Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Parts availability on Shorthoods?
- By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 05-15-2009 21:53
I may have found a shorthood, however, this thing is a trainwreck. Missing starter and carb from what the add said but looks like most everything is there on the outside in the pictures. Just looks like it's been to h_ll and back......several times. It's also quite a drive for me to get it but at the price it was listed.....let's just say it's in my price range at the moment.

Being a seasoned mechanic I have no fears of an engine overhaul, sandblasting the hoods and painting, wiring etc. I guess one price I would be curious about is if it needed to be rewound what kind of price am I looking at for that operation? It's sittin' on a trailer but from the looks of it I would'nt haul it through the guys yard let alone on the highway so I'd be dragging my trailer to grab it.

Any info on cost's associated with the old shorthoods throw them out so I can get an idea on what it will take. I don't need it right away and the condition of it will let me take my time to get it going and done right while I push the ranger along and do some single hand work. Kinda funny how I stumbled across this thing, I kinda fancy the old shorthoods more so than the redface or full body panel machines. Don't know why...

Thanks,

Shawn
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Parts availability on Shorthoods?