Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Plasma Circuit Card
- - By Ed Mc (*) Date 08-04-2003 17:20
Notice a few on this site do welder repairs. I need a schematic/parts layout for a NewTecSys Omnicut 375-P board. Company no longer supports this plasma cutter and are of no help. Some parts have been replaced that I believe to be incorrect so even a known bad board would be of help. Long shot, I guess. but I hate to junk the plasma cutter.
Thanks,
Ed
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-04-2003 17:37
Welcome to the forum Ed,
I know how you feel about a piece of equipment that does a good job for you, and hate to junk it for something relatively minor. I can't help with a schematic, but was wondering if there are any electronic repair shops near you. We had a couple of magnetic drills that we could not get boards for anymore, but I found a shop here in town that could power up the board and could troubleshoot them for me. Many times they could fix it while I waited. I'm sure you have already tried this or you wouldn't be asking the question, but thought I'd offer anyway, just in case. Keep checking back as someone monitoring the forum may be able to help.
John Wright
I'll supply the number to the shop we have used.
Electronics Repair Center
(434)525-2010
4069 Waterlick Road
Lynchburg, Virginia
Parent - - By Ed Mc (*) Date 08-04-2003 18:28
John,
Thanks for the reply and welcome. Spoke with a company that did repair in CA and they couldn't help. Also the card was sent to a repair place in Jax, Fla with the same results. Most only repair the major brands Miller, Lincoln etc. I've replaced quite a few switching diodes and a couple of transistors and have gotten all supply voltages operating.(worked in electronic repair for some years) Anyway, someone had attempted a repair previously and use incorrect replacement parts. A few others I'm not sure about and need to compare.
Thanks,
Ed
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-05-2003 17:30
Hello Ed!

That is a bummer! It looks like this company has been sued "practically out of business" so to speak because, I did a search on a variety of search engines, and all I found were alot of .pdf files regarding lawsuits against them for a variety of reasons, and some other pages which were from out of this country that really did'nt offer any info regarding your situation... No wonder they're of no help!!!

Most of the equipment repair sites offer repairs to only major brands so, they were of no help!!!

However, I took the liberty to do a search for "circuit board repairs", and found a couple of possibilities:

(1) Precision Electronic Services Inc.
The e-mail is: service@PESQuality.com
They also have a toll free number: 1-800-732-4695
This company is in Danville,VA

(2) Specialized Electronic Services out of Dallas, TX
Their toll free number is: 1-800-681-7374
E-mail: bkegley@specializedelectronics.com

(3) Electronic Services.com out of New Jersey
Website is:
http://www.electronic-svcs.com/index.htm
E-mail: e.service@verizon.net
Phone/Fax: 973-395-0548

(4) Scope Systems out of Kingsville,MD
E-mail: Scope@ScopeSys.com
Phone: 410-592-8960, Fax: 410-592-8962

(5) TDL Electroncs out of Franksville,WI
E-mail: tomtdl@tdlelectronics.com
Phone: 414-322-1255, Fax: 262-835-2470

There are probably more companies out there but, this is all I found that could help your situation...

I do'nt mean to offend you but, have you taken a closer look at the board itself, not including the components?
The reason I ask is that you may have a problem with the board itself and not any of the components attached to the board...

a couple of other questions, if you do'nt mind: How did you diagnose the problem being found in this circuit board? Was it because, the machine had a schematic inside, on one of the sheet metal enclosures or was the schematic found in the machine's instruction manual?
When you contacted the manufacturer, (NuTecsys) did they tell you who manufactured the circuit board? Is the Mfg.& model number printed on the board?

This could really help because, I have repaired alot of out of warranty equipment in some "rare" brands of welding and cutting equipment before, and usually these parts can be obtained rather inexpensively when you compare the cost of replacing the equipment over performing the repairs.

However, if you need this plasma cutter, and are turning away jobs because, of it not working then, I STRONGLY suggest that you buy a new replacement!!! This time do'nt mess around with anything other than the major brands that are being serviced at your welding/gas suppliers in your area...
(Thermal Arc, Hypertherm, ESAB, Lincoln, Miller, etc.)

I hope this info helps, and I hope I did'nt offend you...I apologize if I did!

Respectfully,

SSBN727 Run Silent... Run Deep!!!

Parent - By Ed Mc (*) Date 08-05-2003 19:45
SSBN727,
Found the same about the lawsuits. Actually a countersuit against a German company was filed and later NeTecSys was awarded a large
settlement.

I'll try calling the repair companies you listed. Thanks.

PL-CUT2; E430 System GEPR/IFT Date 03 07 91 and some numbers are all that is on the cc. I'm not familiar with welding equipement but know what you mean about out sourced circuit cards etc.

Tech service for NTSys was quite blunt that they offered no support for this product.

Basic block diagram in the manual is all I have. No schematic of the card or parts layout. OCV is fine and ready light comes on but relay controling air flow through the solenoid does not engage. Transistor switching the relay is good but is controlled from two opamps fed by the portion of the circuit where I question some parts.

My use is for hobby only, not for a living. but I hate to throw the plasma in the dump.

I take it you were a Navy man. I served in the Army, draftee 1st Cav RVN so I'm not easily offended. Certainly not by someone trying to help.

Appreciate your help,
Ed
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Plasma Circuit Card