Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Gun Owners in Tennessee beware....
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 02-16-2009 20:27
Well, it's official the Commercial Appeal in Memphis thought it would be good to advertise this article. One fella on another site said they do the same thing in Va and have an article that shows new carry permit holders each month or something. Fighting the good fight they are......for the "poor" bad guy.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/feb/15/inside-the-newsroom-case-for-gun-permit-listings/
Parent - - By OBrien (***) Date 02-16-2009 23:46
When I read something like this.   "We've already got restaurant cleanliness scores, missing IRS refund checks and school test score results. We're working on addresses of sex offenders, real estate transactions and more." It makes me wonder why people with concealed weapons should be singled out over sex offenders.  I have a concealed carry permit but don't carry much at all.  So why would someone want to know that more than the fact there nabor could be a serial rapist?    I'm afraid to ask whats next.
Parent - By Jssec (**) Date 02-17-2009 00:18
This is next state broke and can't pay residence tax refunds http://www.kansas.com/735/story/701750.html
Parent - By Jssec (**) Date 02-17-2009 00:22
That listing is totally wrong it is the exact reason I let mine expire in KY. Wonder what the NRA has to say about that?
Parent - By 522029 (***) Date 02-17-2009 00:39
We haven't even seen the beginning!  HR 45  (hope that was the right number)  is in the House right now. 
This bill calls for fingerprinting, psyc. checks, and furnishing your medical records to the government.

Griff
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 02-17-2009 13:35
That's totally bunk.  They talk about why would a criminal want to look you up on the list and come to your house when they know you have a gun in the house.  Well, they'll wait for you to leave because there's a good chance that you have a stock pile of guns in there and then rob you blind of your guns.  Idiots!!!   This was probably written by some nerdy knob licker that was trying to make himself look good.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 02-17-2009 14:09
Exactly what I thought Kix. At the site I found this at I figured it could go two ways, bad guy finds out you have permit and hits someones house from the Commercial Appeal or they find out you have a permit and hit your house cause it's likely you'll have more guns.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 02-18-2009 03:35
They should publish a list of anti gun legislators who have antiques, jewlery, silver, etc. See how THEY like having every half assed crook know where to go next.
Parent - By bozaktwo1 (***) Date 02-17-2009 17:48
Ridiculous.  Follow the money and I'll warrant you'll find some anti-gun millionaire behind that website.  It's outrageous how they cannot call this a violation of privacy.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Gun Owners in Tennessee beware....