Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / pyramids found in south America
- - By hogan (****) Date 01-30-2009 18:04
I found this very interesting. They found and dated pyramids and amphitheaters in south America to the same time as the Egypt.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15350058/
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 01-30-2009 18:14
That is pretty neat....nice find.
Parent - By hogan (****) Date 01-30-2009 18:51
And it is not political or race related.
Parent - - By OBEWAN (***) Date 01-30-2009 18:24
Are we going to assume that the same or different aliens helped build them?  Didn't you guys see Chariots of the Gods?
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 01-30-2009 18:59
I believe somebody had to of crossed the ocean before the Vikings did.
Parent - - By hogan (****) Date 01-30-2009 19:03
The latest dates that I have seen for modern human occupation in the new world was about 50,000 years ago. Not to mention Pharaohs (from the time these new pyramids were dated) have tested positive for cocaine, only native to the new world.
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 01-30-2009 19:16
The late Doctor Louis Leakey was a firm believer back in the 60's that history and evidence of human populations will be pushed farther and farther back than what current orthodoxy argues. Leakey would have certainly known about taking on and defeating current orthodoxy. Even though he was never considered a Von Danikin type. But I think in a way we need the Von Danikins, the Hapsgoods, and Velikovsky's to keep the orhodox guys on their toes.
Parent - - By hogan (****) Date 01-30-2009 19:37
Some of the newer use of mitochondrial DNA lineages is fascinating. From the latest research I've seen it puts the migration of modern man out of Africa to around 100,000 years ago. This line went east to India and south to Australia. At this time it is estimated that the sea level was some 60 to 100 meters lower, exposing an almost complete land bridge from India to Australia. Some of there descendent's intermixed with later migrations. Australia eventually lost its land bridge and the resulting isolation allowed for a less influenced line of people, the Aborigine. The second, and only other currently known of, line migrated to what is currently Mongolia at around 50,000 to 60,000 years ago. This line further developed into several offshoots. Some went to the new world, the native Americans. Current belief is over a land bridge, but ancient sea vessel's in china have been found that were capable of crossing the pacific. Another offshoot went on to become the Europeans. All very interesting.
Parent - By RioCampo (***) Date 01-31-2009 02:38
What, you mean ocean levels have been rising for 100,000 years! Before cars, holy cow.

Sorry couldn't resist.

I have seen some of the Mayan ruins firsthand in Mexico. It is truly amazing. Literally hundreds of thousands lived in some of the areas around the temples.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / pyramids found in south America