Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Selling welding supplies
- - By titscanweld2 Date 07-14-2003 01:17
I see a great opportunity to open a welding supply co. in my area and I am curious about how to go about selling the gas supplies. Do I have to get a certification for that also?
I am stumped that no companies are open on weekends in my area. I wanted to rent argon to weld alum and got really frustrated. Since all my interest lie in Welding I thought I'd open a shop.
Any comments would be greatly app. As long as they are friendly. Remember We're Welders Man or Women!
Parent - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 07-14-2003 05:12
You will have to get those gasses from a wholesaler. Surely they will advise you on necessary licenses and so forth which probably vary from one juristiction to another. I like your plan to be available for sales during those times when I'm not at work. My daughter is a fireman. The best welding counterman in this area is a woman. You'll get no flak from me if you want to be a welder.
Bill
Parent - By Dubliner (*) Date 07-16-2003 02:22
In Austin there is a few small (small) operations in addition to a really big national one, so apparentle it can be done, good luck, Dubliner
Parent - By n5uzt (**) Date 07-16-2003 02:34
check out my company that i work for home page
www.welsco.com
cylinders will be your biggest investment if you buy or rent
lots of whole salers to buy supplies from.
what area are you in?
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Selling welding supplies