Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / 1946 short hood sa200 info
- - By sae350 (*) Date 06-22-2009 00:37
I have a 1946 lincoln short hood, and was wondering if anyone new how to wire it for a power outlet so I can run a grinder?
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 06-22-2009 19:06
If you don't have a outlet on it, then you probably have the short exciter coils and armature, which do not product 110. Ask Martin G about this-- he ran into it when updating his shorty.
Parent - By Martin G (**) Date 06-23-2009 00:31
if you have the short exciter and small coils you will need exciter housing feild coils exciter arm and check to see if your bellows idler has a mercury switch if it dosnt mine didnt you will need to get this off  another bellows or do an idler upgrade a assume you have the chain drive gov control no reostate you will have to replace this with reostate or just add remote rehosate your looking a 1000 to 2000 bucks depending on if you go with used or new parts i got parts from Bills and Stumpfs Bills customer service is 2nd to none i got my housing from Stumpfs they have junkyard of machines if you go with the OEM idler upgrade pay attention and take your time your shunt wires will not be colored so be carfule it can be done it just takes time this is the only machine i have ever worked on and i got it   it just has been a headace but it just about done for now one of these days paint would be nice oh ya do you have electric start thats a whole nother can of worms lincolin says it cant be done but it can but it anit cheap eather
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / 1946 short hood sa200 info