Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / aluminum certification needed
- - By fusionwelding Date 05-01-2009 20:12
Im looking for a place where i can get certified for welding aluminum im from massachusetts ,
one of my friends is telling me that the only one he could find was in M.I.
any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Dustin
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 05-01-2009 20:24
Welcome to the forum Fusion

Here are two AWS Accredited test facilities...

Triangle Engineering, Inc.
6 Industrial Way
Hanover MA 02339

Plumbers Local No. 12
1240 Massachusetts Ave
Boston MA 02125

But to really give you a good answer we must know what type of cert you are looking for... Which code, which processes etc...

There are community and technical colleges in your region that may also be able to certify a performance test.

The easiest way to go however is to have your employer worry about certifying you...  Most certs don't travel anyhow... They may get you in the door but any employer worth their salt is going to test you again anyhow.
Parent - - By fusionwelding Date 05-01-2009 20:35
thank you very much ill give them a try im self employed so it would be for myself
i have been doing alot of aluminum mig welding making high voltage electrical connectors and i really need to get certified to continue making them
Parent - - By mechan (**) Date 05-04-2009 04:49
What contract are you trying to obtain that is requiring certification in that specific process? or is it a liability issue? ... I would think from a manufacturing stand point you'd be after an ISO cert.
Parent - By jsdwelder (***) Date 05-05-2009 20:18
If you are working as a contractor you will more than likely have to perform a PQR and a write a WPS first. Modern Welding School, in Schenectady New York can help you with these. Their # is 1-800-396-6810.
Parent - By welder6g (**) Date 07-19-2009 16:10
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / aluminum certification needed