Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Obama Earmarks
- - By Lawrence (*****) Date 03-12-2009 20:05
Strangly enough, because of a GM plant closure in my area our Senator put an earmark on the spending bill specifically for my college. Over 900K

Here is a link to a National Public Radio story with a brief interview with Yours Truly at the end.

http://wuwm.com/programs/news/view_news.php?articleid=4314
Parent - - By ross (***) Date 03-12-2009 20:50
Nice. Is that a picture of you in the lab?
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 03-12-2009 22:15
Ross,

Yes I'm the chubby overworked looking fellow with all the gray in the beard!
Parent - By ross (***) Date 03-13-2009 00:40
You look good. Been working out?

I just wanted to see where my tax dollars are going.
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 03-12-2009 20:55
Nice.  Pork is delicious, I've been telling everybody.  Good luck with that up there.  Now you can get that secretary, right?  :-)
Parent - - By michael kniolek (***) Date 03-12-2009 23:05 Edited 03-12-2009 23:07
I got a breakdown of the PORK that hit my town and im ready to explode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Junk JUNK JUNK
it takes me 10 min to get to work and during 9 of them im hitting one gigantic pot hole.
can you say EAT YAPRT  They Picked that stimulus carcass apart like buzzards.
Now I have to start writing my local government too.
Nothing I read about would  increase American productivity, manufacturing ability, or a valuable work force, or Help the banking system, it was full of more pencil pushing leaches, and full of  blah blah programs.
MDK
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 03-12-2009 23:22
Here in Missouri they have the worst roads I've ever driven on.  The DOT had crews on site and as soon as the Stimulus bill was signed they started on bridge work to replace this old raggedy bit*ch that was losing concrete by the bucket.

Its starting to trickle down here and there.  Plus I get an extra $25 on my unemployment.  Not bad! :-)
Parent - By michael kniolek (***) Date 03-12-2009 23:48
Dude i hope it brings you a job in the industry id then know of 1 new job 1st hand.
Funny you dont work and got $25
I work and get $12
ill do my taxes and and only get back 1/2 of what i got last year.
Parent - By Ringo (***) Date 03-14-2009 20:26
Way to go Lawrence!That's awesome.
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 03-14-2009 23:50
Congratulations on getting a portion of the spending bill. I'm glad to see some of it going to our profession. You guys have a top notch school and instructors there.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Obama Earmarks