Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Bubba rides again!!
- - By vagabond (***) Date 12-12-2008 03:00 Edited 12-12-2008 03:04
A guy who I work with recently took his CWI seminar in Roanoke, VI and his instructor was the infamous "Bubba" who has been discussed at length on this forum.  I had hoped that perhaps some of the things said here were exaggerated.  Apparently they were not.  It is a shame that someone of this caliber is allowed to be an instructor.  Obviously there has been numerous problems and obviously he is still teaching.  I don't know, it sounds to me like there might be some "nephewtism" afoot here. . . . . apparently 22 out of the 24 people in the class filed a complaint!!!
Parent - - By alumtig (**) Date 12-12-2008 13:54
I also had "Bubba" as an instructor back in '99 when I took my CWI, and I thought perhaps I was just to hard on him. Seems as though others have the same thoughts as I. I suppose a grown man who cannot control the "pee stains" on the front of his pants when standing in front of a class "teaching" certainly would not hold a lot of respect from myself or many others. I can't believe after this length of time to see a discussion about him and realize that it has to be the same guy.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 12-12-2008 14:24
I believe just about everybody here on the East coast has at least heard of the infamous "Bubba".
Parent - By awspartb (***) Date 01-16-2009 13:48
Unreal.  Bubba wrong again! 
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Bubba rides again!!