Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / air suspension
- - By Tyler1970 (***) Date 06-18-2009 19:47
what is a good brand of air ride i can use to help support the bed on my rig? it squats alot. what do you guys use?
Parent - - By JLWelding (***) Date 06-19-2009 02:35
Tyler I am not trying to hyjack here you have a good question, I would like to ask what to do about truck lean to driver side? Welder is balanced out pretty good in bed truck just tired I think.
Parent - - By Tyler1970 (***) Date 06-19-2009 13:46
i got a few buddies into that low riders stuff. they going to help me out with some air ride technolgy bags.
Parent - By JLWelding (***) Date 06-20-2009 02:46
That sounds good, post some info.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 06-20-2009 04:05
Can You move some of the heavier tools to even it out? Move the machine a few [as much as it takes] inches?
Parent - By ruero (**) Date 06-25-2009 17:11
Firestone make a good sys. I have had them on the ford for a couple yrs. But I wish I would have went with the compressor and auto fill from the start. It would be nicer to adjust on demand when needed. Most truck parts store have them.
Parent - - By robgreg1978 (**) Date 06-26-2009 02:08
i used the firesone system with dual control system. it comes with compressor and gauges to mount in the cab. you can air each bag individually to what ever pressure you like. i have had it for about 6 months works well so far. about 800 bucks for the air bags and controls
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 09-03-2009 02:31
Tyler, I priced a Firestone system in 93 and I thought it was way over priced at the time. I had "time" then so I went to the local Peterbilt parts counter and ordered two Firestone air bags. I built my own brackets and installed the system with over the counter parts. I have a compressor on my truck so I just installed 2 solenoids and a switch off the regulated side of my air supply to air one to add air and one to dump the air. I used that truck till 2001 and never had a problem at all. Grand total of $350 in 93. I instaled the kit on my new truck and the brackets are already bending, only been on there for 2 years. Granted my truck weighs 17,200 loaded with all my stuff but I have a couple pipeliner friends that are experiencing the same problems with the brackets. It is an easy fix to stiffen the brackets but I have to take them off the truck... Wish I had some of that "time" to spare...
Parent - By Ron Saindon Date 01-05-2010 01:56
hey guys
Use the leveling valves that heavy trucks use(triaxle dump trucks, eighteen wheelers, etc.) they are cheep and will hold the vehicle at the right height all the time with an air supply.If you use two of them, it will even keep the truck level side to side once  eproperly adjusted.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 01-05-2010 13:06
Haven't used them myself, but several on Pro-Touring.com have, and had good things to say about them.....

http://www.ridetech.com/
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / air suspension