Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / venting..
- - By weaver (***) Date 04-28-2009 23:52
hey fellow rod burners,  im just venting but i sure hope this thing turns around sometime soon, it's getting pretty sad up here in nd.  we still have enough (just barely) to keep our cnc running and the doors open.  what a differnce from last year.  regards to all ,shannon
Parent - - By Metarinka (****) Date 04-29-2009 03:31
same out in PA, the decrease in oil prices means they are idling a lot of the natural gas pipelines etc that was going to go in all around the state.

I'm a recently graduated welding engineer and the job market was paper thin this year, every single company I interviewed with (save for good ol' John Deere) was a defense contractor, they were the only ones that still had work coming in.
Parent - - By 250pipeliner (**) Date 04-29-2009 04:35
is it true that a lot of houses into northeast are not piped in with natural gas lines. i was in NY last year working on a 30" line and found out that natural gas is not in houses. i know that the area where i worked had a lot plans for gas distribution and that it was gonna a be work for 10yrs or more.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 05-02-2009 02:11
When I was growing up in Western NY I did not see much other than the typical tanks off to one side of a persons yard. My Grandpa/Grandma, Aunt/Uncle, the neighbors all had the tank the gas guy would come around and fill up. We had one at our house as well. That was our heat, oven, hot water heaters.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / venting..