

pps.:  I did see a female coyote in the canyon behind our house a couple weeks ago.  She was young and had a beautiful coat.  She seemed very healthy.  Eatin' lots of bunnies I hope.  Ah, nature!

Bob Garner
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 11-13-2008 23:25
No picket pins on the mesa here, Jon. Wish there were, then I would actually be shooting something!
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 11-14-2008 02:32
tie your dogs up and put out some antifreeze it is sweet to dogs and the like they cant get enough of it and then they run off to die
Parent - - By Sharp Tungsten (**) Date 11-13-2008 23:41
Take some biscuits and mix them with blue marlin fly bait powder. Leave them near garbage or other food source and you will have some sick and dead puppies. Make sure no other untargeted animals are around this stuff is wicked. Illegal probably in your state also but wicked and very hard to detect compared to traps. But snares are hard to detect by the unwanted green men also.
Parent - By MDG Custom Weld (***) Date 11-14-2008 14:37
The fly bait powder or liquid is the absolute best way to rid yourself of unwanted pests.  We use it to control woodchucks, skunks, coons, coyote, and opossum around the barn yard.  We use a slightly different delivery than you have mentioned.  We put it in an old bowl with a half can of Coke and stir it up.  These scavengers will lap it up since its sooo sweet, and the rotten bast***s won't even make it 20 feet before they flop over.  When you find a whole litter of chucks, put this stuff out and the next day you'll have 10 of them in a big circle around the bowl. 

Word of caution:  If you have cats, dogs, kids, or any other living creature in the target area, DO NOT USE THIS STUFF!!!! 

I'm sure it's not legal and the feds are tapping my phone as I type this, just as PETA is staging a demonstration outside my home. 
Oh well, I'll send you messages from the big house.
Parent - - By ryan gaspard (**) Date 11-13-2008 23:59
the way we catch them is get a pc. of 8 in or 6 in pvc pipe about 4 or 5 feet long dig a hole at about a 30 degree angle put the pipe flush with the ground or slightly below the ground, place a pc. of meat in the bottom of the pipe. when the coyote goes in to get the meat it can not turn around in the pipe and the pipe is to slick on the inside for it to back out. it works here down on the river in central la. bring your pistol and put one bullet in the back of the head. hope this helps you, we have the same problem with them down here, can't raise chicken's or duck's for the coyotes
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-14-2008 05:30
That is pretty slick. If something You didn't want to kill got in You could let it go.
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 11-14-2008 15:25
Yeah, that's more like it. Even though I live in the country, there are plenty of pets running around. Don't want to kill Fido.
Parent - - By Revjsnizzle (**) Date 11-14-2008 19:58
tried to curb the cat population in my neighborhood once, with a snare in a willow tree.  Ended up with the neighbors cat getting the slip knot around his neck.....not a pretty sight.
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 11-15-2008 01:27
Not good........
Parent - - By rig welder6 (**) Date 11-17-2008 01:10
u still around rifle, if u need help i got lots o shells and love to pred hunt
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 11-19-2008 15:10
Yeah, still around Rifle. Bring some beer........
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-15-2008 05:44
If somebody snared MY cat, THEY would have to eat a lot of mice for the next 10 years.
Parent - - By 357max (***) Date 11-20-2008 17:24
If we can get the fellow in the picture problem solved.
Attachment: govthunterpic01612.jpg (0B)
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 11-20-2008 18:08
SOB.  That dude is the "Great White Hunter".  They must be extinct or at least endangered. LOL
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 11-20-2008 18:14
Old fashioned barn insulation job............
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 11-20-2008 18:37
hehehe
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 11-20-2008 21:02
LOL, notice he has a rifle and not a boomerang. :-)
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 11-20-2008 21:16
Oh John, why'd you have to go there? LOL
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 11-20-2008 21:20
You should have known that was coming. LOL

Just giving you a hard time buddy. :-)
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 11-20-2008 19:47
357max, now that is some serious "VARMINT" hunting!!! WOW Best regards, Allan
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Coyote season on Sourdoughs ranch