Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / I just realized that one of our members here.....
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 02-02-2009 19:04
....has had some of his work published recently.

A very nice series of books ;-)

http://cengagesites.com/academic/?site=3618

Congratulations Lawrence!
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 02-02-2009 19:43
Hello John, that's really awesome for Lawrence. Always knew he had the knack for that sort of thing. If you catch this Lawrence, WAY TO GO!!!! Best regards, Allan
Parent - By Kix (****) Date 02-02-2009 20:08
Wouldn't expect anything less! ;-)  Congrats Lawrence...
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 02-03-2009 03:10
Congratulations Lawrence!
And thanks to you John for letting the forum know.
Parent - - By darren (***) Date 02-03-2009 05:33
lawrence is always a consummate professional. this just proves it.
congrats lawrence.
darren
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 02-03-2009 09:56
Thorough is what Lawrence  is!  I have been living with the weld specs he helped write for the last four years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lawrence WTG bud!!!!   I will have no problem recommending these reads to my peers and my students....I rekon I need to read them thoroughly myself!!!!!   Congrats my friend.

Sincerely
Tommy
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 02-03-2009 11:08
Good show Lawrence!

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 02-03-2009 14:29
Outstanding!! Way to go Lawrence!! I will most definatly be looking into these. :-)
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 02-03-2009 15:59
Thanks guys.

Working with Larry Jeffus has been a real career highlight.

The work Larry J. has done over the decades is really something special.

It's a relief to see the series out on the streets.  It's been a very busy 18 months.

The integration of entry level skills training for High School learners with a specific focus on code environment and inspection criteria is what I think seperates this work.  SENSE has been a great program that has not gotten the traction it should over the last decade.

So many HS instructors are forced to teach multi-diciplines, from welding to machining to small engines to Ag to computers all in one semester. It's just not reasonable to expect them to be experts in every dicipline... The hope is by preparing excellent code foucsed tools for the instructors that students will be the big winners.
Parent - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 02-03-2009 20:05
I join the crew and send also my sincere congratulations. Hooray, Lawrence!
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil

Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / I just realized that one of our members here.....