Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Hey Shad????
1 2 3 4 Previous Next  
- - By Brian T. Beard (**) Date 07-12-2009 01:41
Has anyone heard from Shad lately? Maybe Cactus?
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 07-12-2009 04:39
I got an eMail forward from Shad today, so I guess he is "on the air" or in His case, dial up.
Parent - - By Brian T. Beard (**) Date 07-12-2009 05:19
Thanks Dave for the post.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 07-12-2009 11:45
He is in  Kansas working
Parent - - By JohnJohn (**) Date 07-12-2009 13:30
Did he get in with 798?

JohnJohn
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 07-12-2009 16:37
Some kind of power plant or something, if I remember right. He had to let his service go for a couple of weeks. Hard times!!! He must have turned it back on based on the post above.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 07-12-2009 20:09
He is back on   Welding Structural somewhere in Kansas
Parent - - By Brian T. Beard (**) Date 07-12-2009 22:20
Is he working in Hutchinson, I here they are needing welders for the new plant they are building for manufacturing windmill blades or something like that?
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 07-13-2009 00:29
Not sure
Parent - By 65 Pipeliner (**) Date 07-16-2009 17:29
They haven't even broken ground yet. The city and all the rest of the guvment officials are still finalizing the deal and signing papers. It is a seimens plant, they are going to build the nacelles for the wind generators. They may be building other parts, but the nacelle is the big one.

Chris
Parent - - By JohnJohn (**) Date 07-12-2009 23:21
Well it's good to hear he is working. Hopefully this will be an opportunity to get his feet under him. They say the night's always darkest right before dawn. His time is coming and I wish him the best.

JohnJohn
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 07-13-2009 01:24
I talked to him on the phone about 2 weeks ago(?) when he was having issues with his truck making that clunk noise and he said something about finally having some work.
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 07-13-2009 02:57
If the numbers he told me are correct, he is gonna be fine soon.
Hope his truck holds on.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 07-13-2009 13:00
He was thinking rear diff on the truck but I have not seen one on a Dodge that needed work. Most of those dana's seem to last forever. When I talked to him he said there was a bracket on the rear diff that was loose and every time he shifted it would clunk. Tighten the bolts and problem solved. Besides.....it's a Dodge! :-)
Parent - - By ryan gaspard (**) Date 07-14-2009 01:02
he is getting all his e-mail by phone, he is on his way to Kansas to work,i have talked to him in the last few days,just pray for him and wish him the best of luck.thanks
Parent - - By Brian T. Beard (**) Date 07-14-2009 01:53
Thanks for the update!!!!
Parent - By tigrooter (**) Date 07-14-2009 05:03
What a group! If everybody was this positive all the time life would be great.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 07-14-2009 22:53
the numbers are correct rick hell i may just move to kansas nothing left here but beer joints and they are tired of me lol
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 07-25-2009 14:26
Well yall i'm heading back today. Kansas job was a flop. I got her on manday told the guy (STEVE NUTTAL owner of Badger Construction in South Dakota) i was here and was told be ready to build stands the next day that cody would call me. So i waited and waited and waited and nothing. on tuesday he called and said he was going to get the iron in denver. On wed. he called and said theres was some trouble and he'd be here thrusday. on thursday i get a text saying he's almost to haprer which is 9 miles up the road. and that was the last tiem i heard from him and it is saturday he answers the phone doesnt say anything just picks it up and hangs up you can hear the radio in the back ground. So after a months worth of phone calls and text messages i get shafted by this yankee from south dakota i borrowed money to get here so now i have to go home with my head down and my tail tucked between my legs in shame cause i let everybody down. so it wont be long and the phones will be cut off and the bank will get my truck so i guess i'll just sell out. i dont have anyother choice. I'll check messages on here when i can get to a computer and keep yall updated as much as i can. and if ya feel the need to check on me my number is listed in my signiture. The phones will be on til the 30th of this month and then will prolly get cut off for lack of payment. I really thought this guy was ligit and this was finally the break i was needing. well nope it put me further in debt and very embarassed cause i feel like i lied to everybody including yall and well i cant explain the feeling i have. see ya when i can take care and be safe
Parent - - By stkwldr (**) Date 07-25-2009 23:56
Shad, it was good to meet you today.  Thanks for stopping and looking me up while you were in Perry.  I hope things work out better for you when you get back across the state line. Oklahoma is slow just like texas and kansas for the time being.  Hopefully we can all hang in till it turns around. 
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 07-26-2009 00:23
Good to meet you thanks for having me over. Who knows what will happen time will tell.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 07-26-2009 03:27
That prick isn't a yankee, that is what You call a Yank-Er. You don't need to be embarassed, HE should be embarassed, ashamed & a whole lot more. Hope You find some work some place.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 07-26-2009 03:33
don't blame it on the being Yankee, blame it on just being an a-hole.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 07-26-2009 08:05
Thanks dave just cant help but to feel that way just the way i am
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 07-26-2009 03:32
Shad I sure hate to hear that especially since you drove all the way up there just to get dooped. I don't see how you should feel like you let everyone down. Sounds like you were chasing the work and were screwed by a real sh**head. I F'n hate people like that, don't have the balls to just tell ya on the phone. I'm a man, I can take it, you either say come on down or say hey your an a-hole but don't just leave me hanging wondering what the hecks going on. I would not be embarrassed, ashamed at all. You held up your end of the bargain, you told Steve you would be there and you were, you stuck to your word. In my book that makes you an honorable man unlike this piece of garbage that did not stand up to his word. If there was a reason for gaffing you off at least he could have been a man and told you over the phone.

Sounds like a name I need to write down in a notebook under "don't work for this guy" or "People you won't trust".

Hope it works out for ya Shad!

Shawn
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 07-17-2009 04:24
building electrical sub stations all structual with ceramic backing something new for me but it's a check cant wait to get on the road
Parent - - By chris2698 (****) Date 07-17-2009 15:49
ceramic tell me about building these dam aluminum boats at work I've been needing to use ceramic everyday almost, it's weird but once you get the hang of it, it works pretty good
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 07-17-2009 23:23
i never messed with it but it cant be that bad and if it is well maybe i'll just go back to stabbing bolts that pays pretty good too
Parent - By chris2698 (****) Date 07-18-2009 00:56
I'm sure you'll get the hang of it
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 07-14-2009 22:52
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY YALL dont sell me to short.  lol my house phone go cut off for non payment and all i have had is dial up and my cell phone and aws isnt very friendly on a flip phone. I aint left for kansas yet on my second delay. for some reason the fabricator cant seem to punch holes in the right places on the flanges. so there are some technical difficulties with that. and have troubles at home first it was divorce now it is seperation. got my truck figured out it was the bolts that hold to drive line to the rear end. i tightened them up and went and got new 1's. the day before i was leaving to go to kansas the 1st time i changed the oil and it wouldnt start you know the clck click at the starter i checked the batteries they were good so beat on the starter and it cranked so dropped the starter to get a new 1 and found the main cable loose by 1/2 a inch.  putting a starter back in a dodge sucks lol. so long story short i am waiting to go to kansas still hopefully next week and yes it is good money the best i will have ever made.  on the up side i got called this am to go fix a pipe trailer for a rancher and made 200 in a hr and 53 mins not bad i thought so yall dont need to worry about me i'm alive and kicking just hanging on is all.  my phone is still turned off just using my moms to look for a room in kansas and besides my number is in my signiture so i'm not out of reach.  i keep the cell going cause it is my work contact oh yeah the truck is 2 months behind so i may just go to kansas to keep it til i can catch it up lol
Parent - - By preston davis (**) Date 07-14-2009 23:12
good luck up there, and keep ur head up it will turn for better.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 07-14-2009 23:28
thanks preston and if any1 knows it can olny get better it is me hell they tried to kill me and i wouldnt let them lol. dr told me i'd never weld again lol wish he could see me now i just wana go back to work and quick start getting some money back in the bank and when i do get back pay cash for a place so no 1 can take it away again
Parent - - By stkwldr (**) Date 07-15-2009 00:05
if you come up I-35 you will go right through perry, ok.  Give me a shout, we could get a burger or a beer.  I know you said you couldn't drink but hey, we could burn up some time.
Parent - - By tompit9 (***) Date 07-15-2009 00:30 Edited 07-15-2009 00:38
same for me. i'm in ft.worth and if your driving thru town let me know and maybe we can have a tall glass of ice tea or soda and BS! u got my #. it would good to see ya dude. tommy
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 07-17-2009 04:27
sounds good tommy i'd like to see what ya done with my old machine i traded ya wanna buy a tool box lol
Parent - - By tompit9 (***) Date 07-17-2009 12:16
like u shad i've been pretty tight on money my self. family first! been pretty steady working for an outfit close to house, not making a killing but keeping some of the bills paid. doing a little fence repairs here and there. slowly she is coming together. hopefully soon she'll be up and running. the family keep me busy when i'm not working. man i hope u get on with that outfit up north! if u do and don't get to stop by, burn them rods and keep the sparks flying!
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 07-17-2009 14:28
i got the job just waiting on material to get there. should of left 3 weeks ago i got delayed 2 times now i hope it gets there soon ori wont have a truck to work with
Parent - - By tompit9 (***) Date 07-17-2009 15:42
that would not be good. u leave out this coming week(hopefully)?
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 07-17-2009 23:19
supposed to leave sunday dont have to be there til thursday but things have gone to hell here and i just want to get out and away as fast as i can
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 07-15-2009 01:42
Lol i can drink now will do when i come thru
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 07-20-2009 15:46
Just went thru perry but didnt have your number a lil early for a beer but what the hell lol
Parent - - By tompit9 (***) Date 07-20-2009 22:15
how was that first day bud?
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 07-21-2009 02:25
got here around 2pm. laid over in okc to get gauges worked on anyway didnt do nothing and this town is a lil po dunk town streets roll up at 5 pm and no place to blow money so i'll be richer than i thought when i leave here and all i have seen is miles and miles of plowed ground. suppose to build some stands tomorrow but they guy im working with aint called me yet and it's raining first nite in kansas and theres a tornado warning ( clicking heels ) theres no place like home theres no place like home lmao. we'll see what tomorrow brings.
Parent - - By Brian T. Beard (**) Date 07-21-2009 07:57
Shad, Good Luck with that job. Just remember if the wind stops blowing in KS you better head for the basement cause a big un' is coming. God Bless, Ryde Shad Ryde
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 07-21-2009 15:23
thanks man first night in town and there was a tornado warning heard the siren and everything and thought oh no what now so i started asking what to do where to go and theres a safe place right behind the room. clouds got real dark and started to spin a little and then the lightining started bolting and the wind got cool not cold just cool. the owner of the hotel was out watching so i went to talk to them and they both said if the widn gets cold leave lol anyway it passed and rained pretty good last night wished it would rain like that back home man it is very dry. still waiting to go to work got called last night and was told i'd be getting a call to go to work sometime today to start building some stands no call yet we'll see
Parent - - By tompit9 (***) Date 07-21-2009 22:08
man that sux
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 07-22-2009 01:54
yeah and still no call starting to wonder
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 07-22-2009 21:09
You test yet???
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 07-22-2009 21:10
my certs from brady will work i dont have to test. talked with the guy this morning he is on his way with a load of tron so hopefully tomorrow i'll be back at it. i've been cooped up in this room for 3 days and theres nothing to do here i will never leave early for a job again well maybe 1 day early but not 4
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 07-23-2009 01:33
I have some certs from Brady !
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Hey Shad????
1 2 3 4 Previous Next