Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Holiday in england
- - By makeithot (***) Date 06-20-2009 20:28
Not the cheapest holiday that the wife and I have ever had but well worth the visit most of our times was spent in Whales there is some nice country to see there. But now that I've been there longer then a trip through the airport it sure makes one appreciate what we have at home. ie-wide open spaces very little congestion apart from the cities if thats what you want and our housing is still relativily cheap compared to theirs.($500,000.00) for a run down shoe box and no yard and when the house isn't attached to all of your neigbours it is even more and you are still within spitting distance from the next guy. They do have lots of history though and that was an education in it's self that made it worth while. they also have a good selection of beers, but we still brew some of the best right here in Canada and the US, well maybe more so in canada but thats another story.
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 06-22-2009 01:16
Did you visit Stonehenge and Wooky Hole Cavern?
It does have lots of history and a great place to visit.
I was fortunate to work in England for six months and bring the family over for three. Didn't bring home any per diem money but lots of great memories. My youngest daughter (5 at the time) would say, "Do we have to go to another old castle today?"

Most of the co-workers were use to the 3.2 beer in the states and severely underestimated the local pubs brew. Wish You Tube was around then.

Glad you and the wife had a nice time.
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 06-22-2009 02:30
Good Canadian and American beer.  What's that?  :-)
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Holiday in england