Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Getting Caned
- - By ctacker (****) Date 08-22-2009 02:13
I found this video when reading about a woman getting 6 lashes for drinking a beer, Its not for the faint of heart, pretty graphic, I hurt just watching it,LOL
http://ebaumnation.com/2009/08/12/caning-in-singapore
Parent - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 08-23-2009 18:42
proves maybe we should let the world influence us....if we actualy punished a criminal maybe they would think twice.
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-23-2009 20:05
Damn!!!  Sharia at its best!!!  Was that the CIA in Guantanamo Bay.  :-)
Bernie Madoff needs to be taken down on Wall Street and get some of that treatment then make him sit on a pile of rock salt.  Ouch!!!
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 08-23-2009 23:33
And all the corupt ACORN members too...in otherwords all of ACORN.
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-24-2009 03:32
ACORN, I didn't realize the organization has been indited on anything?  You ******* don't give up do you?
Parent - - By RioCampo (***) Date 08-24-2009 13:10
Bush wasn't either but you drove the bus over him. What's the matter, don't like it when the table starts turning against your cohorts?
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-24-2009 13:39
Any president to stand indictment would be unheard of, unfortunatly.
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 08-24-2009 14:10 Edited 08-24-2009 14:14
Don’t you listen to the news? Oh I mean real news……… ACORN is corupt........

Nope I don’t give up …… when our freedom is involved.
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 08-24-2009 17:03 Edited 08-24-2009 17:06
Ok so "……… ACORN is corrupt........". Its an organization of people. Selfish, sneaky- greedy people.

Cheez can you imagine that? Better yet can you tell me of any Political organization that is not?

It would seem Money is a motivator in all walks of life.

So what’s your point? :-)
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-24-2009 17:25
The NRA included.
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 08-24-2009 17:31
Now Byron thats a low blow---true but low!  Shucks I quess its sad but true that any time there are large numbers of $'s around the worst comes out of us all. That must be why they say" A lock will only keep an honest person honest"
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 08-25-2009 03:48
Not everyone can have the credibility of the National Boomerang Association.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 08-25-2009 12:18
:-)
Attachment: laugh.mp3 (0B)
Parent - - By millerman (**) Date 08-26-2009 02:18
Byron say what ya will but the 2nd adm. is giving you that right buddy
Thanks
Mac
oh ya nra member
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-26-2009 03:05
The second amendment is giving me the right to say what I want?
Yeah, you must be an NRA Member.
Parent - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 08-24-2009 21:42
No, there is not one area of our Gov that is not corrupt, but money is not the only thing that corrupts.
Acorn, the electoral college, the 30  plus czars, the senate, congress. Each  individual and organization has their own Sin ( for lack of a more politically correct word).
See I’m more concerned about our voting rights than I am about a whole CRAP load of people playing Mr Investment at their own risk…..a fool and his money ……..well ya know, play at your own risk. prosecute him send him to a debtor jail ,and this should be done because the victims deserve justice.
BUT…….voter fraud is not itself a victimless crime we all need justice. that’s all.
Money is not the only cause for justice.
MDK
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 08-25-2009 04:48
What bothers me about ACORN is that the president commissioned them to go to the Town Hall meetings and protest the protesters. Tax payer money and stimulus money goes to this (his) organization and the president has them at his beck and call. In fact he has told them to "get in their face, argue, sharpen your elbow, when they push, you push back twice as hard"

And we wonder why some town hall meetings are confrontational.
He said he wanted a civilian force equal in strength and funding to the military. Acorn is part of that "force". Busloads of organized protestors.

BTB: Our new admin. has no problem with the new black panther party intimidation voters with weapons and threats on election day so why would they indite an organization for voter fraud???
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 08-26-2009 00:59
With all the focus on Acorn , panthers , civilian force, Terrorists, and the Financial crisis, I think someone is forgetting about a potentially unstoppable force within the US or Perhaps they are the reason for his suggestion of a force equal to the military. The United States Militias, who are funded by lots and lots of privet money.
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-26-2009 03:09
Militias, hahahahahahah.  It appears that someone is hoping for Civil War part 2.  The military and police are much better funded and trained than those stupid fu*ks.  Come on with the militias.  Are you kidding me? 
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 08-26-2009 11:56
Eight years of combat and death trying to deal with  unequipped militias in Afganastan... Another 25 years of Russians trying to deal with unequipped militias in Afganastan.

Don't for a minute think that militias can't be effective/disruptive
Parent - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 08-26-2009 16:23
I know if they did make a move, they will grow expnentialy as every one who is sick of the crap will join by the thousands.
Do you know who else felt that way about millitas........England and they had thier buts handed to them.
Parent - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 08-26-2009 16:01
Do not assume you now what i hope for, thats the problem with all liberals today they assume they know everything.
MDK

Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 08-27-2009 10:06 Edited 08-27-2009 10:09
That has got to be one of the most ignorant and arrogant statements I've ever heard? How do you do it Bryon? How do you blissfully insert your head up your rectum in such a manner that you actually believe what's spewing out of it even though it's passing before your very eyes?

Those stupid f***s as you call them have toppled governments around the world time and again.
The police and military both are still human for the most part. Most police when faced with a momental disaster or unrest cut and run. Not due to cowardice, but do to caring for their family. They go home to defend that family. Katrina was a damn good example of what happens.

It's happened around the world many times. People like you and your arrogance is why such a large portion of the world outside of the U.S. hates us. You may not realize it, but you are no different than the arrogant republicans who all think they know best. It's like beginning a strip with red or blue. The only real difference is which one is leading us faster down the prime rose path of destruction.

I for one sincerely hope that it does not happen, but only an arrogant arse such as yourself could not see the possibility because your supreme confidence in big government blinds you to the reality that it is fast becoming an oppressor.

The worst of it is, it's both the democratic and republican party. If either retains a majority in the next election cycle, it's not going to stop, it's going to get worse.
We have a home in a stable country other than the U.S. and we will be going to it if this next cycle does not clean it up enough for a hope of sanity. It was obtained with hard work and a lot of self motivation. I do sincerely mean this when I say good luck with you and yours should the next election cycle not clean out the dead wood in D.C. Your going to need it.
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 08-27-2009 14:26 Edited 08-28-2009 17:28
I think you have a point there Gerald, if I remember my History correctly this nation was founded by just such a bunch of groups.

There is a lot of printed material giving due credit to the Revolutionary Army but little is known a bout how it all really got started by a lot of back woods militia.

There were a lot of battles fought and won by Militia long before any one ever put a pen to the Declaration of Independence.
Parent - - By darren (***) Date 08-28-2009 08:40
“   A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.   ”
there is a reason for this!!!!!
a militia is the only thing that can save us from tyranny and a lot of those well armed police and military will be counted for the revolution if it ever happens not against.
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 08-28-2009 15:41
Darren, "A well regulated Militia"--- isn't that supposed to be our National Guard units in each state? 
Parent - By darren (***) Date 08-28-2009 18:05
was supposed to be but that was subverted by the federal govt taking far too much control. a true militia today would be a bunch of folks who operate out side of federal or state jurisdiction to protect the rights of those people. essentially because of the transgressions against the constitution of the federal govt and the compliance with those breeches by the state govt. i dont think that there is a possibility of state defense units preforming as was origanally stated in the constutution, to stand against a tyrannical govt.
the reason there was a declaration of independence was the reasons that are stated, and now those reasons have come full circle. i think that exactly what the declaration declared "the united states" free from is now more powerful in the states than before the declaration.
"the united states" is just a noun now and not a verb, it has lost its intention as far as the constitution and the declaration is concerned. in my opinion
its morning for me perhaps i could be clearer or more thourough later.
darren
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-28-2009 13:03
What I'm concerned about is the insinuations, and they've been around for years, that these "militias" in the US, and all the gun nuts out there believe that their possession of guns will change anything.  It will be a very dark day in American history when the NRA organizes some kind of pseudo military force and marches on Washington.  Its an obsurd thought at best regardless of which party is in power.

As far a militias toppling governments.  Yes they do fairly often in the 3rd World.  Could it happen here....HELL NO!!!
Parent - - By waccobird (****) Date 08-28-2009 16:58
"And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from
time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take
arms...the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood
of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
-- Thomas Jefferson
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-28-2009 17:25
But what people forget about America's antiquated colonial leaders is that we are no longer a colony.  All the ideas that Jefferson and his contemporaries were ideals born in a colonial era.  We are no longer, thanks to Jefferson and his crew, colonists.  The Bill of Rights that gets tossed about comes from that mind set.  Rights that were not allowed in the colonies thanks to King George and company.
Parent - By darren (***) Date 08-28-2009 18:17
byron
"freedom is not free" and "united we stand, divided we fall"
we the people are losing a war of etrictian every day and we have been lulled into believeing that those who are "the govt" have our best interest at heart.
and" give no quarter for none shall be given"
pretty famous quotes from history , which of course seems to cycle round when forgotten.
delusion is best when served while still steaming and of course vengance is of course best served cold.
make no mistake about it those"nuts with guns are all that keep america from complete fascism.
check out the "bubba effect" in us army lterature
Parent - By 357max (***) Date 08-26-2009 18:32
Poor fellow must of been a welder who busted out on a bend test.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Getting Caned