Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Give the guy a go !!! (locked)
1 2 Previous Next  
- - By Shane Feder (****) Date 01-18-2009 11:47
To all the Obama haters this is an editorial from a major Australian national paper that I believe reflects the thoughts of the majority of Australians.
" Barack Obama will take presidential office on Wednesday (Australian time) carrying an unprecedented burden of hope for not only his own people but the rest of the world.
Fairly or unfairly, realistically or unrealistically, on his inexperienced and relatively young shoulders will ride the expectations of a world shrinking under the shadow of recession.
He takes office at a time of economic crisis unknown since the dark days of the Great Depression when unemployment, poverty, hunger, discontent and even simmering revolution stalked the land.
Then, Australia - with a fatally narrow economic base - suffered even worse than America as the worlds great financial powers collapsed.
That cruel cycle of depression was broken largely by 100 days of dynamism from new president Franklin.D.Roosevelt who, in 1933, began to turn fear into confidence and to power his country back on the road to prosperity.
The world is now looking to President Obama to replicate that mission of recovery and end the gloom and repair shattered confidence.
Today, Australia is infinitely better equipped to face the economic storm, better positioned than even the United States. However, our long - term ability to fend off recession, or even worse, still remains largely dependent on the US.
Mr Obama captured a new spirit in America as he swept to victory in last years elections. He now has to harness that spirit to return his nation to prosperity.
Australia - a true friend in good times and bad - will hope and pray that Mr Obama is granted the strength and wisdom to tackle this herculean task that is so crucial to the world."
Regards,
Shane
Parent - By PlasmaHead2 (***) Date 01-18-2009 15:57
To me the 2 party system is rather flawed (at least the 2 parties we currently have), and it needs a serious overhaul.
One of my philosophy teachers had an opinion about political jobs that I took a liking to. It was along the lines of, "You don't give a political job to someone who wants to do it because they have ulterior motives to wanting to be in that position. If you want a political system free of corruption then you have to give key jobs to people who don't want to do it."
I think corruption is a pre-requisite for being in politics, much like being able to read a tape measure is required to being in any sort of construction trade.
Given that, I don't think McCain would have done any better, or anyone else either party put up for being President.

Now I know that sounds a little harsh, I do believe that there are good people in politics. But, I believe they get shadowed over by the people with no morals or ethics, who happen to outnumber the few good and honest people.

Now that I'm done ranting, I'm going to get breakfast... I shouldn't be allowed to type when I just woke up...
So ill give him a chance, as long as he leaves my guns alone :)

Respectfully and barely awake,
Clif
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 01-18-2009 16:05
Shane its nice to see how the rest of the world views our affairs here in the States.  I, as you might know if you read any of my posts around election time, am a staunch Obama supporter.  I even looked at expatriating to Australia in case McCain won.  I found out that if would cost a lot of money to move.  But anyway, my man won and I am still here riding out the storm.  I have compared the hope in Obama as a similar to the hope that FDR brought that led us out of the Depression.

Just in case this Obama thing doesn't work, how would an American get to work as a CWI in Australia, either permanantly or like a working vacation.  I need to work and I need a vacation?
Parent - - By 63 Max (***) Date 01-18-2009 17:07
If you look back at our history you will see that what FDR did to help us get out of the Depression actually made it carry on a few more years. It's not that he didn't try but I'm affraid we are going to have the same thing this time. I was not an Obama supporter but he is our President and I will support him! I'm hoping he see's we all need the coal and natural gas industry. In my area these 2 industry's go hand in hand. I am the first to say I'm impressed with some of the things he is hoping to do but there is a few things that scare me. Just my 2 cents but as Americans we should all support our Commander and Cheif.
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 01-19-2009 15:06
I suppose as I look at the gray hairs on my head that it still surprises me that I am surprised when I see commentary of hope with a new president. When in reality it is always this way with a new president. I saw it with Johnson, Nixon, Carter, Reagan (the first term), Bush I, Clinton (the first term), and Bush 2 (the first term). Hope is not exeptional to this election, its not even unique, except perhaps amongst minorities.
I will also never get used to the worlds bipolar disorder towards the US. They pay lip service to their desire for the US to be the world leader, but when we are, when we make the tough decisions, the hard choices, when many times we actually do what we think is the right thing to do though it may be unpopular (the true sign of a leader) the truth of it is exposed for all to see. The world doesn't really want us to be the world leader, each country wants us to be a mirror image of themselves. And if they don't really want us to be the world leader where do you suppose the truth of their policies and politics are towards the US?
And if the world doesn't want us to be the world leader, I understand. It is their right to believe what they wish. My only hope is that Americans realize it, and the others quit telling us otherwise.
Put simply, If you have a leader and you don't really wish for them to be the leader what are you going to do to change the status quo? And what would you expect that leader to do in response?
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 01-19-2009 15:34
I think that the US has been giving handouts around the world for too long.  That is the problem.  The world doesn't want us to be the leader, they want help.  France and the UK wanted us just long enough to save them from the Nazis.  Korea wanted us long enough to beat off the Chinese (that didn't sound right).LOL.  Some, and apparently not enough Vietnamese wanted us.  And now Iraq didn't really want us, but then they did but now they don't.  Afghanistan wants us and we are going to be their, possibly in greater numbers soon according to our new president.  Then just when we are about done, they don't need us anymore.

The problems is this.  All of these preceding countries are much old the the US and have be invaded and taken over by others for centuries.  They want America to save them either physically or financially then get the hell out.  They don't want true criticism on their perceived problems.  They want a little help to get stable then they want the opportunity to revert to nationalism.  I think it is America's fault that we are perceived as leaders.  We too often get into other nations affairs, generally too late, to try and make a difference based upon our needs.

Europe was nearly destroyed before the US got into WW2.  If we would have stepped up earlier millions of lives would have been saved.  If Saddam would have been taken out by Bush I when the Khurds were bombed then we might not be in the predicament that we are now.

My 2 cents.
Parent - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 01-19-2009 15:41
the U S  is like a parent to teenaged countries . they mess themselves up cry for our help, after we help they dont want us around (BECAUSE WE ARE STUPID AND DONT KNOW ANYTHING ) untill the next crissis.
......MOMMY HELP me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MDK
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 01-19-2009 17:16 Edited 01-19-2009 17:19
OK. what is going on????????
Bryon I can't find a thing in your post that I disagree with. I'm worried.   :)
Well, except that, I think they kinda do want us as the leader. Emphasis on the kinda. Its the bipolar thing.

As for WWII, you are right. But we didn't know about the holocaust early on, and there was a very strong anti war movement here in the states. Not to mention we were pretty busy in the Pacific.
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 01-19-2009 17:30
Shane,
I addressing your title I might ask: when you believe that virtually everything that a guy has stood for his entire political career is destructive of your country just how much of a go should you be willing to accept? Its not like political leaders are just administrators. Their decisions have meaning.
Now if you mean that Obama may very well move to the middle and essentially turn against everything he's stood for, betray his liberal history and constituency, then I would grant you your point. But I doubt thats what you mean.
Why should a conservative give a liberal a chance to turn his country against what he believes? Or for that matter vice versa?
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 01-19-2009 17:37
The Holocaust is a whole other topic I think.  But the initial conquest of Poland, the Low Countries and attacking of Britain started in 1939.  The War could have been nipped in the bud.  I don't know if the anti-war mentality stopped it or the industrial machine of America was not up to the task.  But to me IMHO it seems that we wait a bit long to intervene at times allowing the situation to get out of hand.  But hindsight is always 20/20.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 01-20-2009 03:49
   Bryon, I think if Bush 1 would have removed Sadam, We would have been in the position We are now 8 years ago instead of now. Regime change is messy at best, Bush 1 knew it. Many of the liberals said" Give peace a chance". We did, and it didn't work. I suspect that Bush 2 didn't want to get serious in Afganistan while Sadam was in power next door, and did not expect it to take so long to establish a new govt. there.

You do pose an interesting point tho. If Bush 1 had removed Sadam in '91 then Bill Clinton would have inherited the mess  asuming that Bush 1 wouldn't have a second term. Shoot, He couldn't get re elected without having gotten Us into a quagmire. I have to wonder what Clinton would have done with the situation.
Parent - - By Metarinka (****) Date 02-05-2009 21:01
interestingly enough there was many reports and studies aimed at whether or not the US should have removed sadam during the first gulf war.  It became the conclusion that removing Sadam would lead to a rather lengthy and expensive occupation. The cost in life, money and most importantly politics were too high. Coincidentally Cheney even helped author a report reccomending that we would not invade into iraq further due to the costs.

during the run up to the second gulf war, these old findings were dismissed and new reports concluded that a full invasion would be fast and cheap. While we did have the capibility of defeating the Iraqi army swiftly  our reliance on air superiority, fast deployment and "shock and awe" did not leave us with a ground force that had the neccessary tools, training and ethos for an extended occupation.

Long story short, the very quick and relatively easy destruction of the Iraqi army during the first war led us to be ill prepared and ill strategized for an extended ground campaign during the second war. Our army is not a police force and shouldn't have been used accordingly.

A full scale invasion during the first iraq war was not a viable option at the time.
Parent - By JTMcC (***) Date 02-05-2009 21:19
Metarinka,
My younger brother (and a lot of his cohorts) was 40 miles from Baghdad when Bush Sr. called a halt. They were moving very quickly, and seriously disappointed when they had to put the brakes on.
They had the momentum and the firepower at hand to steam on but the political intervention stopped all progress at that point.

No military outfit is properly used as a police force, but the head could of easily been cut off in the early '90's. Bush Sr. didn't have the courage to do the right thing without "world opinion" on his side.

Hindsight is 20/20 of course. But a lot of calm thinkers disagreed with the halt in progress and looking back it could of been a golden opportunity that was passed up in deference to the almighty U.N.
Just about always, someone has to take the lead even when it doesn't appear to be the popular option.

Just another take, that would of saved, in my opinion, many American soldiers lives.

JTMcC.
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 02-05-2009 22:53
Metarinka,
There was no extended ground campaign the second time against the Iraqi army. Bahgdad fell rather quickly again. The extended ground campaign (with some rank and file Baathists as notable exceptions as long as Saddam was alive), was against predominantly foreign counter-insurgents.
And while mistakes were made as we moved into occupation (pretty big ones to be sure) nobody else had a better plan. Hindsight criticism is easy when you had nothing to say ahead of time.
And the "not a police force' argument though perhaps valid in a purist sense is dated. We have actually been very good at what we have been doing over there for some time. Once the leadership was changed the ability of our men and women to get the job done really began to show.
Urban warfare, so to speak, has become part of the modern warfare landscape, especially in the face of terrorisms penchant for hiding in civilian locations, and the military has learned its lessons well.
Parent - - By 63 Max (***) Date 01-20-2009 01:07
js55, I know what you mean about the gray hair. Also about hoping for our new President. When Obama beat Clinton I was really worried about what he would do. I'm not as concerned as I was but I will wait and see.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 01-20-2009 03:51
I think Obama will be so busy doing what He HAS to do that many of those things He WANTS to do may take a back seat.
Parent - By rick harnish (***) Date 01-20-2009 04:03
Very well put.
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 01-20-2009 13:58
Man that is a fact. Hopefully. Toughest job in the world.
Still, unless he moves towards the middle his political leanings will always influence the decisions he makes in those things he 'has to do', as you say.
For example:the bailout. Being the extremist that he is the idea of throwing billions, if not trillions, at this problem, the idea of deep and lasting government influence (ala FDR) on this problem is not in conflict with his ideology. Government is just never big enough.
Bush, even though throwing lots of money at it himself, to the consternation of the majority of his party, approaching it form the right, at least had some limiting ideology if somewhat ineffective. Obama has none.
Parent - - By Shane Feder (****) Date 01-20-2009 22:07
js55,
I have the utmost respect for your knowledge and experience on welding related matters but we never seem to see eye to eye on political matters.
I am 47 years old and I have never voted. As far as I am concerned the majority of politicians are self serving fat cats who have their snouts firmly planted in the trough. Look after No 1 and that is exactly what they do.
For me it has never been worth voting because the devil you know is most times better than the devil you don't.
However, every now and then there is a ray of hope and I (and many of my countrymen) are hoping that Obama will be that ray of hope.
He may be a complete flop but the amount of negativity on this forum considering he has only been president for 2 days seems to be totally unfair.
Regards,
Shane
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 01-20-2009 22:45
Shane,
Sometimes we feel things are gettin too strained in here politically. But as far as respect is concerned, mine for yourself, or others I have disagreed with, has not diminished one bit. I gotta be honest, I've said it before, I've been in more energetic political arguments than any of this with my wife. And we've been together 32 years.
Also, from what you said we may see eye to eye on more than you think. We certainly seem to agree on an assessment of politicians. Not necessarily the slam dunk one might think given the plethora of glazed expressions we see on our TV's during political events.

As for Obama, he's been around awhile. He has a history. And all the hope that has been generated from his campaign cannot be born from his record.
My own greatest hope is that he does indeed betray his extremist, corrupt, Chicago political machine roots. Because if he is consistent with his past, the honeymoon won't last long.
Parent - - By 63 Max (***) Date 01-20-2009 23:51
js55    Sorry but, Obama has only been President for 7 hours so far not 2 days.
Parent - - By Shane Feder (****) Date 01-20-2009 23:55
Sorry 63 max, my mistake.
We are ahead in the time zones so I thougt he had been prez for 2 days and not 1,
Cheers,
Shane
Parent - By 63 Max (***) Date 01-23-2009 01:50
My mistake I see now it was you not js55, sorry js55
Parent - By millerman (**) Date 01-28-2009 04:59
Shane u may think 1 mans vote does not count  but it did for every one and their family that fought for it so if for anything to vote for i do for them

god bless
Mac
Parent - - By DONKEY PUNCH Date 02-05-2009 06:13
when they say his people is that black people or all american people who are not white because I don't think obama would call any one white HIS PEOPLE  just my opinion I do hate him and I am a very very proud white boy 
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 02-05-2009 15:52
Wow. 
Parent - By spots (**) Date 02-05-2009 16:01
My 70+ year old racist father said he voted for Obama's white half.
Parent - - By Metarinka (****) Date 02-05-2009 21:15
All american people.

I'm tired of people thinking in strictly black or white terms in that mixed race individuals have to chose one side or another like it's elementary school kick ball teams. As a mixed race individual myself I consider all my family... well family and I refuse to be pigeon holed into a certain group because of the pigmentation of my skin. Therefore if I had to answer the same question I would say "anyone who shares similar values and beliefs" which is a race agnostic answer.

I know nothing of what obama has said on this issue but he does have a white mother and a white vice president. Many members of his cabinet and top staff are white, so it's safe to assume he has strong connections to at least several members of the apparently seperate white culture. 

From a strictly personal opinion he's not our first black president
He's our first interracial  president, to say he's black would discredit 50% of his family heritage and any unique experience his mother imparted on him.
you don't call a mix between red and blue, half-blue or half-red. You call it purple.
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 02-06-2009 15:03
Well you know little about Obama
You say "He's our first interracial president; to say he's black would discredit 50% of his family heritage and any unique experience his mother imparted on him."

Obama already discredited his own mother and his white roots in his book.
Read his book and come back with an educated opinion on how he really feels (HIS OWN WORDS)
Or are his books a white republican conspiracy?
MDK
Parent - - By Metarinka (****) Date 02-06-2009 20:09
I'm about 50 pages into "dreams of my father" I haven't read any passage where he discredits his white roots in the book but I'm not finished do you have any reference to the passage?.
your last comment assumes I'm democrat, or at least anti-republican. Which I never said.  I didn't vote for Obama in the election, I was specifically speaking about his mixed race heritage because I've been there myself and it's very angering.
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 02-06-2009 20:27
From 'Dreams of My Father',
"I CEASED TO ADVERISE MY MOTHER'S RACE AT THE AGE OF12 OR 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites"

From Dreams of My Father, " I FOUND A SOLACE IN NURSING A PERVASIVE SENSE OF GRIEVANCE AND ANIMOSITY AGAINST MY MOTHER'S RACE".

From 'Dreams of my Father', "The emotion between the races could never be pure..... the THE OTHER RACE (WHITE) WOULD ALWAYS REMAIN JUST THAT: MENACING, ALIEN AND APART"

From Dreams Of My Father, "never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. IT WAS INTO MY FATHER'S IMAGE , THE BLACK MAN, THE SON OF AFRICA, THAT I'D PACKED ALL THE ATTRIBUTES I SOUGHT IN MYSELF.

From Dreams Of My Father:
"THAT HATE HADN'T GONE AWAY," he wrote, BLAMING WHITE PEOPLE,- SOME CRUEL, SOME IGNORANT, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives."
Parent - - By Metarinka (****) Date 02-06-2009 20:42
one of those quotes does not appear anywhere in the text of the book
" Grant claimed that Obama "also said, 'I found solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's white race.' " According to FactCheck.org, the email claimed that this statement appeared in Obama's first book, Dreams from My Father. However, according to FactCheck.org, "Nothing like this quote appears in [either of] Obama's books," but rather, the words appear to come from a conservative journalist's review of Dreams, not from Obama. From Steve Sailer's March 2007 article in The American Conservative:  'He inherited his father's penetrating intelligence; was raised mostly by his loving liberal white grandparents in multiracial, laid-back Hawaii, where America's normal race rules never applied; and received a superb private school education. And yet, at least through age 33 when he wrote Dreams from My Father, he found solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against his mother's race.' "

the other was taken out of context and had a few phrases chopped up

"Finally, Grant claimed that Obama said, "I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates don't speak to my own." As FactCheck.org stated, this quote, which the email reportedly attributed to Dreams from My Father was "manipulated to make it sound as though Obama is saying he would 'never emulate' a white man, when he was actually describing a personal struggle to come to terms with his own mixed-race ancestry, and the failings of blacks and whites alike. ... The e-mail cuts out important words, changing the quote's meaning. Gone is the notion that he 'might love' white or brown men. Gone also is that Obama was speaking not of white or brown men generally, but specifically about 'these men,' his white, maternal grandfather Stanley Dunham and his Indonesian stepfather Lolo Soetoro. The doctored quote makes it appear as though Obama said he would never emulate any white or brown man, based on their race."
From Dreams from My Father (Page 220):

Yes, I'd seen weakness in other men -- Gramps and his disappointments, Lolo and his compromise. But these men had become object lessons for me, men I might love but never emulate, white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela. And if later I saw that the black men I knew -- Frank or Ray or Will or Rafiq -- fell short of such lofty standards; if I had learned to respect these men for the struggles they went through, recognizing them as my own -- my father's voice had nevertheless remained untainted, inspiring, rebuking, granting or withholding approval. You do not work hard enough, Barry. You must help in your people's struggle. Wake up, black man!"

source:http://mediamatters.org/items/200810270010

not sure about the other 2 quotes, as I've said I haven't finished the book, but I haven't got the impression that he flat out hated whites or was completely exlusionary to them. I don't pretend to know what's in his heart but I think it would be rather incredulous if he turned his back on the majority of the countries' population because of the colour of their skin.

I'm apolitical when it comes to parties, but just as when all presidents are elected I remain hopeful that he leads the country well. I'm only sticky on this issue because being mixed race I've had the exact same questions asked to me.
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 02-06-2009 22:03
Why would "Fact Check.Org" offer an opinion?
Isn't that in direct conflict with their self professed charge?
Have you run a fact check on Fact Check lately?
Like who is actually running the thing?
Not saying they are or are not wrong.
Just saying they aren't 'bilbical' so to speak. They are on the net, not carved in stone.
And certainly not free of bias. Otherwise there would be no 'opinion'.
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 02-05-2009 21:50
Donkey punch-That was really not in the least interesting or an enlightening statement. Nor was it called for.

I can't remember when or even if I've ever seen anything that stupid in writing other than on a **** house wall. 
Parent - - By patg (**) Date 02-05-2009 22:08
oboma wants more hispanics and blacks (not whites) his words
i agree w/ donkey punch  i am proud to be white and oboma is pretty much a black hitler IMHO
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 02-06-2009 00:22
You've got to be kidding me.  You don't know how ridiculous you sound.
Parent - - By patg (**) Date 02-06-2009 00:34
i do know what i sound like
just speakin of what i see coming
like i said my opionon you dont have to agree or like it
Parent - - By Shane Feder (****) Date 02-06-2009 01:03
Donkeypunch / patg,
I suggest you read the terms and conditions of the AWS Forum.

"Postings should be relevant to the specified board topic. Postings that are off topic may be deleted or moved to a more relevant board. Participants should refrain from postings that do not address the original topic. Participants should select the relevant board for their posting and refrain from duplicate postings as duplicate postings will be deleted. Postings that are disruptive, illegal or objectionable will be deleted. Postings deemed as blatant advertisements will be deleted. Words or statements that are obscene, profane, defamatory, threatening, offensive, racist, sexist, anticompetitive or illegal are prohibited. Posting information in violation of copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or privacy laws is prohibited."

Your comments are defamatory, offensive and racist.
Strongly suggest you take your crap somewhere else.
Parent - By patg (**) Date 02-06-2009 01:06
i thought this was the off topic  section my bad
Parent - By DONKEY PUNCH Date 02-06-2009 02:10
u just made my point I start talking about black people and I'm racist but they can say and do all kinds of stuff toward the white man and its ok U R WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE I don't know who droped u on ur head when u was a baby but son ur blind as blind be wake up get a clue or get out I'm not racist at all but u find a black person who don't bring up the race thing or this CRAP about no white skilled workers I can't imagine what would have happened if they would have said no black skilled  workers ?????????????
Parent - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 02-06-2009 16:50
Your comments are defamatory, offensive and racist.
Strongly suggest you take your crap somewhere else.

Please point out exactly what is racist with thier comments........................
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 02-06-2009 01:11
The only reason I said anything is because you are the same age as me and you list Angleton as your location.  If you grew up and went to school in that community at the time that I did, I just wouldn't believe that you would have opinions like that.  We were taught differently.
Parent - By patg (**) Date 02-06-2009 03:40 Edited 02-06-2009 04:14
well you are right we must have been raised diffrent
dad learned me young stand up for what you believe in and dont ever sell youre self short
and dont buy into everyone elses B.S.
I KNOW WHAT I BELIEVE IN AND WHERE I STAND CAN EVERYBODY ELSE SAY THE SAME ??
Parent - - By DONKEY PUNCH Date 02-06-2009 01:36
until they kick me off I will say the way I c things I'm just glad I'm not the only person on this site that has a clue about things the obamas of this world fill prisons,and welfare lines then there r the ones robbing and shooting the rest r in the mother land full of aids so I really don't have much else to say if u can't handel the way I feel U KNOW THE REST
Parent - - By patg (**) Date 02-06-2009 03:53
TRY THIS ONE FROM A CELEB.
Michael Richards better known as Kramer from TVs Seinfeld
does make a good point.This was his defense speech in court
after making racial comments in his comedy act.  He makes
some very interesting points...Someone finally said it. 
How many are actually paying attention to this?  There are
African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab
Americans, etc. And then there are just Americans.  You pass
me on the street and sneer in my direction.  You call me
'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,'
'Whitey,' 'Caveman'... And that's OK.But
when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head, Sand-nigger,
Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink .. You call me a
racist.You say that whites commit a lot of violence against
you... So why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to
live?You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin
Luther King Day. You have Black History Month.  You have
Cesar Chavez Day. You have Yom Hashoah.  You have
Ma'uled Al-Nabi. You have the NAACP.  You have BET... If
we had WET (White Entertainment Television), we'd be
racists.  If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us
racists. If we had White History Month, we'd be
racists.If we had any organization for only whites to
'advance' OUR lives, we'd be racists.We have a
Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce,
and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.  Wonder
who pays for that??A white woman could not be in the Miss
Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss
America pageant. If we had a college fund that only gave
white students scholarships... You know we'd be
racists.There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges
in the US .  Yet if there were 'White colleges',
that would be a racist college.In the Million Man March, you
believed that you were marching for your race and rights.
If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us
racists.You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange,
and you're not afraid to announce it.  But when we
announce our white pride, you call us racists.You rob us,
carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police
officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug
dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society,
you call him a racist.I am proud... But you call me a
racist.Why is it that only whites can be racists??There is
nothing improper about this. 
That's why we have LOST most of OUR RIGHTS
in this country.  We won't stand up for ourselves!BE
PROUD TO BE WHITE!It's not a crime YET... But getting
very close!
Parent - - By DONKEY PUNCH Date 02-06-2009 04:21
pat g I could not agree with u more the sad thing is what u said is true . I would say something else but u pretty much hit the nail on the head .
Parent - - By patg (**) Date 02-06-2009 04:23
IT WILL TAKE SOME TIME BUT THEY WILL EVENTUALY GET IT
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 02-06-2009 14:46
And these "Hate crimes" IMHO any crime against another person is a hate crime.
A white Dude who needs money for drugs see a black man at an ATM this drug addict beats the black dude calls him a name or two and steals his cash. When this gets to court I  would bet that not only is the white man prosecuted for robbery but he is also charged with hate crime!
Tell me has any1 ever see a black man charged with a hate crime, remember the riots when 4 or 5 black men pulled a white man out of his truck and beat him smashed bricks over his head and left him 4 dead (that man was singled out because he was white) but were they charged with a hate crime?
I agree that all these parallel beauty pageants, government agencies, collage funds, TV stations that exclude whites NEED  TO BE SHUT DOWN and recognized for what they are and that's Discriminatory!!!!
Any1 who can't see the writing on the wall has their head in the sand, these laws and programs are set up to do 1 thing ....Support minorities to the point of pushing down white people.
If liberals really believed all men are equal and should be treated as such , the first thing they need to do is STOP the preconception that minorities need their help (by demanding government action such as affirmative action they put all minorities in one group and label them as inferior to whites therefore need the help of the bleeding heart liberals to save them). I would be pissed if they told me I get extra points because im not as good as every1 else or im the right color so they will take me by the hand and lead me to success.
So tell me am I a racist because I feel that way?
Seems like nobody remembers what MLK said about how we judge people.
MDK
Parent - By uphill (***) Date 02-06-2009 15:28
Just a couple of years ago three indian boys shot and killed a white young man up near Duluth MN. THey "popped a cap" into whitey.They were never charged with a hate crime because a minority cannot be charged for that under Minnesota law. I dont know if that part of the law are still the same but most likely.

You get charged for two counts of vehicular homicide if you were to kill a pregnant women, yet she isnt charged with murder for abortion if she decides to end her inconveniance.

The whole notion of minority has been replaced with entitlement. While in old days some need existed to make access to education, voting and housing (to name a few) the times they are a changing. Who is a minority now? Working, tax paying, home owning families with almost no protections. In 1980 or so I got a chance to get a nice gig for a Wyoming town managing the water distribution pipeline. Went through all the interviews, tests and background checks ect. The last interview I was informed that the city needed more minorities on the rolls so they gave the job to one. Nothing on paper mind you, but the truth. They went on to replace the employee a few times with minority apps. in a couple of years.

I think being a racist is a personal choice, I dont like a lot of people of most all races including mine. Dont think I am racist just selective who I put my trust in. I still have that right. A lot of good men and women died so I can.

Dave
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 02-06-2009 15:07
Just wait until your kids are picked up by a government agency for their MANDATORY community service, the Obama youth is right around the corner any1 remember another YOUTH program like this.
I think was Germany
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Give the guy a go !!! (locked)
1 2 Previous Next