Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / VATICAN HUMOR
- - By ctacker (****) Date 10-14-2009 05:14

After  getting all of Pope Benedict's luggage loaded into the limo,  (and he doesn't travel light), the driver notices the Pope is  still standing on the curb.

'Excuse me,  Your Holiness,' says the driver, 'Would you please take your  seat so we can leave?'

'Well, to  tell you the truth,' says the Pope, 'they never let me drive at  the Vatican when I was a  cardinal, and I'd really like to drive today.'
  ;
'I'm sorry,  Your Holiness, but I cannot let you do that. I'd lose my job!  What if something should happen?' protests the driver, wishing  he'd never gone to work that morning..

'Who's going  to tell?' says the Pope with a smile.

Reluctantly,  the driver gets in the back as the Pope climbs in behind the  wheel. The driver quickly regrets his decision when, after  exiting the airport, the Pontiff floors it, accelerating the  limo to 205 kph.. (Remember, the Pope is German..)

'Please slow  down, Your Holiness!' pleads the worried driver, but the Pope  keeps the pedal to the metal until they hear sirens.

'Oh, dear  God, I'm going to lose my license -- and my job!' moans the  driver.

The Pope  pulls over and rolls down the window as the cop approaches, but  the cop takes one look at him, goes back to his motorcycle, and  gets on the radio.

'I need to  talk to the Chief,' he says to the dispatcher.

The Chief  gets on the radio and the cop tells him that he's stopped a limo  going 205 kph.

'So bust  him,' says the Chief.

'I don't  think we want to do that, he's really important,' said the  cop.

The Chief  exclaimed,' All the more reason!'

'No, I mean  really important,' said the cop with a bit of persistence.

The Chief  then asked, 'Who do you have there, the mayor?'
Cop:  'Bigger.'

Chief: ' A  senator?'

Chief: 'The  Prime Minister?'

'Well,' said  the Chief, 'who i s it?'

Cop: 'I think  it's God!'

The Chief is  even more puzzled and curious, 'What makes you think it's  God?'

Cop: 'His  chauffeur is the Pope!'
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 10-14-2009 05:45
That one is a classic that's been around since I was a boy and even though I haven't read or heard it in quite some time, it is still to this day as funny as it was since the first time I heard it some forty five or more years ago!!!:) :) :) Thanks for reminding me and the laughs once again!!! :) :) :)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 10-14-2009 05:53
Glad you enjoyed it, I have been around a few years and never heard it, but then again, most the jokes I hear usually don't involve religon. LOL
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 10-14-2009 07:04
Yeah! That's an updated version of the classic since obviously Pope Benedict wasn't the Pontiff that many years ago still, it is a timeless classic!!! :)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 10-14-2009 11:11
That's excellent.!!!  :-)
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / VATICAN HUMOR