Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Now You Can Get A Real National Warranty On Your Truck
- - By Jssec (**) Date 03-30-2009 16:26
In the words of the great Obama --- "It is my hope that the steps I am announcing today will go a long way towards answering many of the questions people may have about the future of GM and Chrysler. But just in case there are still nagging doubts, let me say it as plainly as I can -- if you buy a car from Chrysler or General Motors, you will be able to get your car serviced and repaired, just like always. Your warranty will be safe".
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 03-30-2009 21:02
well, I guess it's time to trade in for a ford then.
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 03-30-2009 21:28
Yes that statement is just about as trustworthy as a George Stienbrenner long term endorcement of Billy Martin.

He's my coach for the long run!
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 04-01-2009 17:55
with the feds running gm , and the engineered gas hike to come soon, ford will be out of business (punishment for not going social and accepting obamabucks)
The NWO is here Belive it or not.
MDK
Parent - - By hogan (****) Date 04-01-2009 18:32
Maybe they will use some of those new petro-bucks
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 04-02-2009 09:27
Petro-dollars would be an improvement over what President Obama is doing.

Petro-dollars have at least some small relationship or standard to oil

The Money Obama is using for both the Corperate bailouts and Stimulus is simply printed out of thin air...  Literally, they want more money so the just print it up.
Parent - By welder_Bob (**) Date 03-31-2009 03:09
I am not trying to stir up anything I am just letting everyone know what is going on around here.  A friend of mine 08 Dodge has been sitting for a little over a month because he bought it from the wrong Chrysler/Dodge dealer.

There were two Chrysler/Dodge dealers here but now there is only one and they have a sign that says that, They are sorry but if you didn't buy the vehicle from them then they will have to get reimbursement approval before any warranty service and repair work can be done.

If the government gets involved can you imagine how much paper work you will have to fill out in triplicate and how long it will take to get approved and where or how fare away you might have to go to get warranty service and repair work done.
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 03-31-2009 16:20
Talk about value added. We elected a President and got a CEO as well. Soon to be CEO of everthang!!
Uh, anybody out there believe this CEO has anywhere near the exprience of the guy he essentially fired?
He sure talks pretty though.
Not to worry. His Treasury czar has his back.
Parent - By OBEWAN (***) Date 03-31-2009 16:31
I take it with a grain of salt. So what are they going to do to "honor" the warranty?  They would have to keep the company form going bankrupt.  Also, if the govt is picking up the tab, what incentive does a company have to build quality in?
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Now You Can Get A Real National Warranty On Your Truck