Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welder cover
- - By Wrench Tech (**) Date 08-22-2009 13:17
Hi everyone
Just bought a new Vantage 400 welder and tried to also buy a canvas (fabric) cover for it.  Lincoln doesn't make one or so I'm told.  Does anyone know where I can get one?  I just want to try to keep the salty winter road spray off.  Thanks for any help.  Tom
Parent - - By jffluxcore (**) Date 08-22-2009 13:41
miller
Parent - - By pypLynr (***) Date 08-22-2009 14:15
LOL  ... thats funny , miller cover for the mans' LINCOLN welder .
Parent - By Wrench Tech (**) Date 08-23-2009 02:12
Yeah and I bought the welder at my local industrial supplier who happens to be a Miller dealer.  He also suggested a Miller cover.  But man.....  I just can't do it!
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 08-22-2009 14:14
Go to your Local Boat Dealer. They will have People who can build custom Boat Covers. These people can make you one to fit your machine
Parent - By jsimwelding Date 08-22-2009 17:05
Weld Alert in Edmonton Alberta makes nice covers. Have one for my 305G and fits nice and price was good. He also makes the best remotes you can buy I think. # is (403) 433-7911 or toll free 1 888 633 9353 and his name is Jeff.
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 08-22-2009 17:37
Tarp shop local that makes truck tarps, boat covers, whatever or a upholstery shop. 
Parent - - By Wrench Tech (**) Date 08-23-2009 02:16
Thanks for the help guys.  I'm gonna try the Alberta number on Monday and if that doesn't work out then I guess I'll get one made.
Parent - - By makeithot (***) Date 08-24-2009 23:10
I had one of those fancy tarps on my machine and the first road trip I went on the wind ripped it to shreds, Might have been just bad luck but it hardly seemed worth it. Had one of those fancy stianless steel BBQ's on the last job I was on ,it sure had a hard time keeping up to the big 40 maybe one of those blue covers is what it needed LOL. How are things going up your way staying busy?
Regards,Richard.
Parent - By Wrench Tech (**) Date 08-25-2009 02:33
Hi Richard.  Still working on that IPP for nearly 3 years now but it's almost complete.  Don't know where I'll be for a while after that.  Mexico for sure during the Olympics.  Logging is kind off to a stuttering start this year but... I don't know about that.  Have to get this job done before I worry too much about the next one. 
I used a Miller big 40 for years but before I worked on my own.  That was a really good machine and I don`t know why I didn`t buy one this time.  But I have used the Vantage 400 for three weeks or so  - mostly 1/16 wire - put about 65 hours on it and I like it fine so far.  Beats the hell outta my old sick 300D.
But I have to protect it somehow from that winter salt spray off the road.  That stuff just wrecks the machine.  Tom
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welder cover