Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Form needed
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-29-2009 12:59 Edited 04-29-2009 13:21
Does anyone have a form to document the number of UT hands on experience hours?

I'm working with someone and we feel we need a traveller form for this guy to document his experience hours according to SNT TC1a to qualify him for Level I. He will be trying to gather hours here and there with several inspectors and then he is also going to take the Level I UT class somewhere soon to get his intial 40 hours of classroom out of the way.
Parent - - By kipman (***) Date 04-29-2009 13:23
John,
I've got no form for this.  What I've found to work well in the past has been timesheets, but that presumes that your timewriting system allows you to break it down far enough to indicate (by one means or another, e.g. different job codes that tie back to NDT methods, etc) which method is being used when and for how long.
Mankenberg
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-29-2009 13:28
This guy works for an inspection agency, so we have contacted his employer trying to get a form or at least see how they want him to document this experience. I thought maybe some of you guys already had something so we don't re-invent the wheel.
Parent - - By hogan (****) Date 04-29-2009 13:47
I've always made a quick spreadsheet.
Parent - - By eekpod (****) Date 05-07-2009 23:24
I'm glad to hear that someone else besides me is concerned with tracking and documenting a NDT inspectors hours.  I felt like I was the only one worried about this.  I never made it to the point of writing it down becasue no one ever asked me to prove it, but it has been in the back of my mind.  I'll start when I free up some time.  I think an excell spread sheet listing job name, job number, hrs, mayber part #'s, level II/ III looking over him, and date woulf be a start.
Chris
Parent - By michael kniolek (***) Date 05-08-2009 01:48
I always Document my hours.
my excel file is simple i log the job,workinstruction,method details,and time.
I set a cell up to keep a running tally of my hours at a glance instantly.
I have tabs in the for each method.
MDK
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 05-08-2009 11:09
Chris we ended up getting a spread sheet from his employer, then we modified it. We added a column beside each method to have a place to recored the hours seperately for each method and it totals at the bottom for the total hours for that week. I just wanted him to be able to prove his hours if he is ever questioned. He travels around from job to job, so I felt he needed a way to track these hours. This past week he has become very proficient in calibrating the machine (straight and angle beam) and even let him follow me around the shop inspecting column splices so he has a feel for what to expect when he gets the chance to attend his classes. Hopefully he will be one of the few in his UT class that is flipping the IIW block and placing his transducer confidently as he calibrates.....LOL, I remember those days.
Parent - - By csdenny (*) Date 05-08-2009 15:05
Are you inclined to share this modified spreadsheet?
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 05-08-2009 15:39
Well, it's not on my computer. The inspector has it on his lap top and has left my shop and is back in his home state by now. Sorry.
It basically had columns for each NDE method and beside each of those a column to log the number of hours each day. The rows were for each day and were dated and signed by a witness or whomever he was gaining this experience with.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Form needed