Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Wolf-hybrid dog carries off infant
- - By Jssec (**) Date 07-20-2009 20:54
http://www.jessamineonline.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=9767&format=html

The Jessamine County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a dog attack on an infant.

The attack occurred around 1 p.m. Monday, when a large wolf-hybrid attacked a three-day-old child at a home located at 1351 Beaumont Road in northeastern Jessamine County, just off Vince Road.

“The hybrid-type dog had grabbed their three-day old baby out of an upstairs crib, and had made it outside with the child,” Deputy Anthony Purcell said. “It looked like a collie-wolf mix. He (male baby) was taken out of the house; we’re still trying to determine how. It’s our understanding that the animal made it into the back yard before the parents realized that it had the child.”

Purcell said the dog took the infant about 150 yards into a wooded area. The child was transported to the University of Kentucky Medical Center by Jessamine County EMS.

“It’s my understanding that he’s in critical condition,” Purcell said. “There’s some severe lacerations and some blood loss; three days old ... that can be serious.”

The name of the child nor those of his parents have been released by JSO.

“It was fairly good-sized,” Jessamine County Animal Control Officer Sherman Jett said. “We’re doing a dog bite investigation.”

Jett said the owner had proof of rabies vaccination on the dog. The animal was taken to the animal control shelter where it will be observed. Jett said JSO or the dog’s owner will make a determination on its fate at a later date.

The sheriff’s office is continuing its investigation.

The Jessamine County Fire District also responded to the scene, anticipating a search, according to Fire Chief Mike Rupard.

“At the initial dispatch, we all kind of stopped and said, “What did they say?,” he said. “The initial report was a wolf, and we’re thinking that a wild dog has knocked the mother down and stolen the baby out of her arms and took him into the woods. It does put you a different alert level of response. (Nicholasville) Deputy Chief Kevin Baker initially called me asking if I wanted him to get the dog team together for a search team, and we had all of that in the works, but the father found the child before we got here.”
Parent - By uphill (***) Date 07-23-2009 23:30
Cant imagine wanting a wolf hybred. I used to own two Malamutes for 10+ years, very cunning and bloodthirsty critters. They are very close to the wolf family and have many similarities. The big male did bite a tool stealing prick or two on the back of the truck in motel parking lots.  You cant take the kill out of some animals. Only way is with a 3" load of T-steel.  The squeals from the baby would only trigger the food mode.  Not very good way to come into this old world.  Pray for the baby.  Kill the mutt.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Wolf-hybrid dog carries off infant