Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / 12" B&B holding fixture
- - By TRC (***) Date 08-02-2009 22:16
What are you using to hold the pipe when doing a 12 butt and branch test. For the butt I usually just tack it on the end of a piece of 6 or 8" that I have on my jack stands. I have hung the branch from jack stands by running a piece of 3 or 4" through the carrier pipe. One company I tested for had an adjustable cart to weld off of and that worked really nice, I could raise it to the perfect height and spin the branch so I didn,t have to keep jumping back and forth. Thanks- Ted
Parent - By DONKEY PUNCH Date 08-03-2009 05:26
take the piece u cut out of ur branch tack it to inside of pipe then tack it to ur pipestand so it looks like a t sitting on ur stand then u can turn it any way ya want or adjust height
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 08-03-2009 17:55
I have a bench vice that goes in my trailer ball mount, then hang a piece of square tube in it and then hang the pipe off of that. Hangs out there with nothing in the way. Over at the lab where I tested though they had a table set up under a open side shed which was under the shade trees.....nice!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / 12" B&B holding fixture