Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / how to submit a paper to the journal welding?
- - By jalin Date 06-08-2009 08:55
i want to konw the  specific website where i could submit my paper.
Parent - - By jalin Date 06-08-2009 11:32
知道的请回话
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 06-08-2009 12:05
Ni hao, Kai Lan.
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 06-08-2009 12:02
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 06-08-2009 18:56
Write a letter to the Welding Journal editor, whose name and address you'll find on the website Lawrence had indicated. Write a letter, don't send e-mails. In my experience, those kind of e-mails are never answered. On the letter, you'll explain that you've written an article on such and such theme and that you would like to submit it to the editor for evaluation and possible publication. 
The answer will be always positive, i.e.: "Yes, send it". The magazine won't pay you anything for your submitting the draft, so it'll cost they nothing to read it. After you receive the answer, send your article and wait. The final answer may be either Yes or No. If it's No, don't get sad and frustrated. Send the article to another magazine or present it as a paper in a welding conference.
I've published quite a few articles on American magazines, Welding Journal included, and that's how I do every time.
Good luck.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil  
Parent - - By jalin Date 06-09-2009 06:45
thanks very much for your help,you experience is very useful for me!
非常的感谢!
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 06-13-2009 11:56
I did the same thing. Although, I sent an email to the editor of an automotive trade journel and they contacted me and wanted my permission to publish the article. I had to send them a photo as well. The next month there I was, article and all. That was my 15 minutes.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / how to submit a paper to the journal welding?