Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Sterling trucks
- - By TRC (***) Date 01-01-2009 22:12
Has anyone had any experience with Sterling Trucks-cab chasis p/u style?
Parent - - By pipelinetrash23 (**) Date 01-02-2009 02:38
i haven't rode in them but a oil field service company bought a few of them for there operators and it supposed to ride like a pickup all a sterling pick up is, is a dodge body with sterling badges and the cummins motor if i remember correctly
Parent - - By ANDY LARKINS (*) Date 01-02-2009 19:17
I just read something the other day that the Sterling name badge is going away.  They will be sold as Freighliners and Western Stars
Parent - By TRC (***) Date 01-02-2009 22:56
Thank you, a contractor I worked for has several dump trucks and they seem to be of high quality. Are they made in the USA? The cab chassis that I looked at are really heavy duty compared to my F350. Almost more then I'd ever need to haul around a Sa-200 and a couple a bottles- Ted
Parent - - By vantage500man (**) Date 01-02-2009 23:11
I just bought the 5500 C&C white 11 ft chassis with the cummins engine... I had the stealership swap out the rear pig it had a 4.88 gear the new one will be 4.44 hopefully better fuel. I will post some pics as soon as I get back from my trip to ohio in three weeks it should my for a sweet rig
Parent - - By TRC (***) Date 01-02-2009 23:51
Thanks V man what happened to the duck boat?
Parent - By vantage500man (**) Date 01-03-2009 00:32
Running great put up for the winter trying to sell the motor though did not work that great on that boat need twin long tails next year maybe depends on where I'm living... I am going to test for cactus as soon as I get back from ohio in three weeks going to throw a quick bed on the new rig and get on the road and makes some money one way or another I am looking forward to seeing TX always loved the Tx woman Have three friends down there they all have beautiful wife's 
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Sterling trucks