Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / WTF
- - By ctacker (****) Date 01-12-2009 23:45
Its bad enough to get this **** in my emails, now its coming to private messages on AWS

This is what I recieved:

Dearest One

Beloved one l am happy to request for your assistance and also to go into business partnership with you, i believe that you will not betaryed my trust which i am going to lay on you.

I am Miss Abigel Edward am 21years old only durgther of late MR.and MRS Edward. My father was a highly reputable busnness magnet-(a cocoa merchant)who operated in the capital of Ivory coast during his days. It is sad to say that he passed away mysteriously in France during one of his business trips abroad year 12th.February 2005.Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by an uncle of his who travelled with him at that time.

But God knows the truth! Our mother died when I was just 4 years old, and since then my father took me so special. Before his death on February 12th 2005 he called the secretary who accompanied him to the hospital and told him that he has the sum of Ten Million United State Dollars.(USD$10 000 000) left in a security company in a mettalic trunk box, but the security company didn't know the content because it was registered as family valuables personal for security reasons.

I am just 21 years old and a university undergraduate and really don't know what to do. This is because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis here in Ivory coast. The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life. Sir,I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards.Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded.

Now permit me to ask these few questions:- 1. Can I completely trust you?
2. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you?

Consider this and get back to me as soon as possible.

contact me edwx_5111@yahoo.com.cn

Thank you so much.

My sincere regards,

MISS Abigel Edward
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 01-12-2009 23:48
It's all over in the for sale ads too report their spam scam like it did nothing but nigeria scammers probably. 
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 01-12-2009 23:59
BWAAAHAHAHAHA!!!! This would be completly funny except for the blatent underestimation of intelligance. The other disturbing issue is that you say it came in a PM through this forum.
Parent - By johnnyh (***) Date 01-13-2009 00:36
I got this message too.  I am stiil trying to figure out what percentage of the total amount will be good for me. Hmmmmmmm
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 01-13-2009 00:50
yahoo.com.cn  That is the Chinese Yahoo site.  That and based on the vagueness of the post, I would have to say that this is a bogus plan.  DON'T DO IT!!!

LOL
Parent - By pypLynr (***) Date 01-13-2009 02:46
After careful calculating and serious thought , I come up with a figure of the fair percentage for me ... ALL OF IT !   LMAO    LOL                   I reported it also . I got it as a PM twice today . You would figure that if they were gonna scam you , they would be able to correspond with correct english and common intelligence . But NO , my buddys' five year old with a hair lip can correspond better than they can !
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 01-13-2009 03:11
I got the same PM.
Parent - - By mcostello (**) Date 01-13-2009 04:08
Has anyone ever replied and said he could not be trusted? We had a machinery dealer in Ohio get them to send a $100 check to "unlock" his account to be able to deal with them. He scammed the scammers. Has check on wall, hasn't tried to cash it.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-13-2009 15:39
they always ask for your info first so yes i have replied a few times i get the usual offer of 30% so i tell them to send me the 30% up front and i will gladly turn over my info to them and to my surprise still no money it's like waiting for help with medical bills IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 01-13-2009 12:48
was the PM from "abi000"?

if so...PM ross and ask him to ban that sign-on id.

Thanks

PS, I deleted the other posts when I saw them.
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 01-13-2009 16:01
thats the one, I will PM Ross when I have time, thanks.
Parent - - By norcalwelder (**) Date 01-13-2009 16:10
Hey guys, check this out....i'm not sure how accurate it is, but it says he is in Australia. http://www.emailfinder.com/EFC.aspx?_email=edwx_5111@yahoo.com.cn&_act=Step3
Parent - - By Jssec (**) Date 01-13-2009 17:51
I tried my email address and said I was in Billings Montana. I am in Kentucky so its not real accurate.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-15-2009 00:03
I dont know i tried mine and it nailed it
Parent - By ross (***) Date 01-13-2009 20:51
OK, banned him.

Ross
Parent - - By Dodge84 Date 01-14-2009 16:48
I've gotten this in the ol' email quite a bit. I think it's hilarious. I took the well, I'll need 40% of it upfront approach. Never did get a response and the emails slowly started to stop. I was getting things along this line about a good 3 or 4 times a week. Send something requiring them to send you money....and they slowly stop...kinda hilarious at the same time.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 01-15-2009 19:50
That email address could be out of Australia. My wife has yahoo Japan and the last part of her email is yahoo.co.jp so I guess a search would reveal her address being in the states here. She logs on and it's all Japanese.....have no idea what anything says.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / WTF