Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / What's up gang!?!
- - By CHEVYTOWN13 (**) Date 07-05-2003 22:19
I'm a newbie both to the boards and welding. In the coming year I will attempt to learn how to weld and buy my own set-up, mainly working with manderal bent tubing(chairs/exhaust and hopefully some patch panel work for my 63 C10, rust heaven brothers!)...not sure about aluminum(which I have read is rather difficult), stainless steel, aluminized?... That's part of my homework. Finding out what is for what and so on...can't wait! I'll be checking out the search feature and hopefully some questions, but wanted to say what it is to me new hometowns...

Ricardo aka Chevytown
Parent - - By Niekie3 (***) Date 07-06-2003 13:31
Welcome Ricardo. There are some really clued up welders here that will be able to help you with all your questions. Even if you do not ask any questions, just keep monitoring the posts. You will learn a lot, as I have.

Regards
Niekie Jooste
Parent - - By CHEVYTOWN13 (**) Date 07-06-2003 21:18
Muchas gracias for the tips Niekie.

Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 07-07-2003 11:07
CHEVYTOWN13,
Welcome to the forum! Keep the questions coming. I too, like Niekie get loads of ideas and information from the posts here on this board.
Enjoy the Search function,
John Wright
Parent - - By CHEVYTOWN13 (**) Date 07-17-2003 21:58
Hey JW...thanks hometown.

I bought a Lincoln "pro-mig" welder today. Just the first step but I'm glad I jumped in the lake!

C-TOWN
Parent - - By Arcandflash (**) Date 07-17-2003 23:06
Enjoy the new toy! That's a big first step you've made.

Above all, work safely.

Bill
Parent - By CHEVYTOWN13 (**) Date 07-18-2003 23:08
Gracias Bill.

The safety issue is a BIG concern that's for sure. But I'm down to learn the basics and safety issues so a class is forthcoming (instead of the video, but dang! I want to get started already!). Thank you for the encouragements!

Ricardo
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / What's up gang!?!