Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Remember that guy that posted about the WTC a few days ago?
- - By Kix (****) Date 03-19-2009 17:10 Edited 03-19-2009 18:27
Well, here's the real story.  I thought about it for awhile and was like, "daaaa an oxygen lance could do that".  So I did a search and this is what I came up with. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4GGIK_enUS284US284&q=oxygen+lance+pictures.  Well, well, that looks like the dam picture in this geeks video and you get a close up of the picture.  You can see the slag on the inside, up on top and the sides, then they stuck the lance through for the cut from the inside out.  Here's a link to his comments on the video if you feel the need to bash like I did. http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=ccv2W7jZHIM  You must be able to log in to youtube for bashing though.  I can't believe all the dumb people that eat this stuff up.  It's nutts.  I wonder if I will get ten grand now.  LMAO
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 03-19-2009 19:32
I agree, a bunch of fkin idiots are buying into it, where has all the common sense gone to?
The sad part is, it seems like people in our industry are buying into it.
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 03-19-2009 19:41
Yeah, he talks like he has all kinds of Iron Workers believing it and videos of them.  Whateve!!   They even have names and stuff for us non believers like they are some kind of cult or something. lol
Parent - By ctacker (****) Date 03-19-2009 19:43
if I remember right, a Shill is an AOL poker computer player, LOL
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 03-20-2009 16:38
there's no point arguing with people like that. I thought we got rid of them guys when they killed themselves so they could transplant onto that comet that flew nearby.LOL
Parent - By Kix (****) Date 03-20-2009 16:51
That's what makes that statement about not being able to argue with an idiot because no one can tell the difference, so true. lol
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 03-21-2009 03:32
I read a couple of pages from izzypops you tube comments and what a crew that is.
It's sad that he has over 10,000 hours of research on 9/11 conspiracy and the best evidence he has is slag on the outside of a column. Case in point; inside job.
On the other hand there are live videos of planes filled with jet fuel that flew into the buildings.  I don't have 10,000 hours invested in it but I'm going with the plane version.

The cult has pet names and language that they use. Truth movement, shills, etc. I wonder if he knows Ray of Truth? They have the same taste in music.
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 03-24-2009 00:35
WTC had a recorded deficiency in fire retardant of various sections. I don't think it's an accident the planes flew into those sections. Jet fuel + bare steel + creep + weakened post/pre tension cables + a few sick SOB's = 3k dead.
Parent - - By Revjsnizzle (**) Date 03-20-2009 13:23
Give me a run down of what he is claiming....I can't view You tube at work and I never remember when I am at home.
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 03-20-2009 14:14
The short and skinny of it is, they claim the beams at the WTC were cut prior to the planes hitting them.

IMHO the guy doesn't have a clue. The theory probably came from the rosey odonnel bon bon hour left wing nut blog.
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 03-20-2009 14:03
Maybe, one of the terrorists was a CIA operative that trained in special ironworker techniques at the Baghdad Local hall.  A split second before the plane exploded he jumped from the cockpit armed with an oxygen lance or light sabre and severed the beams allowing for the building to calapse easier.  And since he was also a ninja he was able to deploy a smoke granade allowing him to escape before the plane exploded. 

Or

Maybe the guy that made the video is a dumb azz.  :-)
Parent - By Kix (****) Date 03-20-2009 14:22
Not maybe, he is a dumba$$.  I don't think he is american nor do I believe he is an Iron Worker.
Parent - - By weldervaughn (**) Date 03-20-2009 15:44
Maybe he's a Liberal Democrat ? or a dumba$$ there all the same.
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 03-20-2009 15:53
Someone is grumpy today!
Parent - By weldervaughn (**) Date 03-20-2009 17:56
Lol
Parent - By tighand430 (***) Date 03-21-2009 01:48
Well, first off, I'm pretty sure that you can't use thermite to make a cut that straight. Second, there has to be a crucible of some sort to hold the powder in place. Third, who in the hell light off all the thermite molds that were "used to cut the beams"? They don't light themselves and it's not an explosive material really. I'm sure that you prolly could cut thru a beam with the stuff but, it's not gonna make a staight cut like was on that beam. It'd look more like you cut it with 6010 turned up or worse. I'd put my money on looking worse. Guys a total f**king idiot. Journeyman Ironworker my ass.
Parent - - By Metarinka (****) Date 03-21-2009 02:02
I got an engineering degree so I could do the math and understand the physics behind things like this.  There's no doubt in my mind that the air planes caused the collapse of the buildings and to my knowledge no proffesional engineer has ever given to dispute that
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 03-21-2009 14:02
There were engineers that could disprove it, but there offices were in the exact location where the planes entered the buildings.  By killing them the TRUTH would be hidden........until ............NOW!!!!     :-)
Parent - By johnnyh (***) Date 03-23-2009 21:10
twisted
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Remember that guy that posted about the WTC a few days ago?