Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / WELDING INSPECTION RESIDUAL STRESS NDE NEW TECHNIQUE
- - By ennio curto (*) Date 12-28-2008 23:53
THE MEASURAMENT OF RESIDUAL STRESS IN THE WELDING STRUCURES IS FOUNDAMENTAL. BECAUSE SOME TIME THEY ARE TO HIGHT THAN ARRIVE NEAR TO BROKEN POINT.
NOW AFTER MANY YARS OF RESEARCE, WE CAN EVALUATE RESIDUAL STRESS NDT WITH MORE SIMPLE SYSTEM, HIGHT ACURANCY AND LOW COST.

I APPRECIATE THE OPINION OF THE MEMBER FORUM AND QUESION,FOR THIS YOU CAN SEE FOR MORE INFORMATION MY URL:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/6204589/Technique-for-Residual-Stress-Measurement-ndt
I AM SURE THAN EVERYBODY WORK IN WELDING FIELD UNDERSTAND ME.

THANK YOU .
Ennio Curto
Attachment: NDTRESIDUALSTRESS.pdf (586k)
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 12-29-2008 04:30
Parent - - By ennio curto (*) Date 12-29-2008 21:22
Yes there are other systems for residual stress measurement, but any types have different base. The important thing is what is the best for precision, practical, and cost.
Thank you for your question

Regards
Ennio Curto
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 12-30-2008 14:28
The method described is utilizing leaky surface waves. Due to the their nature, they are less than accurate. The requirement for surface conditions being just so to perform this test is inherent in the use of leaky rayleigh, lamb or sejwa waves. Cost effective and residual stress measurement are usually words that don't play well with each other for that reason. If your imparting the vibrations via a mechanical impactor, or a transducer, and receiving via mechanical/electrical means (except for acoustic transmission AE which is a different animal all together) out side of a lab for exacting finite measurement of stress levels, your never going to get it to work as it should in my opinion.

Same part, same stresses, same same across the board, simply changing the rms values of the surface will change the reaction of the surface waves and the accuracy of the results. Aerospace utilizes surface waves for examinations on a regular basis, but they typically have very strict surface finish requirements for that same reason.

To sum it up, the devil is in the surface conditioning. without exacting values for that, the test will only yield gross results, not accurate ones and then without a proper cal standard, not even that in my experience. In the real world, one welder to the next, the surface in the vicinity of the welds will vary, the welds themselve will vary, as will surface conditions due to coatings, handling, and other factors.

The theory behind your idea is sound, but I just can't see an accurate implementation due to extenuating circumstances.
Parent - - By ennio curto (*) Date 02-12-2009 15:37
THE MEASURAMENT OF RESIDUAL STRESS IN THE WELDING STRUCURES IS FOUNDAMENTAL. BECAUSE SOME TIME THEY ARE TO HIGHT THAN ARRIVE NEAR TO BROKEN POINT.
NOW AFTER MANY YARS OF RESEARCE, WE CAN EVALUATE RESIDUAL STRESS NDT WITH MORE SIMPLE SYSTEM, HIGHT ACURANCY AND LOW COST.

I APPRECIATE THE OPINION OF THE MEMBER FORUM AND QUESION,FOR THIS YOU CAN SEE FOR MORE INFORMATION MY URL:

www.scribd.com/doc/6067883/New-Technique-for-Residual-Stress-Measurement-NDT

Thank you

Ennio Curto
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 02-12-2009 16:39 Edited 02-13-2009 02:47
(deleted)
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 02-12-2009 18:57
You egged him on Gerald. ;)
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 02-12-2009 19:03
LOL...yeah they were having a discussion about it, so I let it continue on.....LOL
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 02-13-2009 02:42
One of my weaknesses I guess. I don't react to well to people who piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. I stand corrected.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 02-13-2009 13:05
LOL.... :-)
Parent - By ennio curto (*) Date 05-17-2009 16:57
Dear jwright650

Please write me, I don't use pseudonomy

Ennio Curto
Parent - By ennio curto (*) Date 05-17-2009 16:55
You egged him on Gerald

Can you weite me please?

Ennio Curto
Parent - - By Jamewil Oga Date 03-18-2009 10:13
think im too late for this topic for the link was already DELETED..

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6204589/Technique-for-Residual-Stress-Measurement-ndt

any other link..?
Parent - - By ennio curto (*) Date 05-17-2009 17:03
Dear Jamewil Ogaay

Maybe If you are not tired you can see the web site is thear.

You need to have more respect for the other intalligence, you are a person than don't know nothing and speak. Silence if you don't know and look in the air.

Ennio Curto.
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 05-18-2009 00:28
Maybe you can enlighten us oh wise one as to what exactly jamewil said to bring that one on?
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / WELDING INSPECTION RESIDUAL STRESS NDE NEW TECHNIQUE