Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Wanted--Junked Lathe Chuck
- - By Pat (**) Date 08-09-2009 19:26
If anyone has an old unusable lathe chuck for a little or nothing, I am looking for a 3 or 4 inch with 3 or 4 jaws. I need one to use in a project in which it will not be used on a lathe. I thought I had one a few weeks back but the shop that has some will not sell them because of tax and liability reasons, and their scrap bin is in a locked and gated area. I am more than willing to pay shipping and a handling charge.................thanks
Parent - - By FixaLinc (****) Date 08-10-2009 04:23
Do a google search for used lathe chucks and tons of places come up to find them.  Those china tool places like grizzly.com sell a new 4 or 5" chuck for about $50-$60.
Parent - - By Pat (**) Date 08-15-2009 02:49
I found a free very used chuck. It will still serve my needs for turning small pipe or other round objects.........thanks for the info.
Parent - - By FixaLinc (****) Date 08-15-2009 18:01
Good deal wish I could find some free ones.  Was wanting a 4" 3 jaw for my small lathe and wound up getting a import Bison chuck from Poland they had in stock on east coast.  The original I found out was Pratt Bernard and no one here had new jaws and a new chuck would have to wait for it to be made at the factory in England !
Parent - By rig welder6 (**) Date 08-18-2009 02:39
ebay has lot of them all sizes
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Wanted--Junked Lathe Chuck