Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / something to remember now more than ever
- - By darren (***) Date 03-30-2009 06:24
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation. ------ We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
Parent - By uphill (***) Date 03-30-2009 11:28
Seems like it should have been written yesterday. The writers did look ahead. 
Thanks
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 03-30-2009 12:31
"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes;"

It shouldn't be too difficult to surmise from this what Jefferson, Franklin, or Adams would have thought of the recently evolved liberal idea of a "Living Constitution".
Parent - - By darren (***) Date 03-30-2009 23:20
what gets me are the people that say "the framers of the constitution and the declaration of independence could not have foreseen all that has happened and they are out of date"
they knew exactly what they were doing they knew exactly why they wrote the declaration and the constitution and the first thru ten amendments and the interpretations other than the simple wording involved is just duplicity, malevolence or at best sheer ignorance.
the right to bear arms and to have a proficient militia is to stand against a tyrannical federal govt.
congress the senate the presidency has lost its way and there must be a return to the constitution or usa , indeed the world is doomed.
just my opinion.
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/United_States_Bill_of_Rights#Amendment_II
although i am not american and i love and respect canadas legislation and govt for the most part, i think declaration of independence and the constitution of the usa is the most important documents on earth.
darren
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 03-31-2009 00:46
I wished the people in positions of power felt as you rather than viewing the constitution as toilet paper.
Parent - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 03-31-2009 01:19
They value toilet paper higher.
Parent - By darren (***) Date 03-31-2009 06:27 Edited 03-31-2009 07:11
there are five people within this thread alone with different beliefs and values whose right to be those different personalities are all supported by and supporters of these laudable documents; that although a physical form are far more than that, they are the embodiment of the greatest part of us, they are the dominion of the creator that resides within all of us and i know there are many many more that feel the same way. you can erase the words from the paper but they can never be erased from the hearts of good men.
so long as these sentiments are among us there is hope. i do not think that it will be easy and there will be great casualties before we see justice. the sentiments that these documents contain, vouchsafe the victory of justice; of this i have no doubt. we must all stand together or we will fall individually.
sorry to soap box, i am very passionate about human rights and right of self determination.
and i haven't even had a glass of whiskey to fuel my ire.... yet.
darren
http://eserver.org/thoreau/civil1.html
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / something to remember now more than ever