Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Here are the #s Please Call
- - By michael kniolek (***) Date 07-15-2009 22:02 Edited 07-15-2009 22:11
I have called these #s and 2 amazing things happened no busy signal and i got a live person!(well a democrat)

If a stupid viral video can sweept the country why cant these #s ?

If we cant protest over the phone we deserve to be controlled!
Let me kow if any1 uses it

senete 202 225 3121 i called this 1

congress 202 456 1111 calling this 1 after the shuttle launch

MDK
Parent - - By michael kniolek (***) Date 07-16-2009 22:06
2 1/2 weeks left to protest.
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 07-16-2009 22:55
I need to prepare a list before calling. Random screaming and cussing wont get me far. But I will be on the horn.
Parent - - By michael kniolek (***) Date 07-16-2009 23:43
i kept it short and 2 the point
i dont support the healthcare bill
i dont support bailout
i dont support new spending
i dont think i will vote democrate everagain if any of these pass.

the key is the last part...the vote.
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 07-17-2009 16:47 Edited 07-17-2009 16:53
Ever is a long time. I do believe the Democrats are perhaps the most destructive political force on the planet today. At least the totalitarian radical wing, which is a great majority in congress and the driving power of the party as a whole. But the Republicans have proven to be not much better. Which is our fault. However, things evolve.
Liberalism today is not at all what it was as a philosophy in Jeffersons day. Jefferson would be horrified. Even his revolutionary side. In fact, the meaning of liberalism is today diametrically opposed to what it meant in his day. Liberalism in Jeffersons day was based upon the ideas of the enlightenment, of humanism, of freedom from tyranny, of governments staying the hell out of our business so that free people could realize their potential. Liberalism today is a rotting corpse of Utopian Idealism with the intent of imposing this idealism at all costs.
Liberalism has an appeal to the youth because they are mistakenly of the belief that this is the party of rebels and dissent. I am still trying to figure out exactly how a majority party can be the rebellious decenters.
On the contrary, since the Vietnam War the liberal political philosophy is the philosophy of the establishment. But you gotta hand it to them, they have done a fine job of bulls**ting our inexperienced and ignorant youth.
Parent - - By bozaktwo1 (***) Date 07-17-2009 16:53
We had a hand in it ourselves, allowing the TV to be the babysitter.  Giving in to kids allowing them to have what they want, giving them a sense of entitlement and then they believe that instant satisfaction is the norm.  Why work for what you want?  Someone owes it to me.  Total welfare mindset.
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 07-17-2009 16:54
I couldn't agree more.
Parent - By PipeIt (**) Date 07-17-2009 17:22
Ditto that! I fall under the guilt of that myself, along with the wife's help.
Why work if the kids piss and moan enough both working parents will give in.
We've created some monsters, no doubt, hopefully its not to late to do damage control.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 07-18-2009 03:20
It didn't help that 8 years of irisponsible spending by republicans gave enough people the IDEA that the democrats were the "voice of reason" who would turn it all around. Little did they know...
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 07-19-2009 13:49
Dave,
No it didnt help at all. I agree with you 100%.
But again, its our fault. It seems that no matter what party is in power we seem to prefer to elect representatives that will give us something. I actually heard a debate some time ago where it was argued that in order for the Republicans to regain power they are going to have to abandon the ideas of reduced spending and reduced taxes.
This may indeed be valid. And that is frightening.
The philosophy of fiscal responsibility can no longer maintain itself with a lazy, weak, and greedy democratic consituency that just wants handouts.
Basically, all we seem to want to do is vote ourselves more stuff. He who promises us the most stuff wins. Never mind that little mustachioed man behind the curtain.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 07-20-2009 02:19
If it IS valid, We are screwed.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Here are the #s Please Call