Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / this is very good, 4x4 people need to see
- - By darren (***) Date 06-05-2009 08:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSDPHjo1zRU
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 06-05-2009 15:01
We used to do that on the big truck tires and have done it on bobcats and other various things, except we chose a more volatile spray. Seems like we always used either or starting fluid and would spray a line on the ground then ignite. Good trick to use, don't think OSHA would approve though!
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 06-05-2009 15:25
I bet if OSHA was out on a pipeline job in the middle of BFE they'd approve.   :-)
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 06-05-2009 18:53
when we did it we really did'nt care who was around, usually it was BFE and we were hard pressed to get the machine going again cause the contractor was over your shoulder asking, "how much longer". Oh the good ol' days as a field service tech, our moto, fix it anyway possible as long as it was safe.....I've got some real hum dinger's out there that I've jerry rigged up.
Parent - - By Shooter71 (**) Date 06-06-2009 01:39
I've done that countless times with ether and I don't think the pressures are as great as it seems. Talk about pressure, blow a bead on the trail with twenty drunk rockcrawler dudes behind you.
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 06-08-2009 05:00
Gasoline on a paint brush throw a match at it POOF it's back on :)
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / this is very good, 4x4 people need to see