Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Very Interesting video
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 06-10-2009 03:30
A friend sent this to me, pretty serious stuff. Guess they won't have to bomb and kill us, looks like they'll just breed us out of existence and from the numbers they are showing looks like it is working.

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fi3.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2F6-3X5hIFXYU%2Fhqdefault.jpg&fexp=901803%2C900108&title=Muslim+Demographics&avg_rating=3.959326212&video_id=6-3X5hIFXYU&length_seconds=451&allow_embed=1&swf=http%3A%2F%2Fs.ytimg.com%2Fyt%2Fswf%2Fcps-vfl101887.swf&sk=5zEy1LL2hl1SkSgI_eE6EaY_KnqOs0lsC&allow_ratings=1&rel=1&cr=US&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fus.mc596.mail.yahoo.com%2Fmc%2Fwelcome%3F.gx%3D0%26.rand%3D4mdhlsdn7ibpc
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 06-10-2009 04:04 Edited 06-10-2009 04:37
Yeah I've seen statistics like that before.  Boy, Muslim ***** must be good!!!!!   :-)
Parent - - By darren (***) Date 06-10-2009 05:49
"us" and "them" are the pronouns that are used to cause the problem.
"we" includes everyone and using that model we are going to be ok
Parent - - By mdagg (*) Date 06-10-2009 11:27
Oh Darren that is so open minded of you.  These (we) people don't like "progressive" thinkers like yourself.  Maybe you can use some moral equivalency to explain away all the terror attacks, beheadings, and abuse toward women that (we) commit in the name of the religion of peace.
Parent - - By darren (***) Date 06-10-2009 21:15 Edited 06-10-2009 21:17
i am the founder of a multifaith group and have connections with most faiths and the majority far and away want nothing to do with violence and disagreement.
the real problem is that people feel separated and oppressed and they band together in "teams", these teams are often wrapped in the cloak of religion, but often they are wrapped in a political flag or a gangs colours. i disagree with the claim that islam does not like progressive thinking, look up the library of alexandria. just as the catholic church cannot be said to be closed minded as  some very progressive thinking is coming from that institutions members, as with all major religions.
i dont think any group can claim the moral high road in any of this. what my point is is that if those that are not zealots can look past the colour or ideological differences then "we" could come up with solutions to the problems that beset us. not the far left, not the far right, but a middle path based on the centre ideologies that comprehend the whole. ie tolerance.
only when the "we" majority find our voice can we quell the radical extremists of all types so our children and families can be safe from oppressive behavior and laws.
hate is hate no matter the name of your god and love is love no matter who its name is either.
i realize hate runs rampant and everyone says they started it first, the real question is whom in this very tumultuous time is willing to forgive first.
i believe this is the foundation of the new testament.
i am not picking sides or trying to diminish the acts of those who's hearts are full of hate, what i am saying is that with a comprehensive understanding, the models of the "other" that has been placed upon us by the media and our leaders, breaks down.
we are all part of the human kind,
i believe the constitution, its amendments and the bill of rights, explains this all the best. when these laudable dare i say holy documents are applied equally to the entire human experience, we will have peace. until then we will have dissension.
hate under any guise is still hate.
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 06-10-2009 21:46
Bravo, Bravo.  Very well put.

I have only one critique though, is your shift key broken.  :-)
Parent - - By uphill (***) Date 06-10-2009 23:58
The difference in forgiving and giving up is?  The love for young male companionship by priests and ?? is well documented. While being raised in Catholic schools and churches I was apperently very lucky not to have been violated by a man of the cloth. Thanks for not finding me attractive Padre.

No-one is above some level of hatred. We are not all Gods people or only one religion would exsist. So who chooses the Correct one? They cant all be the chosen people, according to some you cant get to your heaven unless you live a certain way. So the rest of the sheeple just vanish? We all dont get a pile of virgins?

Posative dispalcement has been the goal of a religion or two, as long as you can pay your own way go for it. The freeloaders will be their own end as decent hard working folk will stop paying. We all cant get along with all of the special laws keeping us different. If we all talk the same language and no-one has any special privlages we might be able to find some common ground. I pay interest , you pay interest. If there is to be true separation of church and state why are Muslims going for Sharia Law protection?  Freeloading at its worst.

Amen.
Parent - - By darren (***) Date 06-11-2009 03:53
in the purest sense of the word tolerance means tolerating not being tolerated.
when all sides are willing to tolerate instead of being tolerated then there is a chance at acceptance.
you will find a very few musilms are interested in sharia law.
most just dont want their beliefs subjugated to/ by another, as with christians, jews ,hindus ,sikhs, buddhists......
i suggest reading the quron, the bag vad gita, guru granth sab, the pentatauch or old testement, the teachings of siddhartha guatma, and whatever other texts you might find interesting....nag hammandi finds, the dead sea scrolls the, gnostic teachings, egyptian book of the dead, sumerian texts............
find their commonality, compare it to the new tesament and you will find some common themes and none of which espouse hate.
blessed be the peacemakers.
the hardest thing to find tolerance for is intolerance.
darren
Parent - - By uphill (***) Date 06-12-2009 00:45
Muslim  Belief and Tolerance must have some hidden meaning?

This is  a true  story and the author, Rick Mathes, is a well-known
leader  in prison ministry.

The man who walks with God always gets to his destination. If you have a pulse you have a  purpose.

The Muslim  religion is the fastest growing  religion per capita in the United States , especially in the  minority races!!!

Last month I attended my annual  training session that's required for maintaining my state prison security clearance.

During the training session there was a presentation by  three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim
faiths, who explained each of their beliefs.

I was particularly  interested in  what the Islamic Imam had to say.

The Imam gave a  great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video.  After  the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.

When it was my turn, I directed my question to  the Imam and asked:
   'Please, correct me if I'm wrong,but I  understand that most Imams and clerics  of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is a command to  all Muslims) they are  assured of a place in
heaven. If that's the case, can you give me the definition  of an infidel?"

There was no disagreement with  my statements  and,without hesitation, he replied,  'Non-believers!'

I responded,  'So, let me make sure I  have this straight. All followers of Allah  have  been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can have  a  place in heaven. Is that correct?'

The expression on  his face  changed from one of authority and command to that of a  little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.' He   sheepishly replied, 'Yes.'

I then stated,  'Well,  sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope John Paul commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr. Stanley ordering  all  Protestants to do the same in order to guarantee them a place in  heaven!'

The Imam was speechless!

I continued, 'I  also have  problem with being your friend when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me! Let me  ask you a question: "Would  you rather have your Allah, who tells you to kill me in order for you to  go to  heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to heaven and He wants you  to be there with me?'

You could  have heard  a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame. Needless to  say, the organizers and/or promoters of the Diversification' training  seminar were not happy with Rick's way of dealing with the  Islamic Imam, and  exposing the truth about the Muslims'  beliefs.

In twenty years  there will be enough Muslim  voters in the U.S. to elect the President!  I think everyone in  the U.S. and Canada should be required  to read this,  but  with the ACLU, there is no way this will be widely publicized,unless each of us send it on!
Parent - - By darren (***) Date 06-12-2009 04:16
i can introduce you to an imam who would explain why these people are wrong to declare jihad and why one must accept the christ as the messiah to be islamic.
his voice of reason is quite reassuring so just as you protest someone subverting a religion for personal power gains so does he.
what we have to realize is it is not the religion but the man/woman. this goes for all religions.
ive met some scary islamics, christians, sikhs, hindus, jews, never met a scary buddhist yet.
as well ive met  some profoundly peaceful men and women of "god" that are from all walks of life and religions.
we often confuse spirituality with the religious team we purport to be on.
i consider myself a substitute player, i can play on any team and be quite satisfied so long as i am not indentured or signed on imperpituity.
after all we are all headed towards the same home base.
Parent - - By uphill (***) Date 06-12-2009 09:35
I have no problem with different religions, I do however have a major beef about those who wish to do all "Infidels" to get to ??  Not all heavens are created equal, nor the price of admission. The notion that we all can get along would only be possable if everybody could adjust their faith to allow for different beliefs. Fat chance as most people cant even give a different truck mfg a chance. I have never went out of my way to really care about the fate of fellow man, just wanting to be left to my own decisions. For that matter my own freedoms are the most important part of justifying busting my hump.

I was never trying to stomp on the Lefties but given the options its not a bad idea. Every time I turn a cheek it gets bit by an inbred, yappy, puddling and drueling mutt. Not that the world is a better place with touchy feely frame of mind anyway. The one part of your replies I take exception to is that we are all headed to the same home base. Nice wish. Spirituallity is a frame of mind and sometimes a lifestyle, dont think its got much to do with murdering to get your virgins. If I have to be killed by someone so they can get to heaven by turning the other cheek let it will be with a AR on my shoulder while I am reloading.

" God is great, Beer is good and People are crazy" Is a very good view.

The world looks different to everyone. Makes for some interesting people and writings.
Dave
Parent - By darren (***) Date 06-12-2009 09:42
in deed
darren
Parent - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 06-13-2009 18:27
"never met a scary buddhist yet"
Ray Willy Hubbard noted this in one of his songs!
"Conversation with the Devil"
BABRT's
Parent - - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 06-12-2009 02:31
Hey Darren

What should we do when we read about all that smote-ing, and putting to the sword in the Pentateuch of the Old Testament?
Parent - By darren (***) Date 06-12-2009 04:01
well one can follow it literally and reap the benefits there of, or use it as an allegory system.
indeed the pentateuch is a scary chunk of literature, a lot of bad deeds. the hebrew god is a warring god and is bound by its temple (different connotations) i think that it has been revised by the new testament and its precepts, for as we evolve so should religion, only my opinion.
the kabbalah and its texts are more interesting and better thought out form of the hebrew perspective.
religions do not kill people , people kill people

Parent - - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 06-12-2009 02:15
Darren

What does your religion have against Capitalization?
Parent - By darren (***) Date 06-12-2009 03:49
i capitalized disneyland the other day.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 06-10-2009 11:52
Actually it seems to be more of the "we" are the infidels is what is causing the problem that "they" have with us. Personally I could care less if you woke up everyday and worshipped a piece of banana cream pie and called it your religion, just don't get whacky and think that I have to start believing it to or else I'm an infidel. But apparently some of "them" have a problem with me cause I have a different belief that does not include "Alah".
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 06-10-2009 15:30
The fringe elements of any faith are much the same. They all believe that if you don't believe as they, then your basically not much more than cattle or just to stupid to know the difference.
Infidel, Heretic, etc, different name, same meaning. Beheadings are not much different than burning someone at the stake, dragging em threw the street etc.

A common theme among them is that somehow a life is worthless if they don't believe as they.

These groups have no intention of taking any criticism either. Think back in recent history to all the riots and violence created by cartoons, news stories, or anything at all said or shown in the public domain that in any way cast a negative light on that religions beliefs. Countries have been made to ban certain individuals simply due to voicing disagreement with a given religion. Anti Muslim, anti Jew, anti Christian, doesn't matter. Voice a negative opinion about their "God" and suddenly your a racist intolerable infidel or heretic.

At this point in time, criticism in any form is painted as intolorance, sometimes racist, and other demonizing terminology. It doesn't matter if that critisism is well founded. Such as critisizing some who force the women of their country to live as not much better than a pet dog, or for cutting someones head off etc.
Come to think of it, any criticism of Obama and crew is handled much the same way. Joe the plumber found that out the hard way. How dare he question the "saviour".
I forget her name, but the actress from 24 stating that the tea party protest was nothing but straight up straight down "red neck racism" (never mind the taxation without representation, critism of bush and obama, dems and reps for wasting our tax dollars and putting us inextricably in debt) and the Il state rep who said not confirming burris to the senate amounted to a racist action, (never mind the revelation later that money was in fact offered to blogo and crew)

Saul would proud of the way liberals attack critisism all the while dishing out hate laced speach critizing and demonizing any who "DARE" to question their 'saviour' and their opinion.
What was it he said... isolate it, personalize it, ridicule it... something along those lines.

Liberals in my book are no different that intolorant religious zeolots who attack rather than debate, who cannot stand the light of logic or question.
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 06-10-2009 16:31
That's why politics and religion are both toxic topics.  Everyone has their own zealous beliefs which makes everyone else either a Commie, Fascist, infidel or heretic.  Bush and his dad's buddies were F ing redneck idiots.  Now Obama is an F ing idiot.  At the end of the day no one will get along the rich get richer and WE still don't F ing agree on anything.  What ever!  Its getting old!
Parent - By Dale Gerstel (*) Date 06-12-2009 16:02
I'de rather have a good looking idiot like SARAH. She would have the Heads of States turning and would probably get anything she wanted.Even from the Muslims.
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 06-12-2009 03:33
Gerald,
Her name is Ganine Garafalo.

>Saul would proud of the way liberals attack criticism all the while dishing out hate laced speech criticizing and demonizing any who "DARE" to question their 'saviour' and their opinion.

>What was it he said... isolate it, personalize it, ridicule it... something along those lines.

You are correct. Rules for radicals. Case in point; look how letterman made perverted "jokes" about Palin and her daughter two nights ago and no left leaning group or feminists group defended her. His "joke" included Alex Rodrigouz having sex with Palins daughter in the dug out and Palin dressed like a slut just to name a couple.
I doubt the 63 year old pervert would say those thing if Todd was present, heck, he wouldn't say it if Sarah was around.

...isolate, it, personalize it, ridicule it...

http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/8925/alinsky.htm
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 06-12-2009 04:06
Yep that would be her.

I suspect I touched a nerve with Bryon. That tends to happen when you hit the truth at a grazing angle.
I don't think her husband would be so unwise as to physically hit him in public. Would be a shame if something fell on him while walking with no one about though.

Regards,
Gerald
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 06-13-2009 23:22
Maybe they need to invite Dave up to Alaska for a hunting trip.....and invite Dick Cheney too!!
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Very Interesting video