Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / ASME Code Case 2326
- - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 06-09-2009 15:10
Does anyone know what the current status of this case for allowing UT vs RT for performance qualifications is ? The ASME site says its in "Revision" . Does that mean it is not a current code case? I am not too familar with the process.
Parent - - By MBSims (****) Date 06-09-2009 22:31
Gerald,

The code case is being revised and it is being incorporated into Section IX at the same time.  Revising it puts it on the street immediately, where the revision has to wait for the addenda to be published.  There was one negative at the conference committee level that resulted in it being sent back to Section IX to address the negative.  It was discussed only briefly at the May meeting, but should be back on the agenda for the August meeting in Memphis.  Since the next meeting is almost in your backyard, you might want to attend and hear the discussion.  The meeting will be Aug. 10 & 11 at the Marriott Downtown Memphis.

The published version of the code case is still valid.
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 06-09-2009 22:44
Thanks Marty.

I will mark that in my calender. Thats a 2 hour trip for me.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / ASME Code Case 2326