Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / WHERE'S RAFTERGWELDING (SHAD)
- - By 52lincoln (***) Date 04-02-2008 04:25
what happened to shad.ive talked to him on here and on the phone a bunch.vanished i guess ive left him several msgs ,still nothing
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 04-02-2008 10:49
No no nothing....but dammit if anyone has to many irons in the fire its him!  Pray for him and wait.
Parent - By RioCampo (***) Date 04-08-2008 02:55
I got a machine awhile back from him and he was working a shutdown not from from home. Remember also Ryder is real sick.
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 04-17-2008 08:50
Hello 52lincoln and everyone else, I PM'd Shad the other day and he responded back last night. He's gotten real sick himself and been in the hospital. So I suppose you could say that he has been double whammied. To use Henry's phrase, I told him that I'd be P.U.S.H.ing for him, I hope everyone else will join in and do so for him as well as his son Ryder and the rest of his family. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 04-17-2008 13:04
That's a big "Ten - four!!!"

Btw, thanks for the update Allan. ;)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By 52lincoln (***) Date 04-17-2008 22:07
yea man i talked to him the other day he told me  what was going on.sounds like a bad deal.i forgot to ask him about ryder though.when it rains it poors.it always to good people  seems like you know it.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 04-18-2008 02:04
I thought I saw a posting from Shad yesterday, I may have read it wrong. I hope He gets better Himself, and as usual wish the best possible outcome for Ryder.
Parent - By 52lincoln (***) Date 04-18-2008 05:21
yea he replied to a post.it was about the rod bucket on ebay
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 04-21-2008 21:25
hey yall i'm alive and breathing sitting in this hospital bed waiting to get these wound vacs off. I had a boil on the outside of my left knee it was ready pop i left it for my daughter to pop well the next day at work i tripped walking up sum stairs and popped it a couple days went by and i came down with sumthin but blew it off cause i felt ok then 2 days later it hit me again i left work early missed 2 more days my mom came by to help me (wife was with ryder in hospital) and saw my leg and took me to the hospialtal 1 day and 1/2 later they ship me to s a and i been here every since i am at brooks army medical center in san antone icontracted som ekind of flesh eating disease almost lost my left leg it aint been fun actually painful i'm gonna loose itall but i'm alive i got it once i'll get again right hell yes i'll get it again 3 times folded thank yall fro you concerns and if ya get bored drop me a ring on my cell phone i have it with me if i dont answer leave a message i'll call ya back as for Ryder he is doing fine the tumor has shrank donw to 2 spots the size of a anickle again and the stronger chemo is working with very few side effects he just got home yesterday from the hospital poor lil guy prolly think s i run off n left him now theres no1 in his corner to keep pushing him to fight this thingi need outta here
Parent - By waynekoe (**) Date 04-22-2008 01:07
Take care man, and, good luck. Hope it works out well for your boy as well.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 04-22-2008 03:32
Shad, is it MRSA staph? one of My buddies had an experience with that last summer, at first it was mis-diagnosed as a brown recluse spider bite. Not a fun thing to deal with. Hang in there, and good luck to You and Ryder.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 04-22-2008 22:05
all i know is it's mean and nasiy and i almost died i'm getting better everyday cant wait to get home and be with my family thanks for the replys guys i'll check them daily and reply when i can tomorow i have another surgery so prolly wont see me tomorow good to see i still got my buds in my corner
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 04-22-2008 05:50
Hello Shad, you're not off the radar yet. Good to see your post on here even if it isn't particularly good news for you. You just stay with it and get yourself healthy, I, like everyone else here, is pulling for you and yours.               
Oh, by the way, make sure you get plenty of those great hospital vittles, Oops, did I say that. Just trying to lighten things up a bit, seriously, take care of yourself and get well soon. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 04-27-2008 01:35
the food here is shipped from outerspace i think but i am on a army base so it's prolly wrapped in foil and preheated but i'm gettin better everyday go in for surgery on monday maybe theyll leave the wound vacs off and i can start walking i get walking againg i'm rigging out my truck and hitting the road for anything i can find i dont care if it's building fencei already lost my house next is the truck not crying on anyones shoulder or even looking for a hand out just want a j o b i'll never roll without medical insurance againg thans for you supportand prayers they are welcomed more than you will ever know thank you my friend
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 04-27-2008 02:06
Hello Shad, thanks for replying. You are an amazing man! Most folks would have given up and thrown their hands in the air, you need to give yourself and any of those standing by you a lot of credit for your never say quit attitude. I do believe that you will come around from all of this in fine style and get back to living a great life.
     I too believe that possessions come and go, but our spirit and love for our family can never be taken away, your actions are an illustration and example of this. So keep your head up friend and know that there are many close and far that are pulling for you and Ryder in thought and prayer. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By tnhnt (***) Date 05-03-2008 05:37
Hang in there Shad keep your chin up and don't give up. The man up stairs will not give you more than you can handle so stay strong and keep us updated as often as you can!!!
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-11-2008 16:17
Hey guys ran across this by accident and it still amazes me of the supporters i have. So i'll giev ya an update, I have been back at work for the last couple weeks and getting along slower than before but i'm still up and kicking took and passed a weld test after all the hell i'd been thru and the length of time it has been. I'll be honest and say i was given a few days to practice up and it helped. I am home for now waiting for the rig to be moved to La. then back on the road til it is in the ground. I am back up and running just like i said i would be alot have said you cant keep a good man down i dont know about being good i'm just harde headed and dont take no or you'll never do that again or you cant do that very lightly if only the docs could see me now lol i can honestly say. I TOLD YOU SO 
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 12-11-2008 19:01
We never doubted you.  Congrats!
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-12-2008 01:08
Thanks Johnny
Parent - - By J Hall (***) Date 12-12-2008 01:33
Shad,
Good for you. I never knew what had happened, it is good to hear you beat it.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-12-2008 01:47
thanks it was a very nasty flesh eating disease spent 52 days in the hospital and about 4 months healing at home
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / WHERE'S RAFTERGWELDING (SHAD)