Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Another Stimulus Package On Its Way
- - By js55 (*****) Date 03-11-2009 13:01 Edited 03-11-2009 13:36
Here we go again!!!
Yet more money thrown to the wind. Pelosi says another stimulus package on the way to restore the confidence of the American people in the economy.

Good Lord.
I think we've taken about all the 'Change We Need' that we can stand.

Anybody beginning to feel like the famous Ned Beatty character?  Squeal like a pig!!!!
Parent - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 03-11-2009 13:20
THIS NEEDS TO BE STOPPED THESE PEOPLE ARE BUYING KINGSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent - By kipman (***) Date 03-11-2009 14:17
Or maybe like a character from another Ned Beatty film (Network).  Remember the demented broadcaster Howard Beale?  "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 03-12-2009 02:49
5 Billion to send "nurses" possibly w/brown suits, to indoctrinate the babies, I mean give them their bottle.
How did we survive in America without the government sending their employees to our homes and teaching us how to take our babies temperature? He will prepare them for school and life. Ahh, baby Marxist, so cute when they're that age.

>ublished: March 10,2009

Send to a friend
Op-Ed Contributor
Barack Obama Offers First-Time Parents Regular Visits From Nurses

By Robert Paul Reyes

President Barack Obama spoke to the US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce today on the topic of education. In a wide-ranging speech, he drew a direct correlation between children's health and academic excellence.

"That is why the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act I signed into law invests $5 billion in growing Early Head Start and Head Start, expanding access to quality child care for 150,000 more children from working families, and doing more for children with special needs. And it is why we are going to offer 55,000 first-time parents regular visits from trained nurses to help make sure their children are healthy and prepare them for school and life." President Obama

The economy is the most pressing problem that Obama faces, however the president hasn't neglected other important issues. I think everybody would agree that education is an issue that we must not overlook, even in times of economic turmoil.

Obama relalizes that a healthy student is much more likely to succeed in school, than a child who doesn't eat properly and never sees a physician or a dentist. That is why Obama has come up with an innovative plan to offer first-time parents regular visits from trained nurses to help make sure their children are healthy and prepared for school.

First-time parents often find themeselves overwhelmed, and the grandparents aren't always available to lend a helping hand. Frustrated parents will benefit from regular visits from nurses who will counsel them on proper nutrition and other health matters.

Mom and dad will see the benefits of this program immediatly, and we will see the results a few years from now when these healthy young students grow up to be successful lawyers, accountants, physicians and secretaries.<
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 03-12-2009 12:43
Somebody want to explain to me that if the economy is so important why there are STILL 18 major appointment seats yet to filled in the Treasury Department by the Obama administration.
Not that I blame him for letting the real work of actually being President slip while he campaigns to be re-elected as President.
What he has always done best is get elected, not the actual job.

Oh and in rememberance of Roosevelt. A large panel of bipartisan economists (the same panel that graded Obama with an F for his economic policies) have already revised their estimate of when the economy is expected to turn around from August to Sept/Oct. Cause? The economic stimulus package. And its just the beginning. Wonder where the estimate will be if we pass yet another stimulus package?
But hey, whats the problem? The more we suffer the more palatable our unpayable debt for social(ist) programs.
Like a swat on the azz at a frat initiation. Thank you very much may I have another one please.
Your azz is sore but you keep your eye on the prize so you can bear it.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Another Stimulus Package On Its Way