Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / A Southern Lady
- - By FixaLinc (****) Date 08-25-2009 03:57
4b9d6c.jpg

A very gentle Southern lady was driving across the Savannah River Bridge in Georgia one day. As she neared  the top of the bridge, she noticed a young man fixing (ready ) to  jump.

She stopped her car, rolled down the window and said, "Please don't jump, think of your dear mother and father."

He replied, "Mom and Dad are both dead; I'm going to jump."

She said, "Well, think of your wife and  children."

He replied, "I'm not married and I don't have any kids."

She said, "Well, think of Robert E. Lee."

He  replied, ''Who's Robert E. Lee?''

She replied, ''Well bless your  heart, just go ahead and jump, you dumb @$$ Y@nkee.
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 08-25-2009 09:59
LOL, now thats funny
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-25-2009 10:08
I'm what you Southerner's consider being a Yankee, yet I learned who Robert E. Lee was in the first grade of school!!! ;)
What a DUMB@$$ Yankee indeed!!! ;) :) :) LOL

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By FixaLinc (****) Date 08-25-2009 15:15 Edited 08-25-2009 15:19
Don't feel bad Henry.  We consider everyone that comes from outside Texas something else for a while or maybe forever lol.  It usually depends on how well they try to fit in but some never do lol.  I probably couldn't change to fit in up there? :)  

When I worked next door in New Mexico they were always telling bad Texas jokes at work but never liked my jokes ?   New Mexico is "The Land Enchantment".  Why ?  Because Texas is where men are men and in New Mexico is the land where sheep run skeered ! lol
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-25-2009 16:29
That's okay because up here in the northern parts of the country we have similar thoughts also... However, I don't know much about New Mexico. ;) LOL

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By OBEWAN (***) Date 08-25-2009 12:22 Edited 08-25-2009 12:39
When I lived in Texas they told me that Yankees are like hemorrhoids.  If they come down and go back up they are better than if they come down and stay down.  Then they are a pain in the @$$.

It did not make me feel too good since I was from Michigan, but they promised me that if I stayed for 10 years I would become an honorary citizen.  I left after only 7 years and moved to New England.

Now, living in Jacksonville, I rarely hear anything about North/South rivalry.  I think that is because most of the people in the city now are former Yankees.
Parent - - By fbrieden (***) Date 08-25-2009 12:28
Joe Torre is a former Yankee!
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 08-25-2009 12:31
She truly was a Lady! She did'nt give him a push.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-25-2009 16:31
As well as a Met and a Cardinal too! ;)

Respectfully,
Henry
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / A Southern Lady