Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / let the speading begin
- - By michael kniolek (***) Date 02-14-2009 23:07
sit back and wait for a check in the mail thats what the woman said................i hope this is a bogus website

http://www.grantgenerator.com/1231/101/index0120.php

we should all apply and see if any1 gets anything!!!!!!!
Parent - By weldervaughn (**) Date 02-15-2009 04:09
you know the goverment cant give anything they dont take from some one else. and a goverment big enough to give you any thing you want is also big enough to take every thing you have. just my .02 worth
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 02-15-2009 07:22
why would it be a bogus website? The government has been giving grants totaling billions as long as I can remember, and it wouldn't surprise me if they been giving them as long as the government has been in existence!
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 02-15-2009 09:11
Yeah,
All that stuff is true but why go thru some schiester to get to the us government. Nothing is for FREE!
This is just like during the tough times for the working man in the '80s when all over the radio and news papers were ads for lists of contractors and "so called jobs in your area HIRING NOW!"
With the internet, it's the same old BS with a hightech format.
If you really want to make some easy cash, I'm a prince, my father in Nigeria just died and ...........
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 02-15-2009 11:00
There has always been billions of dollars "available" in grants.  One can get grants from both federal and private sources.  Its not the spreading the wealth principle.  But to actually get those grants is the kicker.  You have to do and prove some pretty amazing things to get them.  I know people that have tried.  The only people making money in the grant business are those that are selling the information, like on the website, on how to get grants.  And then there is that tool you see on the infomercials with the fuc* ugly suit selling you the Grant Book.  I know a guy that bought the book and SOB, there are some pretty good "sounding" grants out there, but to get them, for get about it.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 02-15-2009 16:40
yeah i bought 1 of them nooks from the guy in the question mark suit or was it dollar signs anyway it seemed like a good idea but damn the paperwork you have to go thru and the phone calls you have to make it's crazy
Parent - - By hogan (****) Date 02-16-2009 17:10
My sister has a business selling information on what grants are available and how to get them. The paperwork is no more difficult than fabricating to a code. She makes good money and helps a lot of people. It is amazing how confused people get after the first page of paperwork.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 02-16-2009 20:58
wished i had known that 8 years ago doubt tgeres any money left grants now
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / let the speading begin