Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Christmas Music!
- - By 1mancrew (**) Date 12-04-2008 23:29
So tell me something, somebody please!! Why do these FM stations ALL start playing Christmas music the day after thanksgiving? And nothing but Christmans music!!! Can't we just wait until hmm, I don't know, SOMETIME CLOSE TO CHRISTMAS!!! A WEEK OR TWO PRIOR PERHAPS!! REALLY!?!?!? THE SAME 10 SONGS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR A MONTH!!!! WHERE'S THE G^% D@##$% ACLU WHEN I FINALLY FIND A USE FOR THEM?!?!

I really don't want to sound too much like a Scrooge here but by the time Christmas actually gets here I am so burned out that when somebody plays "Jingle Bells" I want to gouge out my ear-drums with a rusty screw driver. ENOUGH A G D READY!!

Thanks! I feel better now! I can't possibly be alone in this. Let me know.

GH Weidman
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 12-04-2008 23:40
There is a station here in Kansas City that started that sh** November 1.  I like some Christmas songs, I'm not a fan of the secular Holiday crap that is pushed out on radio.  Christmas had been lost in secular society.  When people go ape sh** shopping and crushing WalMart employees.  That goes to show us the the Christ in Christmas is pretty much lost. 

G D reindeer don't live in Bethlehem.
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 12-05-2008 04:11
Yep like corner monkey grinder music box the same ole grind gets old huh ? :)

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/7268/spreadwealth1xg8.jpg
Parent - By fbrieden (***) Date 12-05-2008 13:38
I prefer a philips screwdriver! What's your choice?
Parent - - By OBEWAN (***) Date 12-05-2008 13:56
I don't get too upset about it because I don't listen to the radio or go to the stores this time of year.

At work, I have my own private music collection on my computer, and I start listening on Dec 1st - only because that is also when the good Christmas potluck food starts coming into the office.  Who can say bah humbug to good food?  We have 24 days straight of hordourves and desserts!

As for my music, I can turn it off when I want to, so I don't go for 8hrs straight.  Also, I have really good stuff like Music Masters Jazz Christmas, Celtic Christmas, and Trans Siberian Orchestra Rock Christmas - NOT the sappy Muzak stuff the stores and radio plays.
Parent - - By bozaktwo1 (***) Date 12-05-2008 18:23
I think I am taking my wife to that trans siberia show.  Sounds pretty good.

Some time in the 50s a bunch of marketing execs figured out that a certain holiday could equal huge money.  So they went forth and gave us things like Black Friday and Frosty the Snowman (TM).  It just keeps growing.  I actually used to enjoy going out to the mall ONCE right before the day, do all my shopping in one place, have a soft pretzel as a reward for surviving the event, then forgetting all about for 364 days. Now I hate the mall; I hate watching television after October 31st; I hate getting the Sunday paper; I dread the crowds on the road everywhere you want to go due to the urban sprawl surrounding almost every city. 

Gawd, I sound like an old troll!
Parent - - By OBEWAN (***) Date 12-05-2008 20:39
I have never seen the Trans Siberia show except on TV.  Actually, the music is a little toward heavy metal. I prefer Manheim Steam Roller.  I have seen their Christmas show.  It was awesome and had lots of video special effects like shots of the Earth taken from the space shuttle.  Not sure what that has to do with Christmas, but there must have been some hidden message.
Parent - - By hogan (****) Date 12-05-2008 20:59
One of the best Christmas light shows I've seen, when I was much younger, was the nutcracker while on a Timothy Leary type experience
Parent - - By swnorris (****) Date 12-09-2008 17:15
I heard that Timothy Leary's ashes had a $4,000,000 street value.
Parent - By hogan (****) Date 12-09-2008 18:11
I seem to remember that his ashes were sent into space. But for some reason my memory is not what it use to be.
Parent - By HgTX (***) Date 12-30-2008 20:49
I spent the first 3 weeks of December in Italy.  No shortage of crappy American Xmas music there either.  I was hoping for crappy Italian xmas music, but no dice.  The American cultural takeover of the world is well on its way and I can't say I'm particularly thrilled about it.

And then I come back here and my co-worker was still listening to Xmas music YESTERDAY--the 29th!

Apparently some people actually do like this crap.

Hg
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Christmas Music!